Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: ADVANCE PREVIEW: "Incredible Hulks" #623

Marvel has released an advance look at "Incredible Hulks" #623, by longtime series writer Greg Pak and his new creative partner, artist Dale Eaglesham. Prepare to enter "Planet Savage" on Wednesday, February 23!

Full article here.

Why did Elloe have her hair cut short? After that preview and I'm talking about hair. lol
    Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.

Women with short hair FTW.Sexy.

Did Kate and Betty ever meet in the past?

I really liked Pak's Planet Hulk books, but dropped the title 6 issues into Loeb Red Hulk fiasco.
    So do you think I can get back onboard with this issue? Or have I missed too much and will be lost in mid-story.
    (And if it means spending hours online, reading up on the crud Loeb wrote, forget about it).

I haven't really been following anything Hulk related in a while, so is Red She-Hulk good or bad now? And has there been any romantic tension between her and Bruce since it turns out she's Betty?
    "With Knowledge we built a city to rival heaven."

Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Did Kate and Betty ever meet in the past?
    Kate and Betty were both in the book around the same time in Incredible Hulk #287-290...ish. I don't own the issues anymore. From what I recall, General Ross teamed up with MODOK, which resulted MODOK kidnapping Kate and turning her into Ms. MODOK. (Really.) Bruce may have mentioned to Betty that he was seeing somebody else. As it was, Bruce and Betty weren't really together at that point, as they sort of split up after Bruce developed the ability to retain his intellect in Hulk form.

Of course, Kate fell out of Bruce's life after he turned into the mindless Hulk in issue #299, and then we didn't see her again until the WARBOUND series in 2008. That's almost 25 years without Kate!
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Is that Jen borrowing some of the Old Power, or maybe some Bannertech in her gloves? Sweet!

Cthulhu

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Is that Jen borrowing some of the Old Power, or maybe some Bannertech in her gloves? Sweet!
    I saw that as Hulk leaving with the Warbound, and putting a force field up around the ship while he was saying goodbye.

A follow up question (to the previous one no one has answered )
    If I start reading Incredible again, do I have to read the adjectiveless Hulk book as well?
    How closely are they linked?

the art is much improved over Pelletier and Kitson...however, I HATE it when artists draw the Hulk with no hair on the back or sides of his head...WTF! Is losing that hair part of the transformation? Stupid...

Looking forward to seeing Hulk's long awaited confrontation with Miek!

Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    A follow up question (to the previous one no one has answered )
    If I start reading Incredible again, do I have to read the adjectiveless Hulk book as well?
    How closely are they linked?
    At the moment, no, they're not linked. Banner shows up in HULK, but it's not relevant to Incredible.
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

So... The Warbound/The Hulk/Banner somehow thinks its appropriate to colonize an already settled land? I hope that Ka Zar kick's his green butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechano View Post
    the art is much improved over Pelletier and Kitson...however, I HATE it when artists draw the Hulk with no hair on the back or sides of his head...WTF! Is losing that hair part of the transformation? Stupid...
    Are you serious? Pelletier is a vastly superior artist than Eaglesham. He's like a dream amalgam of classic John Byrne and Alan Davis. Eaglesham's art is drab and lifeless in comparison, at least for me.
    "I was handed a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler."--Jack "King" Kirby