View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 217 of 380 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 5691
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Man...

God of Highschool has been really good recently.

It's really pleasing to watch an absolute powerhouse main character get mostly taken to pieces by good strategy and stylistic superiority rather than just a raw power battle.

I mean, Jin seems to have pulled something out of mostly nowhere which will probably nab him the win but Park Ill-Pyo has been utterly dominating this match really well and the artwork has been lovely.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

So, do you want to know just *how* different a road Evangelion 3.0 has ventured compared to the last half of the TV series?

Do you?

spoilers:

14 year timeskip
    end of spoilers
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Medaka Box

This chapter just makes me wonder again about why kid!Kumagawa had gray/white hair.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

So... you know how Toriko had a pretty steep power curve?

Nanatsu no Taizai looks set to make that look restrained and we're only three chapters in.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    So... you know how Toriko had a pretty steep power curve?

Nanatsu no Taizai looks set to make that look restrained and we're only three chapters in.
    Hmm.

I am intrigued.

Give me a few moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Hmm.

I am intrigued.

Give me a few moments.
    ...so.

spoilers:
    In the first three chapters we have a guy destroying a cliffside and an entire forest with one swordswing each and a guy that can deflect said swordswings easily with a broken sword and two guys messing up a village and a castle by throwing a spear at eachother while they're 7 miles apart.
    end of spoilers

Awesome.

Helps that it has an interesting premise, fun setting and an art style that sets it apart from other manga, at least most of what I read. Meliodas is really funny and Elizabeth is cute. I look forward to following this series.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

what's this manga about?

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    what's this manga about?
    Medieval fantasy setting.

People talk about a group of powerful rogue knights called the Seven deadly sins and how they disbanded after attempting a coup d'etat on the king. Now there're rumors about a knight in rusty armour stumbling around the countryside while muttering about needing to find the Seven deadly sins. One day this odd knight stumbles into a bar run by a kid (Meliodas) that can only cook shitty food and a talking pig.

Why is this knight searching for the Seven deadly sins and what secrets does Meliodas hold? The answer to these questions you will find if you read the manga.

Well, I finally decided to read Hellsing: The Dawn and I have to say, I have lost a bit of my awe for Alucard after seeing what a complete goofball he was in his teenage female form. I don't know if he's behaving this way just to play the part of a little kid or what, but it's bloody hilarious. The scene with him, Walter and the Captain was comedy gold.

Walter: C'mon, let's double-team him, Alucard.

Girlycard: Yeah, you do that. I'll just sit this out.

Walter: Whaaaaa?

Girlycard: He's a friggin' werewolf! I can't beat that. You can totally take him. I have complete faith in---Yoink!

(Girlycard hops on hir coffin, flies out of the room, slams the double doors behind hir and bolts the door shut, sealing Walter inside the room with the werewolf. s/he and her bipedal coffin pull out their cigarettes and take a drag)

Girlycard: Well, he's a dead man.

(Back in the room)

Walter: That fucking dick-cunt!

(The Captain just stares, dumbfounded)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    ...so.

spoilers:
    In the first three chapters we have a guy destroying a cliffside and an entire forest with one swordswing each and a guy that can deflect said swordswings easily with a broken sword and two guys messing up a village and a castle by throwing a spear at eachother while they're 7 miles apart.
    end of spoilers

Awesome.

Helps that it has an interesting premise, fun setting and an art style that sets it apart from other manga, at least most of what I read. Meliodas is really funny and Elizabeth is cute. I look forward to following this series.
    It looks like it's going to be a fun ride.

If you enjoy this, you should check out the author's other work Kongou Banchou if you have not done so already. It also features absurdly awesome powers, incredibly manly men and a really cool premise.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

So, does anyone feel that rereading early chapters of a long running work...Just seem kind of off now thanks to art evolution?

I reread the early chapter of Ravages of Time, after god knows how many chapters...And I find myself amazed by the art shift it's like I got whiplash.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_twister View Post
    So, does anyone feel that rereading early chapters of a long running work...Just seem kind of off now thanks to art evolution?

I reread the early chapter of Ravages of Time, after god knows how many chapters...And I find myself amazed by the art shift it's like I got whiplash.
    The early art in Ravages of Time is weird and kind of offputting.

Air Gear is an amazing transformation. It goes from the very generic-y stuff that Oh!Great used to do moving through to his much more unique style.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Comparing early D.Gray-Man and current D.Gray-Man is...weird.

Especially Allen. I kind of his miss his early, younger, look.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Comparing early D.Gray-Man and current D.Gray-Man is...weird.

Especially Allen. I kind of his miss his early, younger, look.
    The art's gotten very different but boy has it gotten pretty.

I mean, this page is one of my favourite pages ever:

So creepy, so horrific.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The early art in Ravages of Time is weird and kind of offputting.

Air Gear is an amazing transformation. It goes from the very generic-y stuff that Oh!Great used to do moving through to his much more unique style.
    Agreed on Air Gear as far as I can remember, though I am so far behind...I'm not too sure what goes on since.

Indeed on Ravages of Time, it does feel...A tad off. Then later chapters put a heck lot more detail since then. If you did managed to read far to the story, what do you think of the changes they did to characters...Especially Dong Zhuo?

As the moment, checking Feng Shen Ji, which the first 5 chapters is one Hell of a rage against the gods moment. Though I did like this minor conversation from a flashback that sums up as this:

Guy: Bro, I just realize the gods are complete assholes...I'm gonna go kill them when I grow up.

Brother: (doesn't seem to care, sword practicing) ...Sweet, count me in.

And damn, those two fare a Hell lot better when they fight the gods. O_O
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo