View Poll Results: your favourite Bruce Lee film

Voters
23. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • The Big Boss

1 4.35%
  • Fist of Fury

3 13.04%
  • Way of the Dragon

2 8.70%
  • Enter the Dragon

17 73.91%
  • Game of Death

0 0%
  • Game of Death II

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Your Imaginary Pal View Post
    Chinese Connection. How'd you miss that?
    From the list, Fist of Fury.
    The difficulty is that the films had different names in the U.S. Stelok's poll uses the English language names from markets other than the U.S., so you may be unfamiliar with them. Fist of Fury is the non-U.S. name for The Chinese Connections, while Fists of Fury is the U.S. name for The Big Boss. It's very messy.

My favorite is Enter the Dragon. It has better production values and dialogue than the others.

But Way of the Dragon (Return of the Dragon in the U.S.) has one of my favorite speeches:
    "There's a saying . . . thugs . . . are safest at home. This is their home . . . where we are now. We're all foreigners here."
    "I don't care if they have definite connections to the boy scouts. They have Weapon X - I want him back. We spent a lot of money and resources developing and training him - not to mention your group as well - I won't see it thrown away."
    - Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, April 1979

Unfortunately, Wolverine escaped to the U.S. with the X-Men. Soon after this stunning debacle, Trudeau's Liberal Party would go down to defeat in the May 1979 election.

Of all the ones on the list except Enter the Dragon (still haven't seen that one), I probably liked Way of the Dragon best. It's just fun to see him play the sort of "Chinese country boy" who's somehow whilier than everyone else. The two Game of Death movies were okay, but not great. The Big Boss was too bloody for my tastes and I didn't care for his character in Fist of Fury. I felt like his character was practically as much of a thug and bully as the people he was fighting in that one. I know it isn't common to judge kung fu movies based on stuff like "character", but I tend to be a bit unorthodox with this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by spoon_jenkins View Post
    The difficulty is that the films had different names in the U.S. Stelok's poll uses the English language names from markets other than the U.S., so you may be unfamiliar with them. Fist of Fury is the non-U.S. name for The Chinese Connections, while Fists of Fury is the U.S. name for The Big Boss. It's very messy.
    Yes, that is what I meant by Fist of Fury. "Chinese Connection", following the popularity of the film "French Connection", was chosen as a U.S. title for "Fist of Fury".
    A N I M E

Quote Originally Posted by spoon_jenkins View Post
    My favorite is Enter the Dragon. It has better production values and dialogue than the others.
    Yeah, but take the fight scenes out, and it's pretty terrible too. Really, the plot is a mess. Combine Roper and Williams into one character, and that gets rid of part of the problem. Really, did Roper serve a purpose at all, other than squeezing in a heroic white guy? And then you had the 40 different motivation points for Lee. Han killed his sister. He betrayed the Shaolin temple. He's an international baddie. He killed Williams. It's like they took every kung fu plot and shoved them together into one. Really, as a storytelling device, the movie is a mess.

Just in terms of telling a story that makes any kind of sense, I think maybe Fist of Fury is the best of his films.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Bruce Lee was born on this date in 1940.
    Man, that guy still kicks ass! One of the coolest, baddest dudes to ever walk the earth.

Fist of Fury, with Enter a very close second.

I think I'll be spending my night watching Brucey do his thing.

I still can't believe Bruce Lee would take this lousy cameo role in this movie Marlowe, even though he may have been desperate for decent work salary

A N I M E