Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Added both the miniseries mentioned by John Arcudi in The Next Issue podcast.

Just wanted to say thanks for this list! I'm at the end of Hellboy 4 now, so I'm glad I found this thread. Looks like I should pick up BPRD 1 next, since it was published when the stories that comprise Hellboy 4 were published.

Quote Originally Posted by NaveenM View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for this list! I'm at the end of Hellboy 4 now, so I'm glad I found this thread. Looks like I should pick up BPRD 1 next, since it was published when the stories that comprise Hellboy 4 were published.
    Thanks. Glad it was useful for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NaveenM View Post
    Actually you should probably get Hellboy 5 next as the main story, "The Hollow Earth", in the first BPRD book spins off the end of Hellboy: The Conquerer Worm.

You can go either way really, but if you do read BPRD 1 before Conqueror Worm, you should skip the first story in that collection, Hollow Earth. The early stories do have a bit of jumping back and forth between trades, but this becomes less of a problem as the series evolves. You don't have to read Abe Sapien versus Science before Conqueror Worm, but I think it's more satisfying to do so. It's a nice prelude, but not essential reading.

Default January 2012 solicitations

B.P.R.D. HELL ON EARTH: RUSSIA #5 (of 5)
    Written by: Mike Mignola and John Arcudi
    Art by: Tyler Crook
    Colours by: Dave Stewart
    Cover by: Dave Johnson

On sale January 25 (32 pages, $3.50)

After a brutal assault from proletariat zombies, the B.P.R.D. and the Russian bureau must form an alliance in order to rescue Johann from a deadly mine!
    Is there a more talented supernatural comics storyteller than Mike Mignola?”—Wired.com
    This is among the best in modern serialized comics.”—iFanboy

DARK HORSE PRESENTS #8
    Features An Unmarked Grave by John Arcudi, Mike Mignola and Duncan Fegredo. On sale January 18 (80 pages, $7.99) with a cover by Duncan Fegredo.

LOBSTER JOHNSON: THE BURNING HAND #1 (of 5)
    Art by: Tonci Zonjic
    Variant Cover by: Mike Mignola

On sale January 11 (32 pages, $3.50)

When a tribe of phantom Indians start scalping policemen, Hellboy’s crime-fighting hero Lobster Johnson and his allies arrive to take on these foes and their gangster cronies!

In addition to these, there will be a paperback version of B.P.R.D.: Plague of Frogs - Volume 1 on sale March 28 for $24.99.

Played with the formatting a bit. All the information is still there, just in different places, mainly so I can have a single post dedicated to Future Projects.

Added B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: The Long Death into Future Projects.

Added The Transformation of J.H. O'Donnell, a one-shot story by Scott Allie and Mike Mignola with art by Max Fiumara. I'm not sure if it's a Hell on Earth title or not, but since it's supposed to be about why Professor O'Donnell became so crazy, I'm assuming for now that it's just a plain old B.P.R.D. title.
    Last edited by Middenway; 11-14-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Default February 2012 Solicitations

B.P.R.D. HELL ON EARTH: THE LONG DEATH #1 (of 3)
    Art by: James Harren
    Cover by: Duncan Fegredo

On sale February 15 (32 pages, $3.50)

A B.P.R.D. task force is assembled to solve a new series of disappearances in the deadly woods from New World. As the team works together to find the monster responsible, tensions arise over one another’s loyalties!
    • From the pages of Hellboy!
    • Year of Monsters variant cover by Mike Mignola.
    Eighty issues in, and B.P.R.D. is still going strong.”—Comic Book Resources

DARK HORSE PRESENTS #9
    Features Tony Masso’s Finest Hour by Mike Mignola and Joe Querio. On sale February 22 (80 pages, $7.99) with a cover by Mike Mignola.

LOBSTER JOHNSON: THE BURNING HAND #2 (of 5)

On sale February 8 (32 pages, $3.50)

With a city swamped in dead gangsters with claws branded into their foreheads, mob boss Arnie Wald seeks the assistance of a deadly mystic and her strange partner to take down the vigilante known as Lobster Johnson!

Zonjic knows how to draw crime comics with the best of them.”—ComicsAlliance

+B.P.R.D.: Plague of Frogs - Volume 3 (Hardcover) on sale April 4 for $34.99

Updated with the new BPRD projects The Devil’s Engine and Exorcism.

