Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 85
  1. #46
    100% alive since 1978 Ben Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Abbadon View Post
    I was hoping for Baccarin too- a much better choics -and she looks the part with that hawt short hair!
    I'd hope they used more to determine which actress to pick other than her current hairstyle

  2. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    I'm hoping Marvel will finally get that Ant-Man & the Wasp movie off the ground. right now they'd be relegated to a bit part in the Avengers
    That would rock, but I read somewhere that they were gonna make Pym be the old creator in the 60s and ant-man some new kid (presumably Scott Lang?), something like that... anyway I didn't find it very appetizing. I'd love it if they just had it as Hank and Jan in modern day, but if they're gonna do another Ant-man I'd really like Eric! Make up for the Deadpool movie that's never gonna happen now.

  3. #48
    100% alive since 1978 Ben Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swie View Post
    That would rock, but I read somewhere that they were gonna make Pym be the old creator in the 60s and ant-man some new kid (presumably Scott Lang?), something like that... anyway I didn't find it very appetizing. I'd love it if they just had it as Hank and Jan in modern day, but if they're gonna do another Ant-man I'd really like Eric! Make up for the Deadpool movie that's never gonna happen now.
    those are all just rumors. Edgar Wight hasn't even finished writing it yet.

  4. #49
    Not nice. Jason Abbadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In your Imagination.
    Posts
    4,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    I'd hope they used more to determine which actress to pick other than her current hairstyle
    I'm sure they did- she was great and badass on Stargate SG-1 for a couple of seasons as the main baddie.
    I could really see her snappy banter with Robert Downey Jr too.
    Tension, Apprehension, and Dissension have begun.

  5. #50
    Senior Member Addams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    I read somewhere that they were gonna make Pym be the old creator in the 60s and ant-man some new kid (presumably Scott Lang?), something like that
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ? Geez, i sure hope it's just a rumor.

    Nothing against Scott at all of course but...

  6. #51
    Elder Member Sean Walsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    12,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    She'll probably have all of one or two lines and might not even get explicitly named on-screen.
    But she's getting a name actress (Cobie Smulders, part of the HIMYM cast) and it's a role that attracted other name actresses -- why waste that if she has 1 or 2 lines and isn't mentioned by name?

  7. #52
    In the shadows... Kunoichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    It would be cool to see Hill.

  8. #53
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco - the free range twink farm
    Posts
    46,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    I'd hope they used more to determine which actress to pick other than her current hairstyle
    You hope? That brand of topflight casting is what landed them an Old Navy Modelquin as Captain America.

    Last edited by Pixie_Solanas; 02-10-2011 at 12:16 PM.

  9. #54
    Veteran Member Jmacq1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    But she's getting a name actress (Cobie Smulders, part of the HIMYM cast) and it's a role that attracted other name actresses -- why waste that if she has 1 or 2 lines and isn't mentioned by name?
    Because being a "name actress" on TV isn't the same as being a "name actress" in major motion pictures. Or perhaps even more likely: While her presence in Avengers may be minimal, she may also be signed for more than one movie and/or a much more important role in say, a Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD spinoff.

    I mean, I don't really know either way. Maybe she's the most important character in the script for all we know, but it's doubtful, and I'm looking at it from the perspective that

    A: Avengers is already going to be a very crowded movie, it's highly unlikely they're adding another "main" character that will have to be introduced from scratch when they already have one with Hawkeye.

    and

    B: She's basically being cast as an "assistant" which doesn't exactly scream "majorly important character."

  10. #55
    Senior Member bringthenoise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Posts
    3,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Torpor View Post
    You hope? That brand of topflight casting is what landed them an Old Navy Modelquin as Captain America.
    Thus speaks a man who has never seen The Losers.
    Loo's Views: My Blog - Now being updated (at least occasionally!)

    ZeroLife: And now listen to the podcast that embraces old and new games alike!

  11. #56
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco - the free range twink farm
    Posts
    46,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bringthenoise View Post
    Thus speaks a man who has never seen The Losers.
    Who did? Time's too short to waste on celluloid turkey.

  12. #57
    Senior Member Rimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bringthenoise View Post
    Thus speaks a man who has never seen The Losers.
    I just saw the Losers a few weeks ago, it was awesome. And Evans' role was good in it - obviously different than Steve Rogers. More like Johnny Storm...

  13. #58
    Not nice. Jason Abbadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In your Imagination.
    Posts
    4,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    She's about a decade too old now (but still hot however) but Natalie Ratano from VIPs looks like Hill.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...i=g10&aql=&oq=
    She'd make a great Countess though.
    Tension, Apprehension, and Dissension have begun.

  14. #59
    Busy having an agenda.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Torpor View Post
    Robin Sparkles has none of the steely gravitas needed from butch-ass Maria Hill.

    Bad casting.

    I was hoping for Morena Baccarin. She's shove a hot stick up someone's rump.
    Snorts. Anyone's an improvement on Morena Baccarin.

    Well except Glau.

  15. #60
    Busy having an agenda.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Abbadon View Post
    I'm sure they did- she was great and badass on Stargate SG-1 for a couple of seasons as the main baddie.
    I could really see her snappy banter with Robert Downey Jr too.
    She was hot but terrible in SG-1, and Downey's chrasima would do the same it did to ScaJo and blow her off the screen.

    Not neccessarily saying Smulders will be any better, but she certainly couldn't be any worse.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •