Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Winick Reflects on "Justice League: Generation Lost"

CBR News spoke with writer Judd Winick about the end of his bi-weekly epic "Justice League: Generation Lost," the happy accidents that occurred while writing the series and its lasting impact on the DC Universe.

Full article here.

Interesting to see Winick respond to the negative comments that are coming from wthin this series. Makes me wonder if he's prepared for what may happen when it came to Jamie's demised by Max Lord's hand ?

If Jaime's truly dead, I'll be flat out flabergasted.

He's hooked into alien technology. Advanced alien technology. Really, really advanced alien technology. Which is almost certainly programmed to preserve the wearer's life at all costs.

He may be wearing the armor for the rest of his life, but I'm almost certain Jaime's going to be around beyond issue #24.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    Interesting to see Winick respond to the negative comments that are coming from wthin this series. Makes me wonder if he's prepared for what may happen when it came to Jamie's demised by Max Lord's hand ?
    if jamie is actually dead, the firestorm that will engulf him and dc will be unprecedented.

I feel like DC has promoted this series as the forgotten step-sibling to Brightest Day, when in actuality its 10x better than the overhyped BD series.

Jaime better not be dead. I'm done with DC if this turns out to be the case.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Pixar Rocket Raccoon!!! Jaded Devil's Avatar

Jaime won't be dead...they've been promoting him too much to just kill him off. He's not like Ryan Choi, where they brought Ray Palmer back and suddenly everyone wanted to use him instead (and that's not saying that I'm good with what happened to Choi).

He'll still be around and will probably be starring in a new ongoing, either his own or the JLI book that Judd dances around at the end of this interview (hopefully also starring Power Girl, now that JSA All-Stars has been canceled).
    There's no sense in nonsense when the heat's hot.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    Jaime better not be dead. I'm done with DC if this turns out to be the case.
    I will say it was a hard decision to come to, and I'll leave it at that.
    I dont like the sound of that at all.
    I'm already down to power girl,JLI,secret six and bird of prey.

look like i'll be down to just Gail's books.

*opening can of worms*
    They keep saying they dont plan to kill minority characters,wet they keep doing it,over and over and over.

I gess it dont matter if they are minority or not.
    Just stop killing characters people love!!

I want fun comics!
    When i got into Blue Beetle,he was so great,so well writen,I belived he was going to be the next Superman.
    A natural hero,a inspiration to a future generation.

I think think i'll read my issue at the store.
    If he stay dead I think i'll cancel the rest of the serie and Power Girl.

I'm sick of these teasing.
    What a waste of time and my money!

The curious one.

You once stated that Fire and Ice are your favorite characters to write. Are they still your favorites?

At this point, I'm a little bit in love with everybody. There's nobody who doesn't occupy a very special place in my heart, for a number of reasons. I love where we went with Ice. There's a very tiny but loud contingent of people on the web who didn't like that we revamped her origin, but I thought it was more acceptable to what we were doing. Fire, who is probably the most, in my view, underserved character in the series -- it just turned out that way.
    Tiny but loud? Way to be condescending. Why was it more acceptable? I'm not one of the people who hated it outright but then I wasn't too acquainted with the character. I'd like to know why the origin revamp was needed for this series.

mark_S

Elder Member

Kinda disappointed they didn't bring up or discuss Ice's totally racist reconned origin. Are people really that thick?

Pixar Rocket Raccoon!!! Jaded Devil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Kinda disappointed they didn't bring up or discuss Ice's totally racist reconned origin. Are people really that thick?
    That's because the tiny, loud contingent are the only ones who really have a problem with it.
    There's no sense in nonsense when the heat's hot.

When it comes to race and ethnicity? Hell, yes. People really ARE that thick, even with stuff they should know better about.

ETA: See post just on top.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded Devil View Post
    That's because the tiny, loud contingent are the only ones who really have a problem with it.
    Yes, those who happen to be informed and take issue with racism regardless of whether or not it concerns them or not. Frankly, it's shameful how small my group is...

Actually, I do think unfortunately that a lot of people do not think about Roma and the prejudices about them when people think about racism.

That said, I seriously doubt Judd Winick recognized the racial stereotypes when he wrote Ice's new origins, especially since he is one of the more diversity-minded writers in the industry. I think the main point of the origin was that Judd wanted Ice to be the product of an extended familial tragedy.

Anyways, I do not think that Blue Beetle is going to end up dead dead, he will probably survive.

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Theozilla View Post
    Actually, I do think unfortunately that a lot of people do not think about Roma and the prejudices about them when people think about racism.

That said, I seriously doubt Judd Winick recognized the racial stereotypes when he wrote Ice's new origins, especially since he is one of the more diversity-minded writers in the industry. I think the main point of the origin was that Judd wanted Ice to be the product of an extended familial tragedy.

Anyways, I do not think that Blue Beetle is going to end up dead dead, he will probably survive.
    What puzzles me is why the retcon origin. What was wrong with her last origin? And why is he so dismissive of those who object?

Mark_S