Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: TEASER: Who Are the Worthy in "Fear Itself?

Marvel's latest "Fear Itself" teaser asks the question "Who are the worthy?" while showing an image of Captain America, Iron Man and the Grey Gargoyle, reaching out to grasp something that looks similar to Thor's Mjolnir.

Full article here.

Aha, I see. Thor gets taken out and the others have to try to wield his hammer.

If only they built the event around Grey Gargoyle, then I'd be sold.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Well, that hammer has Salvador Larroca's name on it in big letters, so this leads me to believe it's not Thor's. Maybe this means the Grey Gargoyle will be the next penciller of Invincible Iron Man?

Busy having an agenda.

Grey Gargoyle? That's a bit random isn't it?

It doesn't look much like mjolnir to me. Maybe it's Steel's hammer. In fact, I would enjoy seeing an intercompany crossover where Thor beats the hell out of Steel for swiping his hammer idea.

Before I read so many comics that I got used to the idea, it bothered me that Thor would run around smashing people with his hammer. How heroic is that?

Have you ever got in a fight with anyone and whipped out your hammer?

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

If it is Mjolnir. Doesn't it have a thicker shaft?

If my history lesson serves me right, clergy who felt compelled to join battles couldn't wield bladed weapons but were allowed to use maces and other blunt weapons, and their actions weren't considered un-heroic.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 02-14-2011 at 07:12 AM.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Busy having an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by The All-Seeing Eye of Agamotto View Post
    It doesn't look much like mjolnir to me. Maybe it's Steel's hammer. In fact, I would enjoy seeing an intercompany crossover where Thor beats the hell out of Steel for swiping his hammer idea.

Before I read so many comics that I got used to the idea, it bothered me that Thor would run around smashing people with his hammer. How heroic is that?

Have you ever got in a fight with anyone and whipped out your hammer?
    Once.

But the court said I couldn't talk about it.

I rather have they teased a bit more about what it is exaxly about. It's still very vague so far.

Is Grey Gargoyle worthy to lift Mjolnir? SPOILER: No.

Unless, they're trying to pretend that because he's made of stone he can lift it, as the magic only works on fleshy things, in which case I can see an awesome Rockslide / Thor team-up book on the cards.

(ALSO: I'm fairly certain Grey Gargoyle died recently in Thunderbolts. Or at least, looked pretty dead. Didn't he die in the Raft outbreak? (wikipedia says it was him but is unclear as to whether he died.)

I still dont know what's going on, but since the event is coming out on April i think they are fighting the God of April Fool's.

So i think all issues will end with the God popping out and saying "Psych!" Then he disappears until the next issue.

Not sure the hamme ractually looks like Mjolnir, but if it is I doubt any of the three shown are worthy of picking it up.

Cap America (Bucky) - Former assassin
    Iron Man - Civil war, registration act etc
    Grey Gargoyle - possible murderer, definite attempted murderer.

Come on guys, it's artistic license. It's not like it could be someone else's mystical weapon.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by Zomling View Post
    Not sure the hamme ractually looks like Mjolnir, but if it is I doubt any of the three shown are worthy of picking it up.

Cap America (Bucky) - Former assassin
    Iron Man - Civil war, registration act etc
    Grey Gargoyle - possible murderer, definite attempted murderer.
    Yes, Iron Man is the logical choice.
    But this is just a promo or something.

Default Grey Gargoyle

I believe GG's mentioned in a recent solicitation for Thor...I think the upcoming .1 issue. He was to be hanging around Asgard for some reason, getting into trouble.

But, like some of you, I first looked at that teaser and was like, "Which one of these is not like the others?"

We do know GG and Iron Man will be near Asgard. As far as Bucky is concerned...well, as they said in a recent solicitation, "...that's all top-secret."

Default I also just thought...

Quote Originally Posted by littlenomad View Post
    I believe GG's mentioned in a recent solicitation for Thor...I think the upcoming .1 issue. He was to be hanging around Asgard for some reason, getting into trouble.

But, like some of you, I first looked at that teaser and was like, "Which one of these is not like the others?"

We do know GG and Iron Man will be near Asgard. As far as Bucky is concerned...well, as they said in a recent solicitation, "...that's all top-secret."
    ...What if this is a temptation thing? Kind of like at the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, where even Indy loses his mind trying to grab the Grail. In other words...what if the heroes temporarily lose their shite--maybe because of some kind of enchantment--and fight over the hammer?