View Poll Results: Poll closed

Voters
0. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • closed

0 0%
  • closed

0 0%
Page 10 of 382 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Started reading Tiji-Kun! Rather interesting manga I have to say. Liking it so far.
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

Caught up on The Breaker and New Waves.

spoilers:
    Shiho ;_; The death flags were too many.
    end of spoilers
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

Apparently there was a wikipedia editing war regarding whether or not Kishimoto Masashi's live or dead to the point the management had to lock it. I saw some of it, and they were getting downright beligerent about it.

Think about that for a moment.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

This earthquake has particularly struck everyone in my anime club, because we'd just watched Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 just last semester, an anime about this exact thing happening.

It was a horrendous tear-jerker as it was.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

New Medaka Box is out.

Shiranui once again proves that she's the coolest character in the entire series.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

two new chapters of sket dance.

the insanity of the school trip continues.

and we might finally get the root of the whole bossun/himeko relationship.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    New Medaka Box is out.

Shiranui once again proves that she's the coolest character in the entire series.
    Y'know, I can't help but notice that if Kumagawa carried around weapons that could actually hurt people, he'd have won instantly. Again.

Though, I guess he would consider a win like that meaningless.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Y'know, I can't help but notice that if Kumagawa carried around weapons that could actually hurt people, he'd have won instantly. Again.

Though, I guess he would consider a win like that meaningless.
    Don't see why. She's Medaka, aka God Mode Girl.

Just trying to fight her means that you're at a disadvantage simply because of who she is.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

So, I picked up a new series today. It's only on 17 chapters so far but it's a lot of fun.

Samurai High School is about a pair of twins, Sakakido Tsukiko and Sakakido Kou, respectively a super-strong mannish girl and an effeminate shy boy, and if you've got two brain cells you can already see where this series is going.

They attend the prestigious Samurai High School because Tsukiko wishes to become the Supreme Commander of their world, which is like a comedic sci-fi world with aliens and Samurai as the two main social groups. Whoever becomes president of the school will become the Supreme Commander and only the strongest student will gain that prize.

The only problem is that only boys are judged by merit of their strength, girls are judged by merit of their feminine qualities; cooking, cleaning, sewing, etc. So the twins switch places to gain entrance to the school, not realising once they succeed that if they are caught they and their families will be sent to the Slave Camps on the Moon for 500 years.

And that's your premise!

It reads very like Ranma1/2, it's very funny and has a lot of the kind of comedy you'd expect from a manga whose premise is built on copious cross dressing. There's martial arts, aliens, split personality moon-princess rabbit girls, models, perverted cross-dressing nurses and an emerging love... hexagon... I think... that is sure to keep the rom-com alive for many chapters to come.

So yeah, if you want something funny and heart-warming, check out Samurai High School now!
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

I picked up Akaboshi manga based on Water Margin On of Four Great Classical Novels. It's about group of chivalrous thieves who fight with china's corrupted government. The main character mission is to assemble 108 comrades to defeat the army.

Really good. I'll write more detailed review later this week.
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    So, I picked up a new series today. It's only on 17 chapters so far but it's a lot of fun.

Samurai High School is about a pair of twins, Sakakido Tsukiko and Sakakido Kou, respectively a super-strong mannish girl and an effeminate shy boy, and if you've got two brain cells you can already see where this series is going.

They attend the prestigious Samurai High School because Tsukiko wishes to become the Supreme Commander of their world, which is like a comedic sci-fi world with aliens and Samurai as the two main social groups. Whoever becomes president of the school will become the Supreme Commander and only the strongest student will gain that prize.

The only problem is that only boys are judged by merit of their strength, girls are judged by merit of their feminine qualities; cooking, cleaning, sewing, etc. So the twins switch places to gain entrance to the school, not realising once they succeed that if they are caught they and their families will be sent to the Slave Camps on the Moon for 500 years.

And that's your premise!

It reads very like Ranma1/2, it's very funny and has a lot of the kind of comedy you'd expect from a manga whose premise is built on copious cross dressing. There's martial arts, aliens, split personality moon-princess rabbit girls, models, perverted cross-dressing nurses and an emerging love... hexagon... I think... that is sure to keep the rom-com alive for many chapters to come.

So yeah, if you want something funny and heart-warming, check out Samurai High School now!
    Eh, it's all right, but it's kinda starting to grate on my nerves since it seems that Tsukiko is the only main character while Kou was demoted to a minor character whose only job is to cheer on Tsukiko.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Eh, it's all right, but it's kinda starting to grate on my nerves since it seems that Tsukiko is the only main character while Kou was demoted to a minor character whose only job is to cheer on Tsukiko.
    Eh, balance has been a little off for the last few chapters, but it's early days yet. Kou had a much more pivotal role in the most recent chapter though.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Don't see why. She's Medaka, aka God Mode Girl.

Just trying to fight her means that you're at a disadvantage simply because of who she is.
    She made a major mistake though. She made the only way to lose accepting your loss...against a guy who has done nothing except losing for his entire life, and hasn't given up.

Also, according to some spoilers, Kumagawa's original ability is spoilers:
    to bring the opponent to his level, or something like that.
    end of spoilers
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Has the Pokemon anime ever stated that Ashes' mother dropped him on his head repeatedly as a baby? Or that being petrified during the first movie caused some form of irrepairable mental damage?

Cause really, Ash has a serious memory problem, seeing as he seems to forget ALL his knowledge and experience as a Pokemon trainer every time he starts a new region in the anime. Not to mention just getting rid of his strong pokemon because... well, just because.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Has the Pokemon anime ever stated that Ashes' mother dropped him on his head repeatedly as a baby? Or that being petrified during the first movie caused some form of irrepairable mental damage?

Cause really, Ash has a serious memory problem, seeing as he seems to forget ALL his knowledge and experience as a Pokemon trainer every time he starts a new region in the anime. Not to mention just getting rid of his strong pokemon because... well, just because.
    That's done mainly for plot reasons. Although it does make Ash look bad.

The writers have to come up with ways to keep Ash from getting strong pokemon early on. It was a major weakness in Johto, where they had to upgrade the first gym leader or else he would have gotten stomped by Ash.

Then they took all his strong pokemon little by little. Even then they handled that badly and Ash had to fall back on his Kanto pokemon for the last gym and the league.