Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Larsen on "Savage Dragon" and "Herculian"

Image Comics co-founder Erik Larsen spoke with CBR about the ongoing adventures of "Savage Dragon" and the upcoming giant-sized one-shot "Herculian," collecting his 24-Hour comic and other short stories.

Full article here.

Buy Savage Dragon!

Cool. Always a joy to see Erik getting some much deserved attention.
    - Gav

If you've ever thought about trying Savage Dragon but the high issue numbers intimidate you, why not visit the SD Wiki? You'll catch up in no time.

http://savagedragonwiki.wikispaces.com/

Agreed.

Larsen is putting out some of the best superhero stuff in the industry right now with Savage Dragon, and his detours into the stuff collected in Herculian are always worth the price of admission.

It would be nice to see sales on his books start to reflect the top-notch stuff he's putting out there - which is easily the best work he's produced to date.

http://lordtoede.blogspot Scott M Davis's Avatar

What you fanboys talking about? Savage Dragon is one of the worst comics on the stands. Horrible writing and even worse art.

j/k

The last 12 months of SD has been the best comic book making to date. The future is wide open and who knows where Erik will take us!
    Pull List: Valiant Titles, All New Marvel Now Titles, Popeye Classics, Haunted Horror.

Savage Dragon is the best book out there, so excited about the current storylines, its a great time to be a long time reader of the book and would be a great jumping on point for new readers. I will definately be picking up the Herculian one shot too, looks great.

Emperor Dragon has been amazing. Erik is really taking risks.

☿Mecurial master of media Living Silver's Avatar

It's really sad that more people don't read Savage Dragon. It's better than it's ever been at the moment, in terms of the story.

I am so looking forward to Herculian, even though I already own the original Image-Two-In-One version.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendrix View Post
    I am so looking forward to Herculian, even though I already own the original Image-Two-In-One version.
    The Image Two-In-One story is only half the book--there's all kinds of other stuff in there--plus it's over-sized and totally awesome!
    --
    Erik Larsen
    Savage Dragon perpetrator

www.imagecomics.com
    www.savagedragon.com

Buy Savage Dragon!

I'm going to have to beg the SD board regulars for one of them to pick up a copy of the HC con exclusive edition. That thing looks awesome.
    - Gav

If you've ever thought about trying Savage Dragon but the high issue numbers intimidate you, why not visit the SD Wiki? You'll catch up in no time.

http://savagedragonwiki.wikispaces.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    What you fanboys talking about? Savage Dragon is one of the worst comics on the stands. Horrible writing and even worse art
    You know, it's a good thing my eyes didn't automatically scan down to the jk, because now I know how much a statement like the above can get my goat. Dragon's one of the few titles currently coming out that I never feel like I'm being hyperbolic or brownnosing describing. It really is just that awesome all the time.

I must say you have to give Larsen credit where it due when it comes to his Savage Dragon title.

Only just started reading Savage Dragon with the Emporer arc and what a place to start just bonkers and brilliant at the same time which is what I want from a comic. SD and the latest ASM are my 2 top comics so thanks Eric for a great world you've created.

What is it about SD that stops people dipping in and making it more popular many on this board whinge about the state of mainstream comic quality and you have this comic being superb in art. writing and story just what they want. Could it be just about distribution and lcs' not getting enough in or people just ignore books from the smaller publishers just because they love to whinge while buying these poorer comics so they can whinge about how poor they are? I find in most entertainment spheres that if you look outside the mainstream you find lots of great stuff you just need to look.

What the...?

Here's a little preview featuring a nice homage to very first issue of Savage Dragon where Malcolm and Angel battle the son of Cutthroat and Glowbug (the first bad guys we see Dragon fight).

Any new readers plan on hoping on board? It's a good as time as any since Malcolm and Angel are officially the stars of the book. I'm kind of interested in seeing Savage Dragon become more like a teen superhero book like Invincible used to be. It'll be kind of an interesting take for the next few years until the kids hit drinking age.

I can't tell how long I've been waiting for the book to take this direction. Ever since Malcolm was born (WAY BACK in issue 33) the idea that he could take over the book as the star is pretty amazing.

Another cool aspect is there is generational aspect to the series now. We're seeing the sons and daughters of supporting characters step into different roles now. Kind of reminds of James Robinson's run on Starman only if James Robinson wrote every issue of Starman before that.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    What you fanboys talking about? Savage Dragon is one of the worst comics on the stands. Horrible writing and even worse art.

j/k

The last 12 months of SD has been the best comic book making to date. The future is wide open and who knows where Erik will take us!
    HA! I was ready to go buck wild!
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!