View Poll Results: Do you see sexism/gender equality as a significant social issue in your home country?

Voters
52. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • yes [I'm female]

10 19.23%
  • yes [I'm male]

25 48.08%
  • no [I'm female]

2 3.85%
  • no [I'm male]

15 28.85%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TripleX View Post
    Are y'all still on this? From where I'm sitting the answer is "NO". My girl makes 3 times what I make. She demanded to know what she was getting for Valentine's Day, I asked her what I was getting. She said nothing because my birthday is two days later. I called her at work Monday to tell her HVD and that I left her a message on facebook. She replied "What? that's all I'm getting?" I let her think that, but brought her gifts over later in the day. I told her 4 times "Happy Valentine's Day" and every time I barely got a thank you. I asked what was up with that, she said, "it's not leap year, you don't get to celebrate until then" I was like "WTF?" I'm still pissed about it! Tonight's bullshit dinner at Red Lobster is NOT going to make up for it! That's why she's not coming to my real birthday dinner Saturday night at PF Chang's! Sorry, I had to vent.

So again, my answer is NO!
    ...Exactly why are you dating her? You always make her sound so unappealing.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Yeah, I think you can do better.

BANNED

Thanks for all the Happy Birthdays. Damn.

Loves the ignore button jason_w's Avatar

Thanks for all the Happy Birthdays. Damn.
    Happy Birthday!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    ...Exactly why are you dating her? You always make her sound so unappealing.
    She's hood rich, beautiful, classy and accepted by my family, some of my others weren't. She's ALWAYS there for me whenever I need her and she's intelligent. Arguing with her ass is a lot of fun, our friends call us "the Bickersons".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jason_w View Post
    Happy Birthday!
    Thanks! I'm not trying to hijack Bret's thread though, but preciate it.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    ...Exactly why are you dating her?
    The man actually LIKES the Star Wars prequels.

What does that say about his tastes?

BANNED

No, I like "Revenge of the Sith" get it right, and at least I've had sex this week. All you prolly had was the buffet dinner at Golden Coral.

Gone

Talking

No, I like "Revenge of the Sith" get it right, and at least I've had sex this week. All you prolly had was the buffet dinner at Golden Coral.
    - Objection, your honor! Hearsay!

This poll confirms what polls of this type usually reveals, that a person who isn't part of the "affected" group, "doesn't see a problem"! What did you hope to achieve by this?
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

Quote Originally Posted by LEADER DESSLOK View Post
    This poll confirms what polls of this type usually reveals, that a person who isn't part of the "affected" group, "doesn't see a problem"! What did you hope to achieve by this?
    I don't see that at all, both male options for Yes and No have the same amount of votes so I don't see any confirmation that not being a part of the "affected" group has any impact on whether or not they see sexism as a problem. The results are wholly inconclusive in that regard, and I see no way for it to be interpreted any other way. I'm not going to say gender doesn't influence ones perception of the issue, only that this poll doesn't illustrate that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    The man actually LIKES the Star Wars prequels.

What does that say about his tastes?
    I ALSO like the STAR WARS: PREQUEL TRILOGY! The onlyone I had a problem with was The Phantam Menace and that was due to Jar-Jar Binks! But guess, what? When I bought the DVD and activated the close caption function, I found that when I read his dialogue, HE WAS very funny! Lucas scrwewed up by not giving Jar-Jar and the other Gundams sub-titles the way he did with Jabba the Hut!

What does it say about the contributer's tastes? It shows that he can think for himself and not give a crap about what the rest of "the herd" thinks!
    For years I used to say that "Empire" was the best of the Original Trilogy and would always have to debate somebody--now many people agree with me!

By the way, REVENGE OF THE SITH is now my favorite of the Six!
    Last edited by LEADER DESSLOK; 02-16-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: tweaks
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't see that at all, both male options for Yes and No have the same amount of votes so I don't see any confirmation that not being a part of the "affected" group has any impact on whether or not they see sexism as a problem. The results are wholly inconclusive in that regard, and I see no way for it to be interpreted any other way. I'm not going to say gender doesn't influence ones perception of the issue, only that this poll doesn't illustrate that at all.
    I misread the results. Thanks, good call on that one!

This Earth's Donna Troy Donna M.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    I live on planet earth, so, eh, hell yes. Stupid question, really. No offence.
    Aw man, you stole my answer!

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    I live on planet earth, so, eh, hell yes. Stupid question, really. No offence.
    I have to agree. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either kidding themselves or painfully unaware.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life