Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Mainstream Media Leaks "Fantastic" Death

In a move that's become routine for major shockers in the Marvel Comics Universe, news organizations across the country have started revealing the death at the heart of this week's "Fantastic Four" #587. SPOILERS ahead!

Full article here.

Damn marvel......
    The world's Number 1 Ghost Rider Fan!!!!
    Reading
    Mighty Avengers. Uncanny Avengers* Thunderbolts* Justice League(Forever Evil)

Can you really call it a leak when it's an official Press Release with interviews and everything?

Yeah, the media should have held off on releasing it this early. But it's Marvel's damn fault.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

I haven't been following the story, but I've been keeping track of the whole promotion. I had a feeling it was the Human Torch, especially after the recent Amazing Spider-Man solicitations were tying into the Three storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    I haven't been following the story, but I've been keeping track of the whole promotion. I had a feeling it was the Human Torch, especially after the recent Amazing Spider-Man solicitations were tying into the Three storyline.
    you might want to edit your post with spoiler tags , some people around here get really salty about spoilers lol.
    The world's Number 1 Ghost Rider Fan!!!!
    Reading
    Mighty Avengers. Uncanny Avengers* Thunderbolts* Justice League(Forever Evil)

BANNED

It was Johnny's turn, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff! View Post
    you might want to edit your post with spoiler tags , some people around here get really salty about spoilers lol.
    I think most were expecting this anyways...

Wasn't the whole thing about the book being released tomorrow supposed to avoid this? Who broke the NDA?
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Well, I guessed right. Then again, most of us did.
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

This is absurd. Who in the mainstream media even cares? Why give them the story so they can ruin it for both the fans and the writer? It's such a slap in the face.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Wasn't the whole thing about the book being released tomorrow supposed to avoid this? Who broke the NDA?
    Well technically if your in the midwest or east coast it is tomorrow already. Cannot say I am surprised its was Johnny's time and he had the least protection so this was obvious. I mean it obviously was not Ben seeing as he was in the fear itself promo and just got put on the new avengers.

Looks like I was right. Can't say I'm happy about it, though.

SPOILERS

It was fairly obvious from the beginning that was going to be Johnny. They've already done stories about Reed and Ben dying, so I figured they weren't going to do that again, even though I allowed for the possibility of Hickman throwing a curveball. Apparently, there are plans in store for Sue, so I figured she was safe.
    Last edited by Joker Venom; 01-24-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Well, I guessed right. Then again, most of us did.
    I dunno, a lot of people were guessing other characters. I only figured it was Johnny because he was a: the only one not to be previously dead, and b: the only one not to be immediately threatened with death in the last issue. Ben was vulnerable, Galactus was taking Reed's punk card, Sue was in the middle of Sarajevo in 1914...
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

-
    -
    -
    -

Poor Johnny.

I was hoping he would get more development in the future and mature further if Reed died (which seemed like the most obvious choice). Amazing Spidey #657's gonna be a sad issue for Spidey, losing his best friend in the superhero community.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 01-24-2011 at 10:40 PM.

At least Johnny might finally get some respect. He's been a waste of space for a really long time. I can't wait for Human Torch: Reignited!