Page 302 of 394 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 5910

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    With game wrapping up, I have two topics of discussion to propose.

1) What'd you think of the role structure used this game? Worth revisiting again?

2) What game comes next? I don't recall us reaching a definitive decision there.
    1) The structure was fun; too bad so many players didn't get a chance to do their things.

2) What are the proposals for the next game?
    Last edited by Anodyne; 04-18-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    Beverly Allen--The Bee, with honey and stinger

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

You're just saying that because you won.
    Might have had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    2) What are the proposals for the next game?
    For the moment only mine.

Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of the Chaos Warriors

Plot – The Lord of Chaos Shuma Gorath wishes to further his dominion over the multiverse and has managed to breech the veil between the Marvel Universe and of the nearby universes mainly the place designated as CAP-COM. Shuma Gorath would send his agents to conquer and fuse these worlds into his own dominion. However this breech to another universe would not be without consequences and the cracks would open wider even sending people from one plane into another.

In the Makai kingdom, Jedah Doma would too notice these strange anomalies. Realizing he could use these new worlds as fuel to expand the dominion of Makai he would venture forth to investigate. His first jump would leave him right in the middle of an invasion by Shuma Gorath’s minions, which didn’t sit well with him at all…after a grueling battle with Gorath’s agents, Jedah would decree a ceasefire and issue out a challenge in the form of a Traitor Game with all the Earths of CAP-COM in stake as well as the Marvel Universe. And so summons would be sent forth to the worlds and duo’s would form…who would come the universe rescue?

Character requirements – A players must play a duo of a Marvel and a Capcom character. Any media/ alternative universes allowed for the Marvel crew.
    Capcom would also include licensed games, which includes a number of Disney properties, Alien vs Predator, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure etc
    I'll see if I can get a revised plot synopsis up later today.
    Last edited by Jeremi; 04-30-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Come to think of it, being the Maverick does seem like the most fun role in this game.
    As Adam pointed out in-thread, I think the Maverick is the most dangerous person in the game, and if ever used in that way again, he/she will once more be #1 on my hit list.

Not a slight against you Joe, so I hope you don't take it that way. I do think it should probably either be used in the traditional Traitor/Traitor/Vigilante switch fashion, or else working ostensibly on the side of the good guys, because having someone who is solely out for their own win, gets to kill with impunity each round makes it more dangerous than the Traitors (who kill each round as well, but work collectively). Eliminating the Maverick (only one person) as soon as possible cuts down the danger to everyone else in the game (whereas it takes three tries to get the Traitors).

On another note, sorry to have dropped out so suddenly this week. Had a groin pull and/or kidney stone issue crop up (painful), and two unsuccessful attempts to see a preview screening of Avengers (first time they wouldn't let my friend in for being too old, the second time the movie turned out to be not the Avengers after all but GI Joe: Retaliation. Meh.)

Will try and get caught up tonight/this weekend!
    Last edited by Cthulhudrew; 04-20-2012 at 06:02 PM.

This is bad comedy. Schornforce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    As Adam pointed out in-thread, I think the Maverick is the most dangerous person in the game, and if ever used in that way again, he/she will once more be #1 on my hit list.

Not a slight against you Joe, so I hope you don't take it that way. I do think it should probably either be used in the traditional Traitor/Traitor/Vigilante switch fashion, or else working ostensibly on the side of the good guys, because having someone who is solely out for their own win, gets to kill with impunity each round makes it more dangerous than the Traitors (who kill each round as well, but work collectively). Eliminating the Maverick (only one person) as soon as possible cuts down the danger to everyone else in the game (whereas it takes three tries to get the Traitors).

On another note, sorry to have dropped out so suddenly this week. Had a groin pull and/or kidney stone issue crop up (painful), and two unsuccessful attempts to see a preview screening of Avengers (first time they wouldn't let my friend in for being too old, the second time the movie turned out to be not the Avengers after all but GI Joe: Retaliation. Meh.)

Will try and get caught up tonight/this weekend!
    Oh, now your facebook post makes more sense... :( Sorry, Cthulhudrew. Hope you feel better soon! And they wouldn't let your friend in for being too old?! That's messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Not a slight against you Joe, so I hope you don't take it that way.
    Oh, no, I didn't take at as such at all.

