BANNED

Default Can you use MSWord on tablets?

I've been studying for a test and would like to write down things on a computer that I need to go back and study but it's a pain to write it in a notebook and then type it in a computer. I was thinking of buying a netbook but I noticed the tablets which are cheaper. Can you use MSWord, Excel, etc. or similar software that are compatible with MSOffice on tablets? Or is there any device out there that will allow you to do this other than netbooks?

Quote Originally Posted by Gumaro9977 View Post
    I've been studying for a test and would like to write down things on a computer that I need to go back and study but it's a pain to write it in a notebook and then type it in a computer. I was thinking of buying a netbook but I noticed the tablets which are cheaper. Can you use MSWord, Excel, etc. or similar software that are compatible with MSOffice on tablets? Or is there any device out there that will allow you to do this other than netbooks?
    A windows tablet can use Word, an Android tablet can use things LIKE Word
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    A windows tablet can use Word, an Android tablet can use things LIKE Word
    This should work as a general rule, but I recommend checking out the technical specs of any tablet that interests you just to be safe. Some tablets might come out of the box with some sort of program that can create files readable by Word/Excel, etc. For other tablets you may have to buy and/or install the software separately.

BANNED

There are such things as Windows Tablets? A few weeks back, I asked 3 Fry's employees about this and they all said no.

There are such things as Windows Tablets? A few weeks back, I asked 3 Fry's employees about this and they all said no.
    They have been making them for years even before Google was more than a dream.

Here is a listing of Tablets with many OSs

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Here is a listing of Tablets with many OSs
    :) Not to be pushy but where is the list? One of the salesguys said the reason why androids don't have any wordpad is because they need an OS. I'm not that familiar with electronics so I just took his word for it.

Android *is* an OS.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Pages is the iPad app that can create and edit documents compatible with MSWord. It's $9.99. I haven't used it though. You can look it up in the app store and see if it suits your needs.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

:) Not to be pushy but where is the list? One of the salesguys said the reason why androids don't have any wordpad is because they need an OS. I'm not that familiar with electronics so I just took his word for it.
    Sorry about that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_tablet_PCs

Android lets you access Google Docs via the browser. Which isn't MSWord, but it does the same stuff, so what are you complaining about?
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Android lets you access Google Docs via the browser. Which isn't MSWord, but it does the same stuff, so what are you complaining about?
    If you are just doing simple note-taking where you don't have a lot of fancy formatting (because you won't have time to do the formatting during class) you can also use a non-proprietary file format like rtf or txt that can be read by pretty much any word processor out there. So even finding a tablet that can run Word is not essential because you can use Open Office or Google Docs or even Notepad (or the Mac equivalent, whatever it is called)