View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 154 of 382 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 5728

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    It's just a bit of a running joke. They guy is creative and his stories are fun, but they always seem to get cancelled.
    I know, it's still a shame about DA.

I hope this time he can make it. Nisekoi is probably the best thing that came out of SJ since Beelzebub.
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

Vanguard!! Season 2 Episode 2

Aw, man. Poor Aichi.

Apparently he can still see Cray via Imagine though.

Kai is still as uncommunicative as ever. And here I was hoping for an Aichi/Kai/Ren team this season.

This means that I'll have to put up with Kamui again. Ugh.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Gundam Age:

This generation is over!!!

So, I liked Asume painting his Gundam white. Nice way to honor Woolf.

That said... this ending was lackluster. I mean, last time we had this epic battle, stuff happened, and so forth. Sure it was a bit of a downer ending but it was good. This time... just felt like an odd place to cut it off.

Shame, because Asemu had just become awesome.

Saint Seiya Omega:

Meet Shiryu's son aka Shun 2.0.

Okay the elements and cloth stones kind of get expanded on and it is acknowledged that it wasn't always that way. Good. At least they aren't going for a full retcon. Hydra and Bear are nice to have in the school. I really like seeing the old saint (even if they were very minor characters).

However...

Shiryu's son: My dad lost all his senses, however it is said that in the past when he lost his sight he was able to regain it by raising his cosmo so blah blah blah..

Yeah, it's called the Seventh Sense.

Which is above all other senses.

And when you use it you kind of... not need all the other ones, which makes Shiryu's situation kind of pointless because he has the freaking Seventh Sense!!!

As for the fight, it was cool enough and the side commentary from Aquila and Lionet was fun at times. Kouga pulling a determinator and awakening his element was nice.

But Seiya won his Dragon vs Pegasus fight.

Come on new guy, use the Ryu Sei Ken already!!! If you're a Pegasus you must at least do that much!

The entire 'Kouga has trouble using cosmo/tapping into his element' stuff is just not interesting. The kid was training for years and he is acknowledge as having a large cosmo when he actually uses it. It seems like such a fake way of making things difficult for him.

Kamen Rider Spirits:

Badass Entrance is Badass.

New chapter of Freezing is out and wow.

Chiffon Fairchild is just...... on another level.

I expected her be stronger and faster than everybody else with a crazy technique on top of all of that but this.

She doesn't even have to try dodging or blocking, she just stands there and let weapons break off of her body. I mean.... every pandora until this point has had to do something to defend herself when attacked, but Fairchild can literally just do nothing and not get cut on sheer durability alone. Crazy.
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 04-25-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJLuffy View Post
    EDIT: (Unrelated but I have a question)

I just recently also re-read Death Note, I enjoyed it more this time around, probably because I'm older... although it really isn't a super complicated mature series. After I catch up to Naruto I plan on re-reading Bleach and One Piece, then I plan jumping onto some new material. Can you guys recommend me some stuff? It can be manga or graphic novels from any country as long as it is translated into English.
    Wel, depends on your tastes. For shounen/fighting genre, The Breaker is a pretty good manhwa. Same with Veritas. Beelzebub is a funny action/comedy manga, and Magi is a solid fantasy tittle.

There is also Ratman, a nice superhero manga.

By the author of Death Note there is Bakuman, which is a manga about two kids who want to be mangaka. Hope this helps.

Vanguard!! Asia Circuit 3

I see that Aichi can show some of his hilariously condescending self sometimes. He doesn't even bother to tell Morikawa that he's not invited.
    I mean, even Kai at least usually acknowledge that Morikawa exists with an insulting remark. Aichi just completely ignores him.
    It's nice that they show his character development in small stuff like him being able to insist to get what he wants even when others disagree.

Dammit, Aichi! Why did you have to go out of your way to convince Kamui to come? This was a big chance to leave him out of the season!

And I am not getting the big excitement about Limit Break. Sure, it's nice because it doesn't cost anything, but compared to Majesty Lord Blaster, Dragonic Overlord The End and Phantom Blaster Overlord, it's more of a step down.

Finally, lol at Gouki. "You didn't beat the national champion! You're not on our team until you train more!". I mean, I know he was just giving Kamui an excuse, but it's still laughable.