I'm still doubtful that The Transformation of J.H. O’Donnell is a Hell on Earth title since it's set 24 years earlier. It would make sense if it was a flashback within a modern framing sequence. We'll have to wait and see. I've got it listed as a Hell on Earth title now though.

UPDATE:
    Found an article with this paragraph:
    An additional one-shot currently scheduled for the B.P.R.D. is one fans have been asking a lot about since they heard rumor of it. Entitled The Transformation of J.H. O'Donnell, this story deals with the current events within the B.P.R.D. but is mostly a flashback story. "O'Donnell is a character from the book who appears to be completely nuts, and the reason he's nuts is he knows everything about the Lovecraft stuff," Allie said. "We've never explained why he's like that. O'Donnell and Hellboy went on a research mission back in the late '80s. It should have been a pretty simple thing, to retrieve some books from a necromancer who'd died. They go into the necromancer's house and get separated and all Hell breaks loose. O'Donnell went crazy that night. It was on a B.P.R.D. mission so they've taken care of him since then." But The Transformation of J.H. O'Donnell will show readers just what happened that night to drive O'Donnell over the edge.
    So I guess that answers that question.
    Last edited by Middenway; 01-29-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Updates the trades section with The Devil Does Not Jest and Other Stories release date. Keep in mind, this information is from Amazon, so the release date is (as is usually the case) actually a month earlier. I'll change it when I get the real release date from solicitations.

Added further updates regarding the dates of The Long Death, The Pickens County Horror, The Devil's Engine and The Transformation of J.H. O'Donnell. Also updated the length of Exorcism from Cameron Stewart's tweet.
    Last edited by Middenway; 11-22-2011 at 02:33 PM.

The Being Human trade comes out tomorrow, two weeks early.

That is cool .Now i have to work to aford this books this is the bad sad of this for me .
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

Default March 2012 Solicitations

ABE SAPIEN VOLUME 2: THE DEVIL DOES NOT JEST AND OTHER STORIES TP
    Art by: James Harren, Patric Reynolds, Peter Snejbjerg
    Cover by: Mike Mignola

On sale May 9 (144 pages, $17.99)

Paranormal crime scenes wreak havoc on Abe Sapien as he investigates a recluse demonologist’s evil house, a haunted lake, and a sunken Soviet U-boat filled with zombies!
    • Abe gets his hands dirty in these early adventures!
    If you’re a fan of horror and suspense in the vein of H.P. Lovecraft like I am, then you’ll thoroughly enjoy this miniseries.” —Comic Book Movie

B.P.R.D. HELL ON EARTH: THE LONG DEATH #2 (of 3)
    Art by: James Harren
    Cover by: Duncan Fegredo

(On sale March 21, 32 pages, $3.50)

Agent Johann Kraus, the ectoplasmic man, leads a special task force through monster-filled northwestern woods packed with mangled campers in order to hunt and kill the man he blames for the host body he lost in Killing Ground.
    • It’s all Going to Hell in 2012!
    Illustrator James Harren has carved out a style that Paul Pope fans should be able to appreciate.” —Comics Alliance

B.P.R.D. HELL ON EARTH: THE PICKENS COUNTY HORROR #1 (of 2)
    Written by :Mike Mignola and Scott Allie
    Art by: Jason Latour
    Cover by: Becky Cloonan

(On sale Mar 28, 32 pages, $3.50)

As the world goes to hell, a backwoods vampire clan shelters themselves in their Gothic southern home, covered in fog and fungal horror, ready to create havoc for a trespassing B.P.R.D. crew.
    • The most horrific B.P.R.D. in years!
    Near Dark meets Night of the Living Dead!
    • Mike Mignola’s Year of Monsters!
    Allie generates a suitable mood of foreboding and horror.” —IGN

LOBSTER JOHNSON: THE BURNING HAND #3 (of 5)
    Written by :Mike Mignola and Scott Allie

(On sale March 14, 32 pages, $3.50)

A fiery menace is turning the city into an inferno, and only Lobster Johnson and his league of crime fighters can put an end to these paranormal horrors.
    • Art by Tonci Zonjic (Who Is Jake Ellis?).
    “Lobster Johnson has all the action and nostalgia that makes Hellboy fun, distilled into one glorious book.” —Comic Book Resources
    Last edited by Middenway; 12-09-2011 at 02:26 PM.