Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    Dude, that story was awesome.
    Thanks, I like it too!
    And really, it must 've come to me from a sudden jolt of inspiration, jumpstarted through just the existing situation, like what we were talking about .
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Mignolaverse calendar guy imrandy85's Avatar

As long as these backup stories would be collected around the same time as the main stories I'd be for it. I still haven't been able to read the Wild Hunt backups because I bought the trade, can we get those thrown in to something? I had hoped it would be in the Bride of Hell and Others but no such luck.
    Calendar for all upcoming Mike Mignola releases. ICAL link

see 'about me' for XML and HTML links

Scott Allie said somewhere (god, don't make me find it) that these stories will be collected, but not in any of the current trade titles. There is a long-term plan in place. So, you'll really have to wait for them, but you will get them... eventually... and it could be a really long eventually. I suspect that of all the Mignolaverse stories these two will probably have the longest wait between the original release date to when they're collected.

Default New Hellmail

Some minor Hellboy news from the Hellmail of The Fury #2 and Monsters #1.

On whether there may be a story set in the Hyperborean era possibly about Shonchin Scott Allie said: "There are various ideas for Hyperborean stories, but for now we have our hands full in the present day."

Scott Allie also talks about Hellboy possibly shifting to a monthly release schedule one day: "I could see that happening with Hellboy—a story coming up that needs a long monthly run—but we'd also need the right artist for it. And right now that is not the direction Hellboy is going..."
    Make of that what you will. I guess while Mike Mignola is returning to art duties for the main Hellboy comics for now, that may not always be the case hereafter.

On the topic of Guy Davis returning to the comic Scott Allie said: "Guy Davis will be back for something down the road, I'm sure, but we don't have anything nailed down at the moment."

He also wrote about the possibility of Christopher Golden writing for the Hellboy Universe again: "We wouldn't adapt any of the novels to comics, but we have talked about having Chris revisit some of the characters from the books."

And there's some Lobster Johnson rumblings too: "There is a new Lobster series in the works (The Burning Hand), but it's a ways off. We plan to do more Lobster books once we get this series rolling. We love the character."
    Cool.

Scott Allie even wrote about the end of Hellboy/BPRD: "The Hellboy books are doing great, and while there is an end to all this, it's a ways off. Besides, we have a public service to provide..."

Only a little news from the hellmail of BPRD: Monsters #2:
    You will be seeing more of the late forties and early fifties world of the Bureau before too long. It's on the schedule... just a ways down the schedule.
    We already know BPRD: 1948 comes out next year, but I'll be interested to see in what form the fifties are explored in. Also, there's a brief mention of more Kevin Nowlan:
    We've started talking to (Kevin Nowlan) about another contribution to the Mignola books, so hopefully we'll put that together soon.
    That should be pretty cool.
    Last edited by Middenway; 08-10-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Default Russia #2

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Allie
    James (Harren) will be doing a few guest issues of B.P.R.D. early next year...
    So beyond Tyler Crook doing the main plotline for B.P.R.D. we've also got Jason Latour and James Harren doing side stories.

Default The Devil Does Not Jest #2

In the months to come, we have more Lobster Johnson launching, James Harren jumping in on the regular B.P.R.D. series with The Long Death, and the phenomenal Jason Latour coming in for a very scary B.P.R.D. side project, as we explore the full extent of Hell on Earth.
    What? WHAT!? ...I think that's all I can really say at this point.
    Last edited by Middenway; 10-26-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Allie
    James (Harren) will be doing a few guest issues of B.P.R.D. early next year...
    Right, I should pay more attention. Silly me.

Default The Long Death #1

Hellmail updates for The Long Death #1:
    We're very excited to have James Harren back on board. His work has improved by leaps and bounds since [The Devil Does Not Jest], and every time we get new pages from him we're just blown away. I hope you love these three issues, and rest assured we'll be bringing James back again after this story.
    More James Harren, that's good.
    Get caught up on Baltimore fast, as we have new short stories coming soon from the regular team, beginning with Dr. Leskovar's Remedy in June.
    All good news for Baltimore.
    [Richard] Corben is not working on any more [Hellboy in Mexico] stories, but he has been extremely busy [with other projects unrelated to Hellboy].
    Hopefully he comes back to Hellboy some time soon.

I'm looking forward to Corben's Ragemoor book, even if it means less Corben-Hellboy for the time being.

Default The Burning Hand #3

A nice little note from Scott Allie:
    Tonči is doing amazing work on this title, though, isn't he? We're all pretty much speechless every time pages come in from him. Look for more work from him on our excellent line of titles...
    Hell yes.

Default The Pickens County Horror #1

Good news indeed!
    For all the interwoven tales of the B.P.R.D. characters, and some of the other pieces to emerge this year and next, the only way we can do it the way we want to do it, with the sense of urgency we want to maintain, is by carefully managing the schedules of a team of artists. So while Tyler [Crook] will remain the busiest guy on the team, you'll see more from Jason Latour, Max Fiumara, and James Harren, the return of Peter Snejbjerg, and some new faces we'll be introducing in the next year.
    All that sounds pretty cool to me

Default The Pickens County Horror #2

No real news, just this little item about the status of the OGNs possibly being collected as trades at a later point:
    No current plans to collect it elsewhere. I saw a lot of speculation about that on the Hellboy message board on CBR, but right now we're happy to keep it in print in hardcover. It looks good on shelf next to the trade paperbacks.
    So maybe we'll have to wait for the library edition before we finally get the sketchbook section and Mike Mignola's story notes. Oh well.
    Last edited by Middenway; 04-25-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    No real news, just this little item about the status of the OGNs possibly being collected as trades at a later point:
    No current plans to collect it elsewhere. I saw a lot of speculation about that on the Hellboy message board on CBR, but right now we're happy to keep it in print in hardcover. It looks good on shelf next to the trade paperbacks.
    So maybe we'll have to wait for the library edition before we finally get the sketchbook section and Mike Mignola's story notes. Oh well.
    Is that about Hellboy & the Living Dead or something?

House of the Living Dead, The Midnight Circus and any future OGNs.