Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: ADVANCE PREVIEW: "Captain America" #615.1

Marvel Comics has released an advance look at "Captain America" #615.1, a specially produced jumping on point by Ed Brubaker and Mitch Bretiweiser. The issue, with a cover by Daniel Acuña, hits stores March 9.

Full article here.

It looks like they finally did create their own Captain America out of that scrawny kid. I'm digging it, but then am instantly reminded about 50s Cap. So now I'm conflicted. Is this cool, or is it too soon for another crazy Captain America? Oh well, Brubaker hasn't done me dirt yet so I'm in.

Future Lovemaking Skilled djsweet's Avatar

Nice use of the power broker.

Big fan of Mitch Bretiweiser artwork.

Cannot wait!
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBodyAtCBR View Post
    It looks like they finally did create their own Captain America out of that scrawny kid. I'm digging it, but then am instantly reminded about 50s Cap. So now I'm conflicted. Is this cool, or is it too soon for another crazy Captain America? Oh well, Brubaker hasn't done me dirt yet so I'm in.
    who says he's crazy?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    who says he's crazy?
    yeah seeems fine thus far
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post
    yeah seeems fine thus far
    That means he's dead by the end of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    That means he's dead by the end of the issue.
    i thought this as well
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Question this skinny guy?

I've been reading and have read all of Brubaker's run on Cap, Super Soldier and Secret Avengers....am I supposed to know this Dave Rickford(?)...I read way too much so I could have just completely forgotten, but anything Brubaker or Grant Morisson write, I tend to pay very close attention.

Is this just some new character never before introduced? I only ask because someone said, "it's about time that skinny guy got a shot." or something along those lines.

Anyways, I can't wait for the Super Soldier backup instead of the Nomad. Although the most recent Nomad story and art wasn't so bad...I just wish I had a longer Cap book for 3.99 instead of a backup, but it looks like Brubaker and team are doing it in may? I forget.

So, anyone know who he is?

Quote Originally Posted by Guns & Pearls of Brixton View Post
    I've been reading and have read all of Brubaker's run on Cap, Super Soldier and Secret Avengers....am I supposed to know this Dave Rickford(?)...I read way too much so I could have just completely forgotten, but anything Brubaker or Grant Morisson write, I tend to pay very close attention.

Is this just some new character never before introduced? I only ask because someone said, "it's about time that skinny guy got a shot." or something along those lines.

Anyways, I can't wait for the Super Soldier backup instead of the Nomad. Although the most recent Nomad story and art wasn't so bad...I just wish I had a longer Cap book for 3.99 instead of a backup, but it looks like Brubaker and team are doing it in may? I forget.

So, anyone know who he is?
    At the end of the Super Solider mini I think these were the guys who picked up some skinny dark-haired orphan kid in a limo to give him the serum. They said in order to make a correct Captain America they needed a Steve Rogers...or a skinny orphan with high values.

I shouldn't have said he's crazy, that was my bad, but what I should have meant, is that has this been enough time between Captain America impersonators, or does this feel like a rehash of Two Americas? I'm interested in the Super Soldier mini follow-up, but I don't think I can be harsh on people who feel that all Captain America does these days is beat up other Captain Americas.

I'm also hella excited that this means that Steve doesn't take up the mantle again, despite what everyone was saying was going to happen. The solicit to the last issue of The Trial says something I can't remember specifically but foreshadows someone else taking up the mantle of Captain America, and this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBodyAtCBR View Post
    I shouldn't have said he's crazy, that was my bad, but what I should have meant, is that has this been enough time between Captain America impersonators, or does this feel like a rehash of Two Americas? I'm interested in the Super Soldier mini follow-up, but I don't think I can be harsh on people who feel that all Captain America does these days is beat up other Captain Americas.
    I understood what you meant. I definitely understand the worry, but it's hard to judge based on a preview. Though it does seem that thematically this guy and Burnside will be pretty different.

I like the new belt buckle so you can tell various faux-Caps apart.
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Looking good, it'll be interesting to see who's under the mask.

So basically, Marvel used to give out those FREE saga floppies to drum up interest in an upcoming story. Now they are going to charge $2.99. COUNT ME IN!!! Maybe I'll buy 19 copies!

Quote Originally Posted by GoofBall814 View Post
    So basically, Marvel used to give out those FREE saga floppies to drum up interest in an upcoming story. Now they are going to charge $2.99. COUNT ME IN!!! Maybe I'll buy 19 copies!
    these are not saga, those still come out. This is a story that acts as an introduction to the current universe for new readers. You should pay for this. Grow up.
    "I visited Latveria and all I got is a bunch of Doombot heads."

-Deadpool-
    Doomwar # 5