Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Joe Mad Elektra is slick.

And Happy New Year... Elektralytes!
    (Geddit? Electrolytes. Elektra. Lytes. Elektralytes? Ah, slay me)

Elektralytes. It's what plants crave.

Where is that preview from Tsai? Looks fantastic, though I see that it is regular Spider-Man rather than Superior. The story must take place in the past or non continuity.
    ELEKTRA*LADY MASTERMIND*DAREDEVIL*ARIEL

I don't have the original link. Someone in the IAM thread posted it, apparently it is part of some images Whacker recently posted to tease stuff coming in 2013.

I've just checked Wacker's Twitter and the pic is from there along with the other preview images.

Ah, I suppose that would make sense. I honestly never bothered looking for the source!

I am just glad we're getting a tad bit more from the project, even if it is coming at practically a trickle. When is the next big con/event that Marvel will be at? Maybe we'll get more then.

I love Joe Mad's stuff. Spidey and Elektra in one book drawn by Joe Mad? It can't get anymore awesome.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Been re-reading Frank Miller's DD for the first time since...forever. Elektra hard as a mothafucka. In that issue where Tsai's avatar comes from, she straight up chucks a dude through a window, and the end of the issue she offs two pretty innocent bodyguards! I mean, they work for the Kingpin so screw them, but damn, girl.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Been re-reading Frank Miller's DD for the first time since...forever. Elektra hard as a mothafucka. In that issue where Tsai's avatar comes from, she straight up chucks a dude through a window, and the end of the issue she offs two pretty innocent bodyguards! I mean, they work for the Kingpin so screw them, but damn, girl.
    I know, I love Miller's Elektra. A stone-cold killer who is completely capable and uninhibited.

The full panel from my avatar is one of my favorite panels featuring Elektra.

Quote Originally Posted by Test of Strength View Post
    That one is fantastic!

Who are the top artists you feel drew her best?
    All time best is Bill Sienkiewicz
    Dark, atmospheric artists like Alex Maleev (below) seem to capture Elektra with the right mix of deadly and sensual without going overboard on the latter.

I enjoyed Clay Mann's barefoot badass killer too. Also props to any artist that can make a dark haired martial artist NOT look Asian.

I'd love to see more of Jae Lee's work on the character.

"You're pretty good. But me...I'm magic."

Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    The Elektra movies on soon, did anyone here like it?
    Its a slightly below average action movie. It's watchable, but then again, I like watching bad movies to try to see ways they could have gone right instead of wrong.

The story and direction do a disservice to the source material and to Jennifer Garner's capability to portray the character, which is as in her range as Selina Kyle was for Anne Hathaway.
    The movie seems to mix in aspects reminiscent of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the once in a generation Treasure, even the annoying younger version of the main character seems very Buffy/Dawn) generic superhero movies (producers demanded that Elektra have explicit super-powers) and even Wonder Woman (a weapon that screams "magic lasso", to me) to bland result.

A more true to the character film would be more like something from Luc Besson sub genre ("Le Femme Nikita", "The Professional", "Columbiana") or even the idea of "Jack Reacher". I'd be more interested in an adaptation of the character by a much more visually distinct director as well. I squint thru the Kurt Wimmer directed Mill Jovovich movie "Ultraviolet" and tell myself its an Elektra flick.
    http://youtu.be/_OT1gcO2urM

The character is admittedly a difficult beast to portray cinematically as a "super-hero" since she's essentially a unrepentant killer who's most alluring when you DON'T know what going on inside her head. A movie with Elektra as a protagonist is probably a difficult pill for mainstream Hollywood to swallow having an unsympathetic female lead character in a hoped for blockbuster.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-01-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Its a slightly below average action movie. It's watchable, but then again, I like watching bad movies to try to see ways they could have gone right instead of wrong.

The story and direction do a disservice to the source material and to Jennifer Garner's capability to portray the character, which is as in her range as Selina Kyle was for Anne Hathaway.
    The movie seems to mix in aspects reminiscent of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the once in a generation Treasure, even the annoying younger version of the main character seems very Buffy/Dawn) generic superhero movies (producers demanded that Elektra have explicit super-powers) and even Wonder Woman (a weapon that screams "magic lasso", to me) to bland result.

A more true to the character film would be more like something from Luc Besson sub genre ("Le Femme Nikita", "The Professional", "Columbiana") or even the idea of "Jack Reacher". I'd be more interested in an adaptation of the character by a much more visually distinct director as well. I squint thru the Kurt Wimmer directed Mill Jovovich movie "Ultraviolet" and tell myself its an Elektra flick.
    http://youtu.be/_OT1gcO2urM

The character is admittedly a difficult beast to portray cinematically as a "super-hero" since she's essentially a unrepentant killer who's most alluring when you DON'T know what going on inside her head. A movie with Elektra as a protagonist is probably a difficult pill for mainstream Hollywood to swallow having an unsympathetic female lead character in a hoped for blockbuster.

I think this is the biggest reason that Elektra isn't more popular or hasn't been able to find incredible success in other formats: the people at the top keep wanting to portray Elektra as a 'HERO' while keeping her as a killer for hire. She's not a villain, but she's not Captain America either. It's one reason I am glad that put her on a team, and a team like Thunderbolts. She can do good things, but without being forced into a more saintly role than she should be occupying.

I think if the film producers and what not had just kept with what makes her a good character and embraced the film as almost an independent film, we would have gotten a much better product. As it is we did get a very nicely filmed movie that made excellent use of color, footage angles, etc....so I just tell myself we got an amateur independent attempt anyway lol.

And I absolutely would love to see a Besson-esque attempt at Elektra. As for my non-Elektra movie that I think could be an Elektra movie: SALT, in a world where she was/is a CIA agent. If Angelina could put more meat on her bones I'd like to see her take on Elektra.

Barring that, I'd seriously like to see Gina Carano play her; she may not be classically beautiful, but that woman is capable of incredible, brutal stunts. Anyone who hasn't should see Haywire.

Well I like this development. It's about time she got over Matt Murdock.

I don't know what to think! I wish there was an article or interview to go along with it to maybe give it some context!