I do think it should probably either be used in the traditional Traitor/Traitor/Vigilante switch fashion, or else working ostensibly on the side of the good guys, because having someone who is solely out for their own win, gets to kill with impunity each round makes it more dangerous than the Traitors (who kill each round as well, but work collectively). Eliminating the Maverick (only one person) as soon as possible cuts down the danger to everyone else in the game (whereas it takes three tries to get the Traitors).
    Well, the Maverick is essentially the Vigilante this game, you're right. In my records, I'll color it the same. It's also how more or less how I introduced the Vigilante way back in Game III. Two key differences were that he was eliminated early and, as you suggested, was more or less on the side of the angels. The goal was to remove the Traitors, not secure individual victory. Still, it does make the game harder for everyone involved, and quickens the pace a bit. I did try to balance the killing with three Priests and the two protective kill roles (The Enchanted and the Good Samaritan), which I think worked to a certain extent.

I don't necessarily agree that the Maverick is more dangerous than the Traitors, but it does make sense to try to remove them first. It is easier to find and remove a solo killer than three and does cut down on kills faster. I never faulted that strategy for a second.

However, where you ran wrong was when you had Adam present the argument that the only way the Maverick could win is by taking at least one Traitor to the end with him and killing him at the last moment--essentially trying to work in tandem with the Traitors so that they survive as long as possible, and then stabbing them in the back at the end. If all three Traitors had been eliminated, the game would've continued until you found the Maverick as well. I know we've done that once before with the Vigilante, but can't ever remember what game it was.

Get better soon!

However, where you ran wrong was when you had Adam present the argument that the only way the Maverick could win is by taking at least one Traitor to the end with him and killing him at the last moment--essentially trying to work in tandem with the Traitors so that they survive as long as possible, and then stabbing them in the back at the end. If all three Traitors had been eliminated, the game would've continued until you found the Maverick as well.
    That is a point I was actually going to try and clarify here, if possible, because otherwise there would be only a very few narrow possibilities for the Maverick to win (which doesn't give a lot of motive). It makes more sense this way, I agree.

I still think he's the first person that should be targeted, if only to slow the attrition rate.

If anyone's interested, I did more t-shirt designs for http://welovefine.com-- this time, the subjects are My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Scott Pilgrim. So, there's *sorta* some TG ties... :D

If anyone wants to vote, just go the the website, register (if you haven't already), go to 'contests' and then vote on the appropriate ones. If you don't wanna, that's fine. I don't wanna be a bother, just thought some of you might be interested. Sorry I haven't been on much. I'll try and play in one of the upcoming games, but still haven't found work, so things are kinda bleh. The next one's Marvel/Capcom?

Anyhow, here's four of the My Little Pony ones. Voting's open for four more days.

Huh. I thought the limit for pics was 4 per post... now it's three? Weird.

Two more MLP ones. I especially think/hope Jeremi will enjoy these-- btw, now that I have the hub, I've seen nearly every episode and am now a 'brony' I guess. :P Loved the 'Royal Wedding' episode!

Here's the Scott Pilgrim entries... they have less to do with the TG than the MLP ones, I guess, as I only played Scott and Ramona... and none of the other characters have been used in the TG that I remember. Hope you like these, anyhow. Voting for the Scott Pilgrim entries is open 'till May 1st.

Last edited by Schornforce; 04-21-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Last post. If ya'll see this as spamming the thread, I'll delete these. But am hoping ya'll don't mind... :D What's the upcoming games list after the Marvel/Capcom (or whatever's next) one?

1) What'd you think of the role structure used this game? Worth revisiting again?
    Joe, I enjoyed the original game, but I'm having a problem with the battle against Kulan Gath. I've been acting as if my character's actions could actually help defeat Gath. I realize my own character has limited powers, but neither has anyone else's character had much success. What's going on?

1. You have a particular solution in mind for defeating Kulan Gath, and you're waiting to see if any player will figure it out. That would at least give us players some hope of success, some hope of achieving something against Gath.
    or
    2. You've already decided how the battle will end, and you won't let anyone else's efforts make a difference. Either your characters will save the day, or you've chosen whose characters will. In that case, why should I keep playing, if nothing I do will matter?
    or
    3. You're hoping one of us will come up with our own clever solution, which will then get your approval.

Do we have a real chance of affecting the outcome, or are we merely going through the motions to a predetermined conclusion? The first part of the game was fair; every player had a chance to win. Is this still true for the aftermath? Joe, Please give me a reason to believe the fight against Kulan Gath isn't rigged, and every character's effort counts, even if only a little.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 04-22-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    Beverly Allen--The Bee, with honey and stinger

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Joe, I enjoyed the original game, but I'm having a problem with the battle against Kulan Gath. I've been acting as if my character's actions could actually help defeat to Gath. I realize my own character has limited powers, but neither has anyone else's character had much success. What's going on?

1. You have a particular solution in mind for defeating Kulan Gath, and you're waiting to see if any player will figure it out. That would at least give us players some hope of success, some hope of achieving something against Gath.
    or
    2. You've already decided how the battle will end, and you won't let anyone else's efforts make a difference. Either your characters will save the day, or you've chosen whose characters will. In that case, why should I keep playing, if nothing I do will matter?
    or
    3. You're hoping one of us will come up with our own clever solution, which will then get your approval.

Do we have a real chance of affecting the outcome, or are we merely going through the motions to a predetermined conclusion? The first part of the game was fair; every player had a chance to win. Is this still true for the aftermath? Joe, Please give me a reason to believe the fight against Kulan Gath isn't rigged, and every character's effort counts, even if only a little.
    I don't know about Joe Acro, but back in Traitor Game XXIV: A Traitor's Life for Me, I tried to give the players plenty of input in the final battle against the Kraken. Their efforts would at least help soften up the Kraken for the final blows. Deadpooligan's Aquaman, in particular, came up with a VERY clever idea which proved to be a big turning point in the Kraken battle. Superheroic's Mercer Drake also contributed, and the others (Don Karnage, Ryoko, and a few more) also helped soften up the Kraken. In the end, the Kraken went down due to a combination of relentless counter-attacks (but of course, we're talking about a gigantic squid monster that drags ships down to Davy Jones' Locker -- of course our heroes aren't going to show it any mercy).

As for this case, I suppose it's up to Joe Acro. I'm not sure what's going on myself. Though Batgirl basically knows she's out of her league -- she's more comfortable dealing with Batvillains than powerful evil sorcerers like Kulan Gath. Still, she's at least trying to help as best she can. Even if all she can is throw smoke bombs and grenades and stuff.

Joe, I enjoyed the original game, but I'm having a problem with the battle against Kulan Gath. I've been acting as if my character's actions could actually help defeat to Gath. I realize my own character has limited powers, but neither has anyone else's character had much success. What's going on?

or
    or

I appreciate the feedback, Anodyne, and understand your concerns. I probably should've explained better when it started.

I can assure you the fight is not rigged. The ending isn't even written exactly. There's one thing that has to happen, but I don't know for sure how we get there.

So, in truth, it's a bit of all three.

1) I want clever, fun things you guys come up with during the fight. Not necessarily just for defeating Kulan Gath, but also for defeating any crazy magical things in the area or assisting someone else. But ideas for defeating Gath are addressed.

2) Some things that happen in the thread do ultimately play a role in how things go. For example, Holocaust zapping lifeforce from the symbiote will be important after Phoenix strikes.

3) People can send me situations--such as a character's one-on-one encounter with Gath--that I approve and include.

It'll be over by Monday, so feel free to ask any more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Schornforce View Post
    Huh. I thought the limit for pics was 4 per post... now it's three? Weird.

Two more MLP ones. I especially think/hope Jeremi will enjoy these-- btw, now that I have the hub, I've seen nearly every episode and am now a 'brony' I guess. :P Loved the 'Royal Wedding' episode!
    I do! Very enjoyable!

But no Derpy cameo in the group shot?

I am disappoint.

And I need to catch up to the show again. Only on episode 18 at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Schornforce View Post
    Last post. If ya'll see this as spamming the thread, I'll delete these. But am hoping ya'll don't mind... :D What's the upcoming games list after the Marvel/Capcom (or whatever's next) one?
    Only one we have after the next one is the War of the Exiles TG. After that we'd probably need to pitch some new ones.
    Last edited by Jeremi; 04-21-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I do! Very enjoyable!

But no Derpy cameo in the group shot?

I am disappoint.

And I need to catch up to the show again. Only on episode 18 at the moment.

Only one we have after the next one is the War of the Exiles TG. After that we'd probably need to pitch some new ones.
    I didn't discover Derpy until after I did the Mare Do Well one(s). For that one, I made up the background ponies.

Derpy *does* appear on the coat of arms, though.

My favorite episodes of the season were 'MMMystery on the Friendship Express' and the royal wedding episodes. I enjoyed a bunch of them, though.

Cool beans about the games. Gotta ponder choices...