Page 3 of 395 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al View Post
    Apparently. This might turn into a fun project - I might put together an Essential White Rabbit volume!
    You better listen to Jefferson Airplane while doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akibahara View Post
    Ach! Sorry, I forgot to mention it at endgame, but whats everyone's opinion on The Agitator role?

One simply wonders, why not co-host instead.
    Deadpooligan's Traitor Game Characters!

Deadpooligan did it better. ~ StoneGold, Post 10374071

Straight up Henching, yo The Purple Skull's Avatar

Ach! Sorry, I forgot to mention it at endgame, but whats everyone's opinion on The Agitator role?
    I mentioned it in the previous DT, but I guess I'll say it again here. The overuse of the Agitator role really soured my opinion on it. It came to the point where it was just not necessary. With us having to deal with the agitator each round, I felt it detracted us from two of the most basic elements of the Traitor Game--finding the traitors and developing the characters through interaction. If those become secondary, then there wouldn't be any calling it a Traitor Game.

With that in mind, I think the Agitator role can work if done in small doses. Maybe have it done every 3-4 rounds. It would keep the role fresh and bring a sense of surprise in the game. The Agitator role would also serve better if it was done by the host or someone not playing the actual game.

Another suggestion would be to use the Agitator for the eliminated players as it would give them something to do. Back in Traitor Game XXV, I had the eliminated players face off against Nightmare's forces in a Gauntlet style format where each round, the eliminated would face off against a new set of enemies. In this way, the Agitator can be used without having the main part of the game forgotten.

So I wouldn't say we should do away with the Agitator role. Just find a more refined way to utilize it.
    Keep Calm & Hail HYDRA
    A.I.M. At Me Bro

The Traitor Game: Restless In Rapture

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    One simply wonders, why not co-host instead.
    BTW, I'm using my Founder Status~! to break the character requirement for TALEDOK and use a different team for that game.

Who am I using? Check the current avatar.

Just kidding
    Keep Calm & Hail HYDRA
    A.I.M. At Me Bro

Although my character has been decided, I don't want to ruin everything so I'll simply give a hint for now.

Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

Traitor Games XXII: Jackie Dio (Marvel)

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    Sign ups are on now. You can PM Deadpooligan your character choice. Also he posted this in the previous DT:
    So we can only pick from the last role? Cos most of those are filled. Or do we pick any, and get chosen randomly?
    Last edited by mailedbypostman1; 03-01-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

Obviously, I didn't play in the Zombocalypse game as planned (Bruce Campbell will have to wait for another day, alas, and doggoneit), so I can't comment on how/what purpose the Agitator role served in this particular game, I will say that as a concept, I don't think it really is needed, and hasn't ever been necessary before.

That said, I think it should probably fall upon individual Hosts to determine if they want or need an Agitator for their particular game, and let them designate the role if so.

And, on that note, it's time for another Traitor History (sans the really cool select screen images of my fellow players):

Cthulhudrew's Traitor Game History:

XII: Warduke (with Nightmare) (Dungeons & Dragons cartoon/LJN Toy)
    XIII: Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
    XIV: Milkman Dan (Red Meat comic strip)
    XV: DI Sam Tyler and DCI Gene Hunt (Life On Mars)
    XVI: Corwin of Amber (Roger Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber)
    XVII: Marvin the Paranoid Android (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
    XVIII: Leonard Shelby (Memento)
    XX: Quantum and Woody (Quantum and Woody comic)
    XXI: Dr. Jackman (BBC's Jekyll, alongside hamboy's Hyde)
    XXII: Kelso and Fez (That 70's Show)
    XXIII: Ares, God of Love/War (Hercules/Xena)
    XXIV: Hugh Jackman as the Pirate King (Pirates of Penzance/Wolverine/Etc.)
    XXV: Baron Helmut Zemo (Marvel)
    XXVI: Count Repugsive (Nodwick)
    XXVII: Nightmare (Marvel, Co-Host)
    XXVIII: Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones) and Henry Stanley Ross
    XXIX: Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)
    XXX: Michael Westen (Burn Notice)
    XXI: Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell) and Rick Jones (Marvel)
    XXII (sign-up thread only): Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead, Burn Notice, etc.)
    Deadly Reunion: The Lone Gunmen (The X-Files)
    Under the Sea: Elijah Snow (Planetary)
    Traitor Tales - Escape from Star City: Deadshot (Secret Six)

Traitor Tales - T.A.L.E.D.O.K. - The Fixer (Thunderbolts)
    Last edited by Cthulhudrew; 08-11-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mailedbypostman1 View Post
    So we can only pick from the last role? Cos most of those are filled. Or do we pick any, and get chosen randomly?
    I think those are just titles for those who have already signed up or otherwise predetermined. I wouldn't be surprised if "The Inside Man" isn't the NPC that dies.

Regardless, go ahead and pick a Marvel villain, and afterward 'pool will give it some fancy title.

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

hm, Marvel villains...
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

Whiz Kids Vs. Witchcraft! tangentman's Avatar

NO!

The saner version: the role really confused the game. I found your fight scenes excessive, over-the-top, and distracting. It just dragged on and made the game a chore at points.

1-3 Boss Battles. No more. That should always be sufficient to keep the game pumping.
    Who needs CoTM when you can have a Skullie?

I am Tangent Man! I do not care!

Another suggestion would be to use the Agitator for the eliminated players as it would give them something to do. Back in Traitor Game XXV, I had the eliminated players face off against Nightmare's forces in a Gauntlet style format where each round, the eliminated would face off against a new set of enemies. In this way, the Agitator can be used without having the main part of the game forgotten.

So I wouldn't say we should do away with the Agitator role. Just find a more refined way to utilize it.
    I agree. Agitator may be good for the dead and banished that want some fight action, definitely not in the main game. And I say this as a host that tends to throw a lot at you guys in my games (Asgard comes to mind).

Otherwise, as Tangentman said, 1 to 3 battles for the main players works, and that should include an endgame fight if the story calls for it.

This is bad comedy. Schornforce's Avatar

Even though I had to drop out for different reasons, the agitator role left me in absolutely no desire to try and get back in. Especially since there were relentless fight scenes *already.* I say 'no way' to the Agitator.

However, I could see it working if,

A) there is a set limit of agitator duties-- i.e. *they* set up the ONE boss battle for active players, and/or the banished and killed subplot.

B) they do something similar to what I did in XIV and divide up who fights and who doesn't, so that way it's not a drawn out battle followed by another and yet another.

C) Perhaps it would be something akin to the 'minigames' we've had in the past. A weekly diversion with prizes and a SINGLE boss battle that could emerge from said games.

These could be a sort of co-host thing in that they have a VERY simple and short sub-plot that can be worked out with the host, but they still start out as a player who becomes one of the first banished and/or killed.

Still, I think the role has too many possible flaws outweighing the virtues...

Who am I using? Check the current avatar.
    I still maintain Conan's a fine character and could be fun to play straight in a game. I may not play him, but someday I hope to play someone from his 'universe.'

He, Elektra, and Kid Chimera should form an evil axis against all things Traitor Game which would of course ironically become a game!

Whiz Kids Vs. Witchcraft! tangentman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schornforce View Post
    He, Elektra, and Kid Chimera should form an evil axis against all things Traitor Game which would of course ironically become a game!
    Hmm. Maybe Al & I could take turns writing "Elektra", you & Purps could alternate Jimmy/Conan/Whoever, and DP could do the honors for KC?

Yes, Purps, I noticed your avatar and was suitably amused.
    Who needs CoTM when you can have a Skullie?

I am Tangent Man! I do not care!

Quote Originally Posted by Schornforce View Post
    See now you're just spoiling subplots in the next Traitor Game Awards show!
    Keep Calm & Hail HYDRA
    A.I.M. At Me Bro