Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I suspect that Secret Invasion #7 is going to be the big slam-bang action fest that all but "ties up" the Invasion, and #8 is basically going to be the "mop up." Where things like Luke's baby et al... are explained/revealed, basically crushing the morale of the heroes even after their "victory" and setting up this whole "Dark Reign" mess, since clearly the hero community is going to have to be in a shambles after its' all said and done or they'd, y'know, actually -do- something about this "Dark Reign."

Default Baby skrull??

I searched for this but couldnt come up with anything.

Whatever happened to Luke Cage and Jessica Jones' baby following the Skrull invasion. I do recall a panel where we could see her eyes glowing, almost implying that she was alien too... Was that plot point just dropped or did it follow up later on and I missed it? Thanks

ArtistSmokerDrinkerLover Exodus22's Avatar

she's still around in New Avengers. I'm pretty sure they never followed up with the whole skrull thing-I think it was just a red herring. Talking of skrull babies though, whatever happened to Tigra and Skrulljackets' baby?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus22 View Post
    she's still around in New Avengers. I'm pretty sure they never followed up with the whole skrull thing-I think it was just a red herring. Talking of skrull babies though, whatever happened to Tigra and Skrulljackets' baby?
    It's there and doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistahman View Post
    I searched for this but couldnt come up with anything.

Whatever happened to Luke Cage and Jessica Jones' baby following the Skrull invasion. I do recall a panel where we could see her eyes glowing, almost implying that she was alien too... Was that plot point just dropped or did it follow up later on and I missed it? Thanks
    I'd love for there to be a knock on the door of Avengers Mansion with a skrull fleet demanding custody of the child. That would make a great Squirrel Girl done-in-one issue.

Like others have said, the Jessica Jones/Luke Cage Skrull Baby thing was a red herring.

As for Tigra and Skrullojacket's kid, he appeared recently in Avengers Academy... healthy and growing quickly. He has no Skrull DNA though, and is fully Tigra and Pym's kid. Since the way that the Skrulls disguised themselves made them almost entirely genetic duplicates of who they were replacing.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

I think Bendis stated in an interview that it was all misdirection with the baby.

The baby was not a Skrull, but she was kidnapped by Skull-Jarvis. They rescued her after Secret Invasion.

As for Tigra, she gave birth off-screen in the last issue of Avengers: Initiative. The baby is fine, somewhere.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calbretto View Post
    I think Bendis stated in an interview that it was all misdirection with the baby.
    And pretty lame misdirection, given that it was done solely with close-up panels

Very lame.

...So, um, why did her eyes glow? I guess it was a spike of her mutant powers manifesting... in infancy.. cue X-Men crossover in a few years..

They weren't glowing. They were just sparkling green eyes.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

so who has green eyes? Not Luke.. and so far it's never been stated that Jessica does..

Fantacrap=Fantasy + Crap zipppoww's Avatar

Default Is baby Cage a Skrull?

In all the madness that was Secret Invasion, I remember a moment there they hinted at the fact that the baby may be a skrull. I think it was a panel of the baby's eyes being green or something (not the normal part of the eye being green). I'm assuming that this is not going to be noted or address as the baby has shown to be "normal" so far and even had spider powers in the spider island event.

I'll look for the image, but does anyone else remember this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so who has green eyes? Not Luke.. and so far it's never been stated that Jessica does..
    Could be Jessica's mother, father or grandparents. Either ways, baby is probably not a Skrull. The tech has evolved where Skrulls are detectable (Spider-woman even had a device from SWORD that would detect them). For Baby to be a Skrull without being detected by this time, would be a huge gap in logic or a massive ball drop by the Avengers in general.