Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: DeConnick Spies Action in "Captain America and the Secret Avengers"

In "Captain America and the Secret Avengers," Sharon Carter and the Black Widow, attempt to prevent a young and dangerous girl from making a life changing mistake. We spoke with Kelly Sue DeConnick about the one-shot.

Full article here.

Cannot wait!
    I'm a huge fan of Tocchini work.
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

I appreciate the Modesty Blaise reference.

It's an interesting interview too, I like DeConnick a lot. It seems to me, though, that even though Natasha and Sharon are similar in several ways, they're pretty different in what motivates them to be on the job. Sharon was entranced by stories of her aunt fighting in WW2— she signed up to SHIELD because she liked the thought of excitement, but also because she in the end, believed in the mission. She's dedicated her whole life to the job, she doesn't have any friends or connections outside of it, so it was a big deal when she quit after shooting Steve.

Natasha, on the other hand, was largely forced into becoming a spy. The origin has changed a bit over the years, but espionage has always been something Natasha was forced into, not something she picked for herself. She would maybe even like to retire, but she can't.

So it would make sense for them to have different reactions to this Tatiana situation. I'm glad we're getting follow-up on that story, by the way. Black Widow's story in Enter the Heroic Age felt a bit incomplete, just because it wasn't tying into the ongoing like the rest of them were...

That's some sweet art. I think this just made it into the buy pile....

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    In "Captain America and the Secret Avengers," Sharon Carter and the Black Widow, attempt to prevent a young and dangerous girl from making a life changing mistake. We spoke with Kelly Sue DeConnick about the one-shot.

Full article here.
    Without reading anything else...........
    Why are Sharon and Black Widow stopping a young girl from having sex?

After reading the page

Much like the other one-shots, Captain America may be mentioned in the title, but the stars of the story are Agent 13 and the Black Widow.
    What?
    What other one-shot have the name of things that almost dont appear in the book?

I guess it's a new thing? Like Spider-man 654.1 was really a Venom book with Pete appearing a few panels?
    Last edited by Sighphi; 02-21-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    because no man's going to buy the cow when the milk's free?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

What other one-shot have the name of things that almost dont appear in the book?

I guess it's a new thing? Like Spider-man 654.1 was really a Venom book with Pete appearing a few panels?
    This is one of a series of Captain America 70th anniversary one-shots that feature characters in the supporting cast. There's a Falcon one, a Crossbones one, a Batroc one...all of them are called "Captain America and—" but most focus more on the other character.

I'm getting all 5 one-shots.

This one, Falcon and Crossbones are the ones I'm looking forward to the most.

After reading the page
    Where does it say anything about them stopping her from having sex?

What?

As Hrist said, they're just talking about the Cap 70th anniversary one-shots.
    Last edited by RatFace; 02-21-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    This is one of a series of Captain America 70th anniversary one-shots that feature characters in the supporting cast. There's a Falcon one, a Crossbones one, a Batroc one...all of them are called "Captain America and—" but most focus more on the other character.
    Oh ok.
    Still..... those two chicks arent really the Secret Avengers.

It should be called Cap N Chicks or something.

BANNED

Oh ok.

Cap or Steve's Angels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RatFace View Post
    I'm getting all 5 one-shots.

This one, Falcon and Crossbones are the ones I'm looking forward to the most.

Where does it say anything about them stopping her from having sex?

As Hrist said, they're just talking about the Cap 70th anniversary one-shots.
    I didn't know about this. Details? It's probably unhealthy of me to want Falcon to murderlize Crossbones in a creatively slow way.

Liked this quote:

"I love buddy movies, and you just can't have too many Thelma and Louises in this world,"

Why yes. Yes you can. (Sorry. The quote was just sitting there, begging for a cheap shot)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osmium View Post
    I didn't know about this. Details? It's probably unhealthy of me to want Falcon to murderlize Crossbones in a creatively slow way.

Liked this quote:

"I love buddy movies, and you just can't have too many Thelma and Louises in this world,"

Why yes. Yes you can. (Sorry. The quote was just sitting there, begging for a cheap shot)
    They are separate. they each got their own mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    Cap or Steve's Angels.
    Oh ok.

This is probably why they went with the Secret Avengers title.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmium View Post
    I typed that wrong, as far as I know there are no plans for a title like that.

I was referring to the Captain America and Falcon and the completely seperate CA and Crossbones one-shots coming out next month.

Oh ok.

...moving on, this looks fantastic! I can't wait to read this! Kelly Sue Deconnick is a fantastic writer, one of the best and most creative at Marvel.

It's a little bit odd though that Steve Rogers seems to play such a small role in the preview. I thought they were trying to tie everything in to the movie. I'm not complaining though, there is such a thing as overexposure and both Sharon and the Black Widow deserves tons more attention!