Looks like they're going by to the Psy shop next episode. I do wonder if Aichi's Psyqualia is eventually going to come back given the events on Cray.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Dammit, Aichi! Why did you have to go out of your way to convince Kamui to come? This was a big chance to leave him out of the season!
    Because....

Kamui once...

There was this one time that...

Okay, I got nothing. It's not like he is bad or anything, but he is kind of the most unnecessary and least interesting member of the team.

Because....

Kamui once...

There was this one time that...

Okay, I got nothing. It's not like he is bad or anything, but he is kind of the most unnecessary and least interesting member of the team.
    Well...

I suppose, if one were really looking for a good reason, that Aichi didn't really have any other alternatives.

I mean, Kai decided to be his usual impossibly awkward in social situations self and said he didn't want to be on Aichi's team.
    Ren was probably invited, being second-best and all, and wasn't exactly on superfriendly terms with Aichi at the end of the last season. So he'll probably join with his own team.

So, Aichi is kind of short on good players that he knows personally and can easily contact. Finding other members wouldn't be a problem (I mean, what, they're going to say no to teaming up with the national champion for the biggest event in the world?) but that's not the same as finding good teammates. And I guess he needs a backup in case he or Misaki lose a match.

But yeah, I still would have asked the shopkeeper - or the members of Team Caesar if they didn't have their own invitations - before asking Kamui.

Also, if Kyou manages to enter the Circuit with a new Team Revenge, he will officially be Vanguard's Team Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Well...

I suppose, if one were really looking for a good reason, that Aichi didn't really have any other alternatives.

I mean, Kai decided to be his usual impossibly awkward in social situations self and said he didn't want to be on Aichi's team.
    Ren was probably invited, being second-best and all, and wasn't exactly on superfriendly terms with Aichi at the end of the last season. So he'll probably join with his own team.

So, Aichi is kind of short on good players that he knows personally and can easily contact. Finding other members wouldn't be a problem (I mean, what, they're going to say no to teaming up with the national champion for the biggest event in the world?) but that's not the same as finding good teammates.
    True. I mean he could probably try to contact other top players from the national championship, but Aichi would probably prefer going into this with someone who is already a trusted teammate.

Though I question the decision of devoting an entire episode to recruiting Kamui.

True. I mean he could probably try to contact other top players from the national championship, but Aichi would probably prefer going into this with someone who is already a trusted teammate.

Though I question the decision of devoting an entire episode to recruiting Kamui.
    Well, next episode features the PSY shop, so we can expect several minutes of exposition. Presumably, they just couldn't think of anything else to put in-between.

Also, it reflects the first season. (At the start of the first, Aichi beats Kai and then loses to Kamui. Here, he loses to Kai and beats Kamui.)

Meanwhile in Id, thing's look badly. And that despite Percer being his usual moronic self.

They sure are strong but i have hard time taking six fragments seriously when half of them couldn't reason their way out of child's riddle.
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pong View Post
    Meanwhile in Id, thing's look badly. And that despite Percer being his usual moronic self.

They sure are strong but i have hard time taking six fragments seriously when half of them couldn't reason their way out of child's riddle.
    As was pointed out a few times by Chaos and Id, a lot of their problems come from the fact that they're ultimately just a bunch of random, if very powerful, folks with clashing personalities that all happen to hate God. They don't work well together - and some of them don't work well at all.

I mean, just look at how they fight. The latest two that we saw fighting were using the amazing strategy of "Tank everything and spam explosions until it dies", to the point that Cania wiped out her own army pretty much by accident. I mean, Mercio's "secret technique" was to make a bigger explosion.
    The only one who showed any kind of real skill was Percer and he's lazy as hell. (Though not quite as lazy as Id when it comes to fighting seriously.)

So basically; yes, they act pretty dumb. Because they are.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Yay, another group took over Needless scans after pew pew shut down!

The way the Loli Aruka clones hold hands while releasing fireballs of doom was strangely cute.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

It's that time of the year again. Y'all need to recommend me something to watch.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

I seems that there were volumes of Garouden translated after vol. 13. This pleases me greatly.