Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Decided to buy the first 3 trades and I loved it! The story is so engaging. Mike Carey does not disappoint.

I'm still trying to decide whether to wait for trades or buy it monthly.

I just started reading this! I can see why this is critically acclaimed!

I only read superhero books so this is a nice change. Thinking of reading Fables next.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

I love this book! I hope it's true that they