View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 103 of 381 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 5704
    the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

new holyland out.

they went after mai. and now................the thug hunter is pissed! here comes the pain!
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    *blinks* On her own, she's pretty darn impressive and taking on Kamatari (who was one of the stronger members of the Juppongatana)with help from Misao is nothing to sneeze at. And comparing her to borderline superhuman martial artists who are older and far more experienced (what with a majority of them being war veterans) than she is hardly being fair to her.
    Kamatari? Please, he's a wimp.

Besides, that bald bad guy from the first episode was not a borderline martial artist and he pwned her.
    Show me a bitter nazi and I'll show you a sour kraut.

Check out my gallery at :http://r-gonz.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Since Ghost talked about it a lot, I watched Guilty Crown.

Pretty good. With some really, really beautiful moments.

But damn, not only do they explain nothing, but the last sequence of the last episode is some truly magnificient trolling.

spoilers:
    *End -30 seconds*
    Happy moment as everyone is still alive, evil plot is foiled, main character runs toward love interest.
    *End -20 seconds*
    Unnamed mysterious character shows up, kidnap love interest, murders Gai, mocks main character, vanishes with love interest, evil plot restarts and works.
    *END*
    end of spoilers
    Me: o_O
    A few more observations, having just seen the episode in question:

spoilers:
    1) Gai might very well still be alive.
    2) In all fairness, the mysterious unnamed villain have shown up in earlier episodes, usually to drop cryptic remarks. Looks like she (?) will be the main antagonist from here on, what with having the same power as Shu.
    end of spoilers

Also, I'm really wondering what the bad guys actually want to achieve with all this.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post

Besides, that bald bad guy from the first episode was not a borderline martial artist and he pwned her.
    Kamatari was grinding up the ground around him with the power of his scythe. While he was probably only middle tier for the Juppongatana (none of the ones in that assault were supposed to be stronger than Chou, and no way was Kamatari stronger than Fuji; he was probably better than the guy Yahiko beat, considering that he went down in one shot to Kaoru's student). OTOH, once you take out Fuji's handler and Yumi, that leaves Kamatari as stronger than probably only the shotgun guy and the bomb guy, which is respectable but not as impressive as being the 5th strongest of a 10 person group.

The problem with Kaoru was that, even though by all rights she should be way above Yahiko story-wise (and even after the epilogue she's still teaching him her style) she spent most of the time doing nothing but manning the fort and letting Yahiko go after some of the most dangerous people in the world for no apparent reason. At least during the Enishi arc she was incapacitated for parts of it, but there's no logical reason for her to stay behind and make dinner/draw baths while Yahiko helped invade an arms dealer's mansion about a week after he started working under her (at least the anime fixed that idiocy) or have him fight off against a professional metahuman assassin by himself in order to defend the man she is in love with. At least with the bomb guy Yahiko was the only one that was light enough to reach him with that trick, though I don't know why Misao couldn't have just hit him with a Kunai or something..
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Honestly, this just confirms that Sano knows nothing about fighters.
    Dude was told by the rival of the best fighter that he'd ever met that he needs to work on his defense. His reaction was to accidentally find a completely musclebound monk (that he didn't realize could fight at first, IIRC) and learn how to double up on his offense.

At the end of the manga, when fighting a bullet timer that was beating the tar out of him and had a style focused entirely on defensive gear, the only reason that Sano won was because the moron was stupid enough to let Sano goad him into taking a Futae no Kiwami without easily dodging him again. And a few days later, when facing someone else that was blitzing him, his reaction was to take all of that and go on the offensive.

While I like Sano, dude is lucky his entire body is as hard as his head, cause he has absolutely no judgement when it comes to combat.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Somehow I have my doubts, I'm sorry to say.
    Show me a bitter nazi and I'll show you a sour kraut.

Check out my gallery at :http://r-gonz.deviantart.com/

I mean, Enishi actually carried around a cape/coat thing so that he could dramatically toss it away when the fight started.

That alone should have told them that he was a good fighter.
    Rereading that fight, it's kinda funny how Sano just keeps talking out of his ass.

Sano: No worries. This guy isn't a real fighter, he's just bluffing.

Kaoru: Um, looks like he's actually pretty good. He's fighting evenly with Kenshin now.

Sano: Meh. So he has some skills? Unless he's better then Shishio, it's not like he can beat Kenshin. This guy doesn't even have any special techniques.

Enishi: You fight well, Kenshin! I'll have to bring forth my special techniques!

