Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Tooth?

I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noh-varr View Post
    It did look like she had the "sickness" but Wendy seemed around the same age she is currently when she was taken away, so her mother could still be around. I'm not expecting her mom to have anything else in the storyline, but I wouldn't be too shocked if she did make another appearance. Would be quite interested in that in fact.

As for the newest issue, while the new character seems quite nice and offers some form of safety, I just can't help but feel on edge about the guy. Maybe it's because there have been betrayals on nearly every level in this book, maybe it's just because a trusting guy is usually a villain in such works, but something doesn't sit right.

I did enjoy Jepperd and Gus' interactions, Gus isn't going to give his trust anytime soon but there does seem to still be some remnants of what they use to have there. I also liked the art showing Bobby asleep underground, it's scenes like that and the use of a thought bubble to show a flashback really show off the originality of Lemire when it comes to art choices.
    I agree with you on trusting this guy. I think this new character(Can't believe I forgot his name) might as well be involved with this Project Evergreen that he was talking about.

I thought it was funny as hell that johnny thought he was some sort of beaver all this time.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

Wow. Loved the latest issue from Sweet Tooth.

Lemire totally pulled me back in. I was losing interest in the story and the characters, but the growing Evergreen mystery has my complete interest.

Really excited about the books future.

I met Jeff Lemire at a local comic show yesterday. Super nice guy. Younger than I'd expected. I also got to see some original Sweet Tooth art, which was very cool but a bit out of my price range.

Lemire has a talent for keeping things simple. Some may find his cerebral approach to storytelling to be too slow for their liking, but I really dig it. Check out the ESSEX COUNTY trilogy to see Lemire's slow burn style at its best. SWEET TOOTH has been an awesome read since issue #1. I can read it in monthly installments and easily keep track of what's going on because it's not weighed down by too much story (as is often the case in most monthly comics these days).

Quote Originally Posted by CHEEZE View Post
    I agree with you on trusting this guy. I think this new character(Can't believe I forgot his name) might as well be involved with this Project Evergreen that he was talking about.
    I keep thinking this dude is a rapist or something. I'm just waiting for something big to go down. But @ the same time, I wouldn't think that he would get some much time in this book so far if he was simply a rapist. His involvement with Project Evergreen seems much more likely. Either that or he's part of of Haggerty's scavengers.

^ Skib, I know what you means. I keep thinking the guy just going to flip and try and rape someone or happerty's scavengers are going to appear along side him.

Sweet tooth always a soild read for me. I always end up feeling a little emotional after every issue.

Has Lemire said how long the series will go? Somebody on Bleedingcool mentioned 27 issues. Any confirmation one way or the other?
    "I figure the right thing starts at the beginning of the day, not after you've been caught." - John Crichton (Farscape)

Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Has Lemire said how long the series will go? Somebody on Bleedingcool mentioned 27 issues. Any confirmation one way or the other?
    I don't believe that he's said anything recently. I love this series, with his upcoming work load, I can't imagine it lasting much longer.

^Correction... I was going through some of his FB posts and he said:

No worries y'all Sweet Tooth is very safe come September. But Jepperd is joining the Birds of Prey

Not comics, it's Vertigo. noh-varr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    I think Lemire said it would be somewhere in 30 to 40 issues, I can't recall where I exactly read it. I know it was never intended to be a super long series. I do hope that upon completion he does another Vertigo project, I like his super hero stuff and all, but his own work is so much better and I would miss seeing his art.
    Noh-Varr Reviews: The Silence of Our Friends by Mark Long, Jim Demonakos, and Nate Powell.

I think more time is spent discussing the anticipated end date of Sweet Tooth than the series itself.
    Print buying: Vertigo and other "mainstream alternative" fare. Digital buying: classic DC, current Image, Boom!, Monkeybrain, etc.

Just read the latest issue yesterday.

Love the new camps added to the mix. Really gives off a LOST vibe.

Anybody have any thoughts and/or predictions?

Also, I thought he's said he has a 30-40 issue range but that it can be lengthened if things go well to add some more depth.

I remember him saying based on the titles success, he can end it at one point or keep it going to another.

I still love this series. Green Lantern has become my favorite title the last few months but this is right behind it. It's always a solid read. I haven't read #22 yet, been incredibly busy, I actually have about 2 months of books stacked up to read. I know when I get to it though, it will be great.

I buy everything Lemire writes. Come Sept he's writing Frankenstein and Animal Man, I can't wait, though I'm sad to see him leave Superboy, as him writing it was the only way I would touch a Superboy book lol. And it wasn't bad!

I buy my vertigo in trades and I'm fully traded up on this after having the first volume for ages. I love it, I love Lemire and i love the snot out of this book.

Jeff Lemire is one of the creators (Scott Snyder, Jason Aaron the others) that I'd read his skid marks.
    maybe bendis can write it! or millar!

t-o-n-y you anit't got no alibi-you tony! TONY!!

Well I finally got around to reading issue #22 and man, I loved it. It's amazing how slowly this story progresses, yet the entire time keeps me at the edge of my seat. Lemire knows how to give you just enough to keep you wanting more, but never too much to make you not want to come back.

I knew this new character couldn't be trusted! Or can he? This is the type of stuff Lemire does brilliantly.

And this week hopefully more answers shall unravel.

I agree with a member above me a few spots up, I got a "Lost" vibe as well with the different groups and I loved it. It gives you enough story of everyone so you're not waiting a month or two for him to touch up on what's going on elsewhere. I like how Lemire touches base with everyone, but does just enough so again, not too much is revealed, but enough is given to keep you wanting more. I'm very interested in the Doctor now who thinks he's a prophet and needs to get Gus to Alaska.

And for anyone who is as big of a Lemire fan as myself, he's drawing this month's Jonah Hex #69 which hit's shops this week.