Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Nighthawk

It took me a while to warm up to the Supreme Power crew, and then it really cooled off when Stracynski left. I did really dig Nighthawk though.

More pontificating here: Nighthawk – 28 Days of Black Super Heroes – Day 8

Default Mr. Terrific

I never cared much for Mr. Terrific, consequently I never learned more than the initial little I read.

I had some requests to add him to my series so I read up on him some more. I had to give the guy a bit more respect, I guess.

Anyway my full write-up is here:

Mr. Terrific – 28 Days of Black Super Heroes – Day 9

Default Blade

I only had a few issues of 'Tomb of Dracula' and some other one-off issues that featured Blade, but I did like the character when he showed up.

I was also a fan of the Snipes movies and I loved the Spike TV version, too (damn I wish they wouldn't have cancelled that).

More in my full write-up here:
    Blade – 28 Days of Black Super Heroes – Day 10

Default Brother Voodoo

I really enjoyed the recent "Doctor Voodoo" stuff. It's a shame it couldn't keep going. I'm looking forward to Jericho's return, hopefully soon.

More in my write-up over here: Brother Voodoo – 28 days of Black Super Heroes – Day 11

Default Bishop

As much as I didn't really like Bishop, I still didn't like the way he went out...

More here: Bishop – 28 days of Black Super Heroes – Day 12

Default Triathlon

From what I read, I guess this guy became the new 3D-Man? Hrrm...

Anyway this is another character I didn't really like but I got requests for him, so in he went.

More details over here: Triathlon – 28 days of Black Super Heroes – Day 13

Here's a Nova piece I did in 3D, using Blender and Daz Studio:

There's bigger versions of this one and some other Nova 3D stuff I did at my site here:

http://hypertransitory.com/blog/2012...n-called-nova/

And here's yet another Nova Helmet I made in 3D:

Now that there's a new Nova costume I'll have to model the new helmet.

Good to see you posting here, John! The figure work on Nova looks exceptional! The helmet is a bit off, but that's likely just due to the buckety-nature of the thing. The Sam Alexander Nova wears a headpiece that's considerably more streamlined.

Thanks, Neil! It's good to be back lol.

Yes I was hoping no one would notice that helmet but you can never get over on comics fans :)

It's always tough modeling something in 3D that doesn't actually exist. When I plunked the helmet onto my figure I realized it didn't fit as well as I'd hoped. Being too lazy to adjust the model I just ran with it.

Although now with the new (ish) rendering engine in Blender I'm going to be doing some more Nova images, so it's a good time to get that helmet right!

Here's a Cyclops I made in 3D. I haven't been able to stand this character for the last several years, but I wanted to model his visor so off I went...

...and I also made one in black, but I couldn't decide which one I liked better. I think the red.

Looks good mate .Keep it up
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light