Megumi: Holy shit, this guy is awesome! Look, he's even daring Kenshin to use his ougi!

Sano: So what? Kenshin's ougi is invincible! There is no way this poser can counter it.

Kaoru: What if he has an equivalent technique of his own?

Sano: As if!

Kenshin: BLARGH!

Sano: What the hell? Why didn't Kenshin win?

Saito: Because you are an idiot.

Sano: That doesn't even make sense.

Saito: I stand by my previous statement.
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

I mean, Enishi actually carried around a cape/coat thing so that he could dramatically toss it away when the fight started.

That alone should have told them that he was a good fighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Dude was told by the rival of the best fighter that he'd ever met that he needs to work on his defense. His reaction was to accidentally find a completely musclebound monk (that he didn't realize could fight at first, IIRC) and learn how to double up on his offense.

At the end of the manga, when fighting a bullet timer that was beating the tar out of him and had a style focused entirely on defensive gear, the only reason that Sano won was because the moron was stupid enough to let Sano goad him into taking a Futae no Kiwami without easily dodging him again. And a few days later, when facing someone else that was blitzing him, his reaction was to take all of that and go on the offensive.

While I like Sano, dude is lucky his entire body is as hard as his head, cause he has absolutely no judgement when it comes to combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Rereading that fight, it's kinda funny how Sano just keeps talking out of his ass.

Sano: No worries. This guy isn't a real fighter, he's just bluffing.

Kaoru: Um, looks like he's actually pretty good. He's fighting evenly with Kenshin now.

Sano: Meh. So he has some skills? Unless he's better then Shishio, it's not like he can beat Kenshin. This guy doesn't even have any special techniques.

Enishi: You fight well, Kenshin! I'll have to bring forth my special techniques!

Megumi: Holy shit, this guy is awesome! Look, he's even daring Kenshin to use his ougi!

Sano: So what? Kenshin's ougi is invincible! There is no way this poser can counter it.

Kaoru: What if he has an equivalent technique of his own?

Sano: As if!

Kenshin: BLARGH!

Sano: What the hell? Why didn't Kenshin win?

Saito: Because you are an idiot.

Sano: That doesn't even make sense.

Saito: I stand by my previous statement.
    In Sano's defense..... it's hard not to be confident in Kenshin's power. He's.... legendary, even among other legends.

Although....the fact that Enishi knew Kenshin from the past should have given him some pause.
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 12-26-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post

Because he was practicing swordmanship longer than she was(since you seem to be going by the anime) and had greater muscular physique and dexterity, which stands by my point that she has only ever lost to people older and more experienced in combat than herself.

And I'd point how Kamatari wasn't a wimp, but DK already beat me to it.

Leorio, you are still in the running!!!

Everyone must have really wanted to punch Ging...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I spent the last couple of days looking through the Ao no Excorcist anime.

It kicks a lot of ass. I recommend it.
    I'm mixed on Ao no Excorcist. It's good, but it has noticable flaws.

I will say, the 1st ending theme Take Off by 2PM is full of awesome.

Don't know if anyone talked about it in here. I'm watching Steins;Gate.

Hearing from a lot of people, it sounds like this is the anime of the year. Best coming out of 2011. I'll see about that.

Saw the first 2 episodes. It has an interesting plot. But it can be slow and bore you in spots. I'm not giving up though. I'll continue on and finish it. If I come to like anything I get out of it, I'll join the bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by KnockBlock View Post
    I'm mixed on Ao no Excorcist. It's good, but it has noticable flaws.
    Really? I can't say I noticed any out-right flaws, myself, other then it somehow being not quite as good as my other favourites for reasons I can't quite define. I figured it was pretty good, just that I have other shows I happen like better.

What didn't you like about it?
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Posted in the correct section this time:

Horizon is over!

For now.

The final battle was awesome. Horizon had a flashback. We got to see her emotions. We even got a beam war, and the little party the heroes had after the battle was nice too.

That and Masazumi finally in a girl's uniform.

Then Baseball!!! Spanish Baseball War!!!

And though it didn't happen in this episode Muneshige going "I am going to shoot your only ship down, so even if you win this battle you will have no way of retreating, and our reinforcements will just beat you. You might want to start evacuating the ship now" was something I enjoyed immensely.

And the Pope. The guy was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    new holyland out.

they went after mai. and now................the thug hunter is pissed! here comes the pain!
    Oh dear.

I always knew this was going to happen.... eventually.

I wanna see some ownage!