Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    The release dates for Witchfinder: Volume 2 - Lost and Gone Forever and B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: Volume 2 - Gods and Monsters have both been moved forward to 11 January 2012.

Free gifts can be mailed to ...

Last edited by Bosco685; 12-31-2011 at 05:18 AM.

Default April 2012 solicitations

BALTIMORE - VOLUME 2: THE CURSE BELLS (Hardcover)
    Written by: Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden
    Art by: Ben Stenbeck
    Colours by: Dave Stewart
    Cover by: Mike Mignola

On sale June 13 (144 pages, $24.99)

A horrific ritual will create havoc on a small European town, as Lord Baltimore takes on the twisted blessing of vampiric nuns and an insane warlock!
    • By award–winning writers Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden.
    • New York Times bestseller!
    "Crisp, clean & drenched in blood!" —Comic Attack

B.P.R.D. HELL ON EARTH: THE LONG DEATH #3 (of 3)
    Written by: Mike Mignola and John Arcudi
    Art by: James Harren
    Cover by: Duncan Fegredo

On sale April 18 (32 pages, $3.50)

In a frozen camp full of slaughtered agents, two monstrous, long-running characters go head to head in a life-and-death battle!
    • From the pages of Hellboy!
    • The Wendigo vs. the Jaguar God!
    "Eighty issues in, and B.P.R.D. is still going strong." —Comic Book Resources

B.P.R.D. HELL ON EARTH: THE PICKENS COUNTY HORROR #2 (of 2)
    Written by: Mike Mignola and Scott Allie
    Art by: Jason Latour
    Cover by: Becky Cloonan

On sale April 25 (32 pages, $3.50)

A reclusive vampire clan and a deadly mist create one of the most disastrous missions our heroes have ever faced!
    • The most horrific B.P.R.D. in years!
    "The world has taken a turn for the apocalyptic — which makes the series title Hell on Earth an apt one." —USA Today

LOBSTER JOHNSON: THE BURNING HAND #4 (of 5)
    Written by: Mike Mignola and John Arcudi
    Art by: Tonči Zonjić
    Cover by: Dave Johnson
    Variant Cover by: Mike Mignola

On sale April 11 (32 pages, $3.50)

As dead gangsters bloody the floor of his secret hideout, crime-fighter Lobster Johnson goes head to head with the powerful Nazi boss—the Black Flame!
    • From the pages of Hellboy!
    • Art by Tonči Zonjić (Who Is Jake Ellis?)
    • Mike Mignola's Year of Monsters!
    "The mark of a truly successful comic book artist is the ability to take away all the dialogue balloons and have the reader still be able to follow the story purely through the emotions of the art. And Zonjić does just this perfectly." —Major Spoilers
    Last edited by Middenway; 01-11-2012 at 04:28 PM.

I remember there used to be a Hellboy.com chronological appearances section. This had pictures of each book cover, and then a summary of the content. Also, if the book contained 1st appearances of characters or not.

What happened to this content when the webmaster left? Did she take all the content with her?

Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid. - Franklin P. Jones

First you wanna kill me - now you wanna kiss me. Blow! -Ash

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco685 View Post
    I remember there used to be a Hellboy.com chronological appearances section.
    If you're asking where [url]www.hellboy.com[\url] (as being the official webspace to things Hellboy) has gone, I'd say it's gone (per 2009), having turned into www.theartofmikemignola.com.

I'd say there has also since long been an official forum space, hosted through CBR, being this forum, being not an ordinary CBR forum, but an officially hosted one, as being specified as such, by both CBR as well as the priorly mentioned Mignola site?

This forum will be hosting a slew of information already (try the search function and you will see this forum combined with the initial Drawing Board one dating back to 1997 at least as far as I could tell).
    Examples being for instance this Chronological Reading Order list, although there'll be lots of other stuff.

Or try the links as given through the official Mignola site, among which the All Things Hellboy site.

Of course the Dark Horse website will be a great source for all Hellboy-related publications plus cover pics, edition info and even previews.

Another official source for any Hellboy reading would be the Hellboy Companion, made under guidance of the people publishing the Hellboy books, published by Dark Horse as of 2008.

Although I would really think that nothing will be presenting the books or the Hellboy-related continuity as properly or as powerfully or as vitally as just the stories themselves.
    Complete with all the first appearances both as any later ones. Stories presenting themselves as only they could.

As if aside of the books, one effectively wouldn't really be needing anything else, except some good lighting or at least enough of the time of day, decent posture, if not some refreshments, a little music and that would be that: joyful bliss eternal.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 01-15-2012 at 12:16 PM. Reason: almost forgot the music.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    If you're asking where [url]www.hellboy.com[\url] (as being the official webspace to things Hellboy) has gone, I'd say it's gone (per 2009), having turned into www.theartofmikemignola.com.
    Thanks Kees. I appreciate all that information.

This was a very nicely laid out visual chronological library, and didn't require much searching at all to piece everything together. I guess when Mignola was changing the site over, the content went with the old site. What a shame.

But I do need to get a copy of the Hellboy Companion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    As if aside of the books, one effectively wouldn't really be needing anything else, except some good lighting or at least enough of the time of day, decent posture, if not some refreshments, a little music and that would be that: joyful bliss eternal.
    You sure aren't kidding. But it would be nice to have the old content back. It made it easy to piece together the publication run, with clarifications from Mignola.
    Last edited by Bosco685; 01-15-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco685 View Post
    But I do need to get a copy of the Hellboy Companion.
    Yes you do. There is a wealth of good information contained in that book and tons of great illustrations.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_B View Post
    Yes you do. There is a wealth of good information contained in that book and tons of great illustrations.
    Thanks Gary. Now I'm even more motivated to track this book down.

Updated the Upcoming Trade Paperbacks section.

Default 3 Years Old!

On this day three years ago, I started this thread on the Dark Horse forums. It was moved here, eventually. But yeah, 3 years old now and I've managed to keep it pretty well updated most of the time, I think.
    Last edited by Middenway; 01-31-2012 at 05:26 PM.

It's come to my attention that I misrepresented the BPRD Center Blog in the Useful Links section. Hopefully, I've fixed it up now. As far as I know, it is the only blog dedicated to Mike Mignola's work that's regularly updated. I don't speak French, so I'm missing out on a lot here (Google translate does not do it justice, I'm afraid), but I still get a lot out of this site.

Great find Middenway, luckily I read french because i'm from Quebec, this blog is awesome!

Oh and the blogger is clearly upset that people use his blog for pictures ect and then they neglect to quote him as the source.

Also apparently it was advertised in the useful links section as being "non english" and didnt even mention that it was in French.
    Last edited by Jelio; 01-31-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelio View Post
    Also apparently it was advertised in the useful links section as being "non english" and didnt even mention that it was in French.
    Yes, my bad. I didn't give much thought to that blurb when I wrote it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelio View Post
    Oh and the blogger is clearly upset that people use his blog for pictures ect and then they neglect to quote him as the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    Yes, my bad. I didn't give much thought to that blurb when I wrote it.
    Well, I would think that stipulating any website to not being in English - being the primary international language pretty much exclusively - would hardly be implying malice or disrespect by itself.

As the blogger goes off to have it sound as if the Francophone communty as a whole is being slandered for saying the site would not be in English. Which seems over the top un petit peu, since the site žs "only in French" meaning: not in any other language than French.
    Which wouldn't have to be too derogatory or condescending for a remark, since why would there have to be anything wrong or bad about French...?
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Added the Hellboy Library Edition - Volume 5 to Upcoming Trade Paperbacks
    Last edited by Middenway; 02-12-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Updated Future Projects with Tyler Crook's untitled 5-issue story after The Devil's Engine. I assume it will begin in August, but I'll leave it dated unknown until there's a date from a reliable source.
    Last edited by Middenway; 02-17-2012 at 09:09 PM.