Page 205 of 395 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 5923
    There is a land called Passive-Agressiva, and I am their Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by vycesyn View Post
    I thought it was a fine job myself. She was just as much as she tends to act in the cartoons and the comics both. I didn't see too much overt flirtatious actions. I mean the nakedness was pretty much par for the course in a beach setting!
    Good God, you're an asskisser, seriously.

And come on ... the way Starfire constantly teased people (near nakedness, nakedness) you don't consider that a form of flirting?

Though whether she was flirting or not a debate I want to get into because doing so would be silly. And if I wanted silly debates, I'd head over to the Wonder Woman board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-cT58rgNc

Other than this: Joe, you did play her true to character and acknowledge the fact that fanservice was certainly a factor behind Stafire's creation (and continuation).

It was nice to see, especially in light of what was shown in Red Hood and The Outlaws ...

And yes, someone had to bring that up!
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you - Pharoahe Monch

Certi amori non finiscono. Fanno dei giri immensi, e poi ritornano ~

You've brought back Stephanie Brown. Now please bring back Helena Bertinelli!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    It occurs to me that we never really honored or celebrated the 5-year anniversary of the games. They started in September of 2006, after all.

In honor of such an occasion (even though it's a month late), I was thinking we could do discuss fond memories, favorites, and maybe things we'd like to see again or more of.

On top of that, inspired by the recent Top 100 Marvel/DC list Comics Should Be Good provided and the current Top 50 Avengers vote, I was thinking we could do a "Top 20 Best Performances" and "Top 5 Best Games" with the same format.

What say you?
    You have my complete support.

Quote Originally Posted by tangentman View Post
    I think that a "Greatest Hits" list would be very fun! My only concern is that many of the players who helped build up the games aren't with us any more--or rarely so--such as Superheroic, Donald M., and Go Go Yubari. I think the votes would miss something without the "old school vets".
    It's an unfortunate casualty of time, but I think there's enough vets left to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post
    It was nice to see, especially in light of what was shown in Red Hood and The Outlaws ...

And yes, someone had to bring that up!
    ...and speaking of unfortunate casualties...

The DCnu has been rather polarizing. The good is really good, the bad is really bad, and there's just a slew of mediocre books thrown into the mix.

At least Etrigan, OMAC, and Resurrection Man have solid books again.

And the Wonder Woman I have waited my entire life for.
    Deadpooligan's Traitor Game Characters!

Deadpooligan did it better. ~ StoneGold, Post 10374071

Good God, you're an asskisser, seriously.

And come on ... the way Starfire constantly teased people (near nakedness, nakedness) you don't consider that a form of flirting?
    It's what I do best! Let me survive all those years I got it kicked instead! That is until you know I learned a bit of swordplay and how to use a few firearms..but that's another story

Oh sure I can debate how it wasn't teasing and just a ruse but nah..you are correct it would be just plan silly!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    The DCnu has been rather polarizing. The good is really good, the bad is really bad, and there's just a slew of mediocre books thrown into the mix.

Agreed for the most part. Well at least what I've been able to get my hands on. Still have mixed feelings over the Blackhawks though. They were this awesome slew of pilots that actually made me want to read more stories of aerial combat unlike most characters of that ilk. Well maybe I'd throw Stringfellow Hawke there but hey you didn't watch AirWolf for the characters....well I didn't.

Now they are some sort of black ops team? Not saying such a thing is bad but I don't know. Just feels too washed over and rewritten for my taste..which is mediocre at best and prone to nostalgic stuff as most know.
    "Try to Remember. It's Only a Game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Indeed. I tend to avoid using even caricatures of real people in the Traitor Games. And using real celebrities in a dark torture scenario is just asking for trouble. So I'm afraid I'm going to have to say 'no' to this scenario.
    I think caricatures are usable if the person using them is respectful of the person they are portraying. The Groucho Marx thing I did was as researched as I possibly could before I tried him and his siblings and I have the utmost respect for the late great witty man that he was.

That's basically the same point there true enough. Reality mixed with such a dark scenario could bring down trouble on everyone involved that probably could have been avoided. Again not suggesting one's own tastes is bad or good or anything; everyone has their own general likes and dislikes of things. It's just that this mixture I think could have a potential to become too volatile to be even spin doctored to avoid said trouble. My opinion though only.

There is a land called Passive-Agressiva, and I am their Queen.

Oh sure I can debate how it wasn't teasing and just a ruse but nah..you are correct it would be just plan silly!
    Dude, my character acknowledged (in a way) that it was a ruse :P

(Are we seriously having this discussion?!)

Agreed for the most part. Well at least what I've been able to get my hands on. Still have mixed feelings over the Blackhawks though. They were this awesome slew of pilots that actually made me want to read more stories of aerial combat unlike most characters of that ilk. Well maybe I'd throw Stringfellow Hawke there but hey you didn't watch AirWolf for the characters....well I didn't.

Now they are some sort of black ops team? Not saying such a thing is bad but I don't know. Just feels too washed over and rewritten for my taste..which is mediocre at best and prone to nostalgic stuff as most know.
    Of the number 1s' I've read, so far I've liked:

Voodoo
    Batwing
    Action Comics
    Resurrection Man
    Animal Man
    Static Shock
    - Well, the first issue at least.

And ... Wonder Woman despite her fans.

I just stopped by my LCS yesterday and FINALLY got my issues of Batwoman and Justice League Dark I had on hold, so I'll let you know how it goes later.

And I should issue a caveat and say that I expect a declension in quality for the titles, especially Batwing.

Because well ... it's Winnick.

So for the meanwhile, I'm just going to enjoy it while I can.

And I'll enjoy the minority characters around for the time being before they get chopped up, depowered, and sent into oblivion.

So optimistic.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you - Pharoahe Monch

Certi amori non finiscono. Fanno dei giri immensi, e poi ritornano ~

You've brought back Stephanie Brown. Now please bring back Helena Bertinelli!

Dude, my character acknowledged (in a way) that it was a ruse :P

(Are we seriously having this discussion?!)
    We are not having any discussion. What discussion? I will deny everything and you should too!

Because it will be just plain silly!

I just stopped by my LCS yesterday and FINALLY got my issues of Batwoman and Justice League Dark I had on hold, so I'll let you know how it goes later.
    This in particular I would like to hear your opinion on considering the cast of characters within.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    You have my complete support.
    And my axe!

It's an unfortunate casualty of time, but I think there's enough vets left to make it work.
    As with fine wine, I only get better with age!

I'd possibly add Frankenstein to that list as well.

So good.

Straight up Henching, yo The Purple Skull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I'd possibly add Frankenstein to that list as well.
    Action Comics was really the only the book that knocked it out of the park for me. Probably because Year Zero Superman was pretty much Superdick.
    Keep Calm & Hail HYDRA
    A.I.M. At Me Bro

The Traitor Game: Restless In Rapture

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    As with fine wine, I only get better with age!
    And here I thought it was just because you're cheesy.

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

Other than this: Joe, you did play her true to character and acknowledge the fact that fanservice was certainly a factor behind Stafire's creation (and continuation).
    I assumed he was referencing that. Well done there.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    Action Comics was really the only the book that knocked it out of the park for me. Probably because Year Zero Superman was pretty much Superdick.
    I've been enjoying AC as well, and Batwing's been pretty fun as well. But man...am I the only one who want to see Spidra and Traktir (of Batman Inc fame) to show up again? Going by the last time they showed up I was hoping for them to be part of Batwing's supporting cast...

Also for the banished/killed in the game...

Don't. Blink.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    And here I thought it was just because you're cheesy.
    I've been wondering what that smell was about...

I don't know why I bother making posts in-character if some of you guys are going to just skip over them and not read them.
    One of the problems with the board is that the thread tends to swallow things up and everyone's rushing over to God-knows-how-many-pages-the-thread-leaped.

I suggested moving to a board where posts are far easier to read.

The enemy's gate is down Akibahara's Avatar

Not saying the idea is wrong or right, I'm not judgmental or try not to be, just pointing out what sort of issues can come about in such a scenario so that you might be aware of them if you have not considered them already of course.
    Yeah, I have, Vycesyn. And thanks for paying close attention to my TT plot, it's good to have someone like that!
    Akiba's Traitor Game Stable

Currently Reading: Crossed: Family Values, Crossed: Psychopath, World War Z, Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

Quote Originally Posted by Akibahara View Post
    Yeah, I have, Vycesyn. And thanks for paying close attention to my TT plot, it's good to have someone like that!
    You are quite welcome. It's not a scenario I would try to write myself, as while I am not immune to liking horror movies, I am sort of a classical viewer. I've seen the Saw movies more due to the household watching then my own particular choosing but then again I can't blame the same for watching the Elm Street franchise back when I was younger.

Again everyone has their own style and flavor of things. There will always be things disliked and even hated. It's just the matter of trying not to push people the wrong way or crossing lines or striking at people's particular pet peeves whether intentionally or accidentally.Then there are just topics one should not touch at all. Far too many to list I think but even those can be different from person to person as well in some cases.

She wasn't deliberately teasing people, though. Or at least I didn't intend her to be.

Though whether she was flirting or not a debate I want to get into because doing so would be silly.
    Fair enough.

It's a delicate balance between having an interesting personality and flaunting her stuff. Oddly, in R.E.B.E.L.S. Bedard ended up with a weird alternative where she was boring.