Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Could be Jessica's mother, father or grandparents. Either ways, baby is probably not a Skrull. The tech has evolved where Skrulls are detectable (Spider-woman even had a device from SWORD that would detect them). For Baby to be a Skrull without being detected by this time, would be a huge gap in logic or a massive ball drop by the Avengers in general.
    That was one of the weird parts of Secret Invasion. The FF has had Skrull detecting technology since at least the time of Lyja. If I recall, her refusal to let Reed scan her is one of the things that ultimately led to her being outed.

Too bad Reed never shared the tech, alas.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Could be Jessica's mother, father or grandparents. Either ways, baby is probably not a Skrull. The tech has evolved where Skrulls are detectable (Spider-woman even had a device from SWORD that would detect them). For Baby to be a Skrull without being detected by this time, would be a huge gap in logic or a massive ball drop by the Avengers in general.
    she's a hybrid with powers that block that detection. that's how evolution works in the marvel universe.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

You mean usual Bendis writing?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey W View Post
    That was one of the weird parts of Secret Invasion. The FF has had Skrull detecting technology since at least the time of Lyja. If I recall, her refusal to let Reed scan her is one of the things that ultimately led to her being outed.

Yeah. I wasn't really clear on how the Skrulls weren't detected in the first place as I could have sworn that Reed has developed stuff to detect them before. Maybe I missed something? Did the Skrulls find a way to beat Reed's methods?

in SI the Skrulls ability to replace people was enhanced with magic, even dr strange couldn't detect them

they had the same brain patterns as the people they replaced and their dna matched,

Read the actual books it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post
    in SI the Skrulls ability to replace people was enhanced with magic, even dr strange couldn't detect them

they had the same brain patterns as the people they replaced and their dna matched,

Read the actual books it helps.
    I did read it, but don't remember that.

Yeah. I wasn't really clear on how the Skrulls weren't detected in the first place as I could have sworn that Reed has developed stuff to detect them before. Maybe I missed something? Did the Skrulls find a way to beat Reed's methods?
    Yes, they were specifically undetectable to Reed's old scanners, and telepathy, and magic, etc. Reed had to come up with a new technology to reveal their true forms at the tail end of Secret Invasion; had his old scanners worked still, that would never have been a plot point.

What is this resurect-the-old-thread game?
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning

I did read it, but don't remember that.
    Don't feel bad. I remembered that the Skrulls were undetectable, but forgot why exactly. I must have missed the issue with the MAGIC explanation.

Nah, she's the next Phoenix. When Bendis takes over the X-books he's bringing the Luke Cage-Jessica Jones family drama with him. Every other issue will involve Luke Cage getting worked up over villain after villain threatening his family while Colossus, Cyclops and Co. eat Chinese take out in the background. You're gonna love it.

Drax knew how to detect skrulls.

We miss ya, buddy.
    Comics enjoyed by my Old Lady: Chew, IKG, Saga, JTHM, Ex Machina, Gil Kane's Green Lantern, Wormwood, NYX, Jurgen and JMS's Thor, along with a few others.

Fantacrap=Fantasy + Crap zipppoww's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Nah, she's the next Phoenix. When Bendis takes over the X-books he's bringing the Luke Cage-Jessica Jones family drama with him. Every other issue will involve Luke Cage getting worked up over villain after villain threatening his family while Colossus, Cyclops and Co. eat Chinese take out in the background. You're gonna love it.
    Lol, I guess I'm not the only one tired of watching people eat in Avengers.

Danielle is a Skrull, but her mommy and daddy love her anyway.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

For Baby to be a Skrull without being detected by this time, would be a huge gap in logic or a massive ball drop by the Avengers in general.
    So you mean business as usual? *Ba-dump-chah*
    "John Stewart. LAME! ...this guy having a ring is like giving the batmobile to a blind old woman with her left leg in a cast."

"Pym biting Blobs head off seems like something that would have happened when i was ten years old and playing with action figures."

"i always assumed that [the blob] had the same powers as his 616 counterpart because, if simply being a huge fat guy was enough to be considered a mutant then there sure are a lot of mutants in 'real life'. "

It was Reed to made the Skrull undetectable.
    It was in one of those NA tie-ins, i guess?
    They cloned him and kept making the clone come up with ways to help them.
    So, essentially, Reed beat himself.