That it is.
'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."
Inglorious Basterds was excellent and it had a great cast. An A-Lister in Brad Pitt and a who's who of European talent. Including DAT FASS!
Im not dissing this new film, i havent seen it i was talking IB, his other recent films. He had more character actors in his early films. Keitel,Tim Roth etc
The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk
Tarantino has great character actors in all his films. He'll have one or two big names, then the rest of the cast is filled with just great actors, regardless of fame. Anyway, the first two official pictures...
If it's done like a true spaghetti western then all the dialogue should be dubbed in post. Which would allow a cast of international actors, since their voices would be dubbed in English for the North American version--and other languages for other countries. But I wonder if Tarantino would dare to do that. It would be an interesting stylistic move, but audiences might get upset by the out of sync dialogue.
My Austrian friends tell me that Cristoph Waltz was even better in the German-language version of Inglourious Basterds.
Having that movie in one language seems like an incredibly stupid idea.
Some reactions to the Django Unchained 7 minute Cannes preview.
- From our pals at Twitch: DJANGO gets the most whoops. Plenty of blood, plenty of laughs. Looks like it will be the Cristophe Waltz show.
- indieWIRE's own Anne Thompson had this to say: Weinstein show & tell in #cannes of footage from the master, silver linings play book and Django unchained wowed media crowd. All tricky!
- From Rope Of Silicon: Most intrigued by The Master footage, Django Unchained ext. trailer seemed safe but solid & Silver Linings seemed rather pedestrian.
- From The Film Stage: Django Unchained looks f'n badass...7 minute trailer ending with Jamie Foxx shooting his pistol to James Brown 'Payback'
- And lastly from Movie City News: Just saw trailer for DJANGO "the D is silent" UNCHAINED. Mind successfully blown.
Total Film: 8 things we now know about QT's 'Southern'
Last edited by Simbob4000; 05-21-2012 at 05:24 PM.
trailer is here.
Highlight is Franco Nero asking Jamie Foxx what his name is, LOL!
I'm not generally a fan of QT (and thought his last attempt at an SW stunk (Kill Bill series), but I really enjoyed Inglorious Basterds and it looks like I'll like this too. Christoph Waltz and Franco Nero in the same movie? Yes, please. Shame Kurt Russell bailed. :(
Waiting for Moon Knight's return in March 2014 and Ollie's goatee...eventually.
"It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck