Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    This is a character who was trapped for centuries in some kind of Hell dimension, who could not return to Earth without having somebody ON Earth to open a portal for his return.

So he conceives a plan. To breed with women on Earth, to create a legion of teleporting children, over the past twenty years, to open a portal for him. Children he can control by some ill-defined connection.

A fantastic plan. With one key flaw.

If he is trapped in this Hell dimension, unable to get back to Earth, how the frickin' monkey bollocks did he get back TO Earth in order to physically get jiggy with, and impregnate all of these women?

And if he CAN get back to Earth to do that, why the hell is he bothering with trying to create this portal, which he clearly doesn't NEED.

Nightcrawler was better off not knowing who his father was.

He's clearly an idiot.

This was covered within the arc itself. Azazel first crossed over to Earth when Margali, Nightcrawler's adoptive mother(coincidence?) experemented with magic for the first time. Since then only he could cross over to Earth and only with her help who then became his main bit$h. He then began to breed with women that would give him mutant children who then all together could open a portal large enough to cross over his who mutant army/kingdom. He wanted to take back the Earth he ruled before he was banished by the Angel-like mutant sub-species.

I wonder if he ever banged Selene, surely he is from the Hyberbian age being that his kingdom was before the any notable civilizations like the Sumerians.

i know my continuity gothicelfisback's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nachturne View Post
    Seriously. If you like Nightcrawler or Abyss, you have to like Kiwi Black. They're brothers. Look:

If they were prettier, Disney would have given them a band.

(PS, anyone have a scan of them all drinking cocoa at the end of The Draco? Love it!)

That is clearly a mistake.
    you mean him having three fingers, i thibk it was a hint to kurt but they changed it later
    X-men: petra, nightcrawler, wicked, loa, pixie, magik,Bring back Wicked, and Freakshow repowerd, cause m-day was pointless anyway
    http://www.retroxmen.com/forums/index.php?/index x-men rp

I wonder if he ever banged Selene, surely he is from the Hyberbian age being that his kingdom was before the any notable civilizations like the Sumerians.
    I think it may have been much earlier than the Hyborean age. The mutant gene was introduced into the human DNA before the Hyborean age I think. It's likely Azazel and his demon/angel mutant buddies precede her.
    My guess is that they were the result of Celestials checking out if the mutant gene would have the right effect once triggered by exposing them to nuclear radiation.
    After seeing success the Celestials left and the x-gene made it into the general human population. Without sufficient background radiation the x-gene didn't trigger again until mankind started experimenting with nuclear energy, with a few exceptions along the way such as Selene and Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro View Post
    I think it may have been much earlier than the Hyborean age. The mutant gene was introduced into the human DNA before the Hyborean age I think. It's likely Azazel and his demon/angel mutant buddies precede her.
    My guess is that they were the result of Celestials checking out if the mutant gene would have the right effect once triggered by exposing them to nuclear radiation.
    After seeing success the Celestials left and the x-gene made it into the general human population. Without sufficient background radiation the x-gene didn't trigger again until mankind started experimenting with nuclear energy, with a few exceptions along the way such as Selene and Apocalypse.
    That a great explanation could even be put into the comics
    X-men: petra, nightcrawler, wicked, loa, pixie, magik,Bring back Wicked, and Freakshow repowerd, cause m-day was pointless anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Pro View Post
    I like the idea of Azazel and his fellow Demon/Angel mutants being the very first humans to be turned into mutants by the Celestials. It would play perfectly into the whole Christian analogy where the Celestials (God) abandon their creations the mutants(angels) for new ones which ignites a civil war spliting the mutants into both the more physically mutated "demons" and less so "angel" sects.

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    I like the idea of Azazel and his fellow Demon/Angel mutants being the very first humans to be turned into mutants by the Celestials. It would play perfectly into the whole Christian analogy where the Celestials (God) abandon their creations the mutants(angels) for new ones which ignites a civil war spliting the mutants into both the more physically mutated "demons" and less so "angel" sects.
    I think this would have been better then Astuien thoery although he had a good idea in his own way XD

It would play perfectly into the whole Christian analogy where the Celestials (God) abandon their creations the mutants(angels) for new ones which ignites a civil war spliting the mutants into both the more physically mutated "demons" and less so "angel" sects.
    It also fits the Celestials' modus operandi. Before the mutants the Eternals and the Deviants developed along similar division lines if i recall correctly.
    Last edited by Pro; 02-19-2011 at 07:06 AM.

Let the Azazel appreciation begin!

In all seriousness, he did have a few really great scenes. By making him Russian, are they trying to insinuate a connection to the Rasputins?!
    Rogue finaly punch Raven who is seemingly amused and happy to have fun with her kids~Stephane Garrelie

He was pretty cool in the movie as a henchman.
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

In all seriousness, he did have a few really great scenes. By making him Russian, are they trying to insinuate a connection to the Rasputins?!
    I think they were trying to insinuate a connection to communism, his being red and all.

He appeared in a bad story, but he's not a bad villain. I hope he gets a revival. Casey should use him in Vengeance.
    XPOTM:September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    I think they were trying to insinuate a connection to communism, his being red and all.

He appeared in a bad story, but he's not a bad villain. I hope he gets a revival. Casey should use him in Vengeance.
    I think he could be good, I'm so not into the whole biblical connection though.

I had absolutely no interest in seeing him in the movie, and dreaded it, but he had some great scenes. I'll give him a shot if he returns to the books.
    Rogue finaly punch Raven who is seemingly amused and happy to have fun with her kids~Stephane Garrelie

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

The sounds of BAMFs interwoven with the thudding sounds of men falling to their deaths was a magical thing. The foley engineers made their money for that scene.

As for Azazel-616... I'm still mystified that he was supposedly trapped in a dimension, that he could only escape to impregnate women with his offspring who could somehow, some way one day help him escape that dimension.

It makes me wonder if having a hard-on was what helped him appear in the real world.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The sounds of BAMFs interwoven with the thudding sounds of men falling to their deaths was a magical thing. The foley engineers made their money for that scene.
    That was a GREAT SCENE. Honestly, when I'm talking about Azazel having great scenes, that's the one I'm thinking of. I love using teleportation like that, in an offensive manner. Nightcrawler's too much of a pacifist to do anything like that.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

That was a GREAT SCENE. Honestly, when I'm talking about Azazel having great scenes, that's the one I'm thinking of. I love using teleportation like that, in an offensive manner. Nightcrawler's too much of a pacifist to do anything like that.
    He did do it once in Uncanny X-Men #499, to Omega Red.

But on a mass scale that kills dozens of G-Men? Oh hell no. Evil teleporter FTW. Although, I realize they could have used Vanisher instead of Azazel.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -