Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Default January 2013 solicitations

This may not be the complete soliciations, but thanks to the advance exclusives here's what we know so far...

HELLBOY IN HELL #2
    By: Mike Mignola
    Colours by: Dave Stewart
    Cover by: Mike Mignola

On sale January 2, 2013, (32 pages, $3.50)

In Pandemonium, the dead wait for Hellboy to claim his throne, but is he interested . . .?

Mike Mignola returns to draw Hellboy’s ongoing story for the first time since Conqueror Worm. It’s a story only Mignola could tell, as more of Hellboy’s secrets are revealed.

• Mike Mignola writes and draws Hellboy!
    • Death was only the beginning.

B.P.R.D. HELL ON EARTH #103: THE ABYSS OF TIME — PART 1 (of 2)
    Written by: Mike Mignola and Scott Allie
    Art by: James Harren
    Cover by: James Harren

On sale January 9, 2013, (32 pages, $3.50)

A group of agents enter an abandoned warehouse in Chicago, only to discover the site of a hundred-year-old magical ritual and an old Hyperborean weapon, which leads to shocking revelations about man’s prehistory and the legacy of the Ogdru Hem!

B.P.R.D.: 1948 #4 (of 5)
    Written by: Mike Mignola and John Arcudi
    Art by: Max Fiumara
    Cover by: Dave Johnson

On sale January 16, 2013, (32 pages, $3.50)

All signs point to the mysterious element discovered in the desert as the source of the horrific monsters entering our world as Bureau agents hunt down the creature that started this chaos.
    Last edited by Middenway; 01-07-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Hellboy is one of my fav comic book super-heroes. I really enjoyed the movies, and one day I saw "The troll witch" on a fnac. I bought by curiosity and I loved even more, then I saw a guy selling the volumes 1, 2, 3 and 4 really cheap and I bought. I wish I could collect more, but unfortunetly there ain't many comic trade in my contry. At least I know the "bases", but if there's a really good graphic novel besides those I said, I'd be glad if you advise me.

Quote Originally Posted by victor_strange View Post
    Hellboy is one of my fav comic book super-heroes. I really enjoyed the movies, and one day I saw "The troll witch" on a fnac. I bought by curiosity and I loved even more, then I saw a guy selling the volumes 1, 2, 3 and 4 really cheap and I bought. I wish I could collect more, but unfortunetly there ain't many comic trade in my contry. At least I know the "bases", but if there's a really good graphic novel besides those I said, I'd be glad if you advise me.
    Where are you from Victor?
    We have a lot of out of the US Boardies, probably one can help you!

Welcome to the boards!

Hey David! I'm from Guimarăes, what about you?

Updated Future Projects

Updated again with more updates by Saturday.

Updated the Upcoming Trade Paperbacks section. A Cold Day in Hell and Wasteland will be collected together since both stories have Dave Johnson as the cover artist, and Scott Allie already said that The Pickens County Horror and The Transformation of J.H. O'Donnell would be collected with a two-issue story written by him with James Harren on art duties, so that's pretty obviously The Abyss of Time. And Lobster Johnson - Volume 3 is going to collect all the short stories before another big arc by Tonci Zonjic. There's certainly enough material to fill that trade now, so that's probably it for that trade.

Incidentally, the sketchbook section for B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: The Devil's Engine & The Long Death is enormous at 27 pages. You can preview some of it on Amazon.
    Last edited by Middenway; 10-22-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by victor_strange View Post
    Victor have you thought about going digital? I didn't think I'd like digital but Dark Horse really nailed it especially if you have a tablet.

Default February 2013 solicitations

HELLBOY IN HELL #3
    By: Mike Mignola
    Cover by: Mike Mignola

On sale February 6, 2013, (32 pages, $3.50)

Hellboy meets more of his family members, and it’s not a fond reunion, as blood sprays through the air in Hell.
    • This is what it’s all been building to!
    • Mike Mignola writes and draws Hellboy!
    • Featuring one of the strangest twists ever!

B.P.R.D. HELL ON EARTH #104: THE ABYSS OF TIME — PART 2 (of 2)
    Written by: Mike Mignola and Scott Allie
    Art by: James Harren
    Cover by: James Harren

On sale February 13, 2013, (32 pages, $3.50)

Transported back to the Prehistoric times, a B.P.R.D. agent finds himself among a tribe of cavemen locked in battle with a group of monsters and the evil god they worship.
    • From the pages of Hellboy!
    • Written by Mike Mignola!
    A spectrum between Mike Allred’s razor-sharp line work and Jeff Lemire’s fleshy faces, illustrator James Harren has carved out a style that Paul Pope fans should be able to appreciate.” —Comics Alliance

B.P.R.D.: 1948 #5 (of 5)
    Written by: Mike Mignola and John Arcudi
    Art by: Max Fiumara
    Cover by: Dave Johnson

On sale February 20, 2013, (32 pages, $3.50)

Paranoia plagues members of the team as one scientist begins to suspect Bureau members are being replaced by beings from another universe.
    • A direct lead-in to next month’s B.P.R.D.: Vampire by Gabriel Bá and Fábio Moon.
    Fiumara has a delightfully weird figure style that's distinct but still fits in with the long-established aesthetic of the Hellboy and B.P.R.D. comics.” —Comics Alliance

BALTIMORE: THE WIDOW AND THE TANK
    Written by: Christopher Golden, Mike Mignola
    Art by: Ben Stenbeck
    Cover by: Ben Stenbeck

On sale February 20, 2013, (32 pages, $3.50)

Eisner Award–winning horror master Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden present this horrific double feature about a widow with a not-quite-dead husband and a child-killing vampire taking refuge from something even worse.
    It still takes something special to impose a unifying vision, and Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden have got it.” —The Wall Street Journal
    These Baltimore miniseries over at Dark Horse have provided us with the type of genuine Gothic horror that we crave . . . this is a great read.” —Complex
    Last edited by Middenway; 01-07-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Mike Mignola mentioned the future of Baltimore briefly in a short interview. The Upcoming Baltimore Stories section has been updated with these details (the contents of the fourth trade).

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    Mike Mignola mentioned the future of Baltimore briefly in a short interview. The Upcoming Baltimore Stories section has been updated with these details (the contents of the fourth trade).
    Baltimore 3 is going to be rather thick, isn't it? Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    Baltimore 3 is going to be rather thick, isn't it? Yay.
    No, about the same. It's five issues worth of stories, plus an eight-page short story.

Oh. Still, the sketchbook...

Starting some time next year will be a five-issue James Harren story. That'll be fun.

Default 2013

2013 is going to be the biggest year in the Hellboy universe yet.

Here's what's coming:
    Hellboy in Hell #2-4 - 3 issues
    B.P.R.D.: 1948 #4-5 - 2 issues
    B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: The Abyss of Time - 2 issues
    Sledgehammer '44 - 2 issues
    B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: A Cold Day in Hell - 2 issues
    B.P.R.D.: Vampire - 5 issues
    B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: Wasteland - 3 issues
    Lobster Johnson: A Scent of a Lotus - 2 issues
    Lobster Johnson: Satan Smells a Rat - 1 issue

That's what's been announced so far. Twenty-two issues. Not to mention we already know B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth is an ongoing monthly comic, which nudges that total up to twenty-seven. To put that in perspective, the biggest years in the Hellboy universe have had around twenty-eight issues worth of material. Past years have even had as little as two.

And the year hasn't even started yet. So far, aside from B.P.R.D. stuff, they've announced what's on schedule up to March. Beyond that, we already know 2013 is the year set for Abe Sapien's return, so expect an Abe Sapien miniseries or two. And Tonci Zonjic's next stint on Lobster Johnson is likely to kick-off before the end of the year. Not to mention Duncan Fegredo is hard at work on the next Hellboy OGN, The Midnight Circus. Considering the last OGN was the equivalent of two issues, I think it's likely it'll come out in 2013.

So, there are big things ahead. 2013 is going to be a very exciting year.

EDIT: You can add at least 5 issues of Abe Sapien to that too.
    Last edited by Middenway; 01-01-2013 at 07:47 PM.