Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ah, fair enough.

You may have noticed Tonči Zonjić has done the cover for the upcoming Lobster Johnson one-shot, The Prayer of Neferu. Well, it won't be the only one:

I can't say how happy we are with Tonči's work here. And we are just as happy to have him continuing on covers for the next run of Lobster Johnson. More news on that...

We already know that before The Lobster returns for another big miniseries there will be a few shorter stories first, probably a trade's worth, and I'm guessing they'll all sport covers by Tonči Zonjić, much like the three stories in Abe Sapien: The Devil Does Not Jest and Other Stories all had covers by Dave Johnson. It's a nice way to make them feel like part of a set. Anyway, Scott Allie says we'll hear more on that. Let's hope the news isn't too far off.
    Last edited by Middenway; 05-15-2012 at 06:31 PM.

BANNED

too bad he's not drawing the series as regular artist. I wish the spin off character books had consistent art teams.

He's not doing the short stories, but he's back for the next big miniseries (Well, John Arcudi wants him back for the next one, and Tonči Zonjić said he's gonna be back for more on Twitter, but nothing official has been said). He's too busy with other stuff to take on Lobster Johnson full time. But I totally agree. It's much nicer to have the same artist on a series.

Default The Devil's Engine #3

Regarding a 1946-1948 omnibus:
    We are working on 1948 as we speak, actually, but we don't know at this time what the ultimate collection format will be, just that there will be a paperback after the miniseries concludes.

Default Lobster Johnson: Caput Mortuum

This letter was written in about Daimio and Daryl (spoilers for The Long Death follow):
    Hi,

You wrote in the B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: Exorcism #1 letter column that we have seen the last of Daimio. So whose soul inhabits the wendigo now? I don't think Ben gave up his life or his fight; he gave up on conquering the curse of the jaguar in his body. So he forced the very peaceful wendigo into a fight, knowing that it would kill him. And having died, Daimio's soul would replace the soul of Daryl, the previous victim of the wendigo, at the helm of the wendigo's body.

So now Daimio is, in a way, more powerful than ever before, and his curse died with his old body. He can't kill anything with a soul―or he's out―but then again, I don't know if a lot of the monsters he fights have real souls. If not, the B.P.R.D. now has someone who is unstoppable enough to take out an Ogdru Hem. And that might come in handy with hellboy and Liz having gone missing.

Yours,
    Mattias
    Sweden

Your metaphysics are right on, Mattias. We shall see what develops...
    So, in a word, awesome.
    Last edited by Middenway; 09-19-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Wow... that is awesome.

Sidney Leach Defender rubberchickenben's Avatar

I want to see the wendigo body in a BPRD vest and armour. With goggles. Please Ben, come back.
    Last edited by rubberchickenben; 09-26-2012 at 05:57 AM. Reason: terpo

Delieting post
    Last edited by schaferba; 09-26-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberchickenben View Post
    I want to see the wendigo body in a BPRD vest and armour. With goggles.
    Seconded!!

Default 1948 #4

Thought you guys might be interested in this...
    With the shift to an ongoing series the series is now limited to a single issue per month, so how will [the side stories] fit in now without feeling like the main story is being put on hold?

Scott Allie: Last week James and Mike and I teamed up for the first of a two parter—one of those “side stories.” When Cameron is ready to come back for more Agent Strode, we’ll figure out how it falls in line—the current plan is to do them in the regular numbering, interrupting John’s run. Don’t expect supersized issues. It might be interesting to go biweekly. What do you think about that?
    So... what do you think about that?
    Last edited by Middenway; 01-15-2013 at 10:11 PM.

I don't know. I don't see why we can't have side stories and the monthly/core titles as happened last summer with, say, Devil's Engine and so-on with Pickens, Exorcism, etc.

They ran into problems with that. The numbering was confusing people.

#88. Hell on Earth: The Long Death #2
    #89. Hell on Earth: The Pickens County Horror #1
    #90. Hell on Earth: The Long Death #3
    #91. Hell on Earth: The Pickens County Horror #2

Alternating on issue numbers is not something they want to repeat, especially now that the series numbering is on the front cover.

I also think (and this is only my opinion. I've nothing to back this up) they're trying to avoid treating certain stories being passed off as "side stories". I think they want them all to be considered core titles, especially since The Abyss of Time is a story that's going to have big ramifications in the overall story.

Plus it'd be only a fortnight between issues. I could get used to that...
    Last edited by Middenway; 01-16-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Fortnight is such a cool word. I'm in!

Giving me more BPRD is like giving a kid more candy to get in the van... No wait! That's terrible! Forget I said that. Just give me more BPRD, forget the van. I'm in. No, not in the van. I'm in for more BPRD. I obviously need more BPRD.

There's B.P.R.D. in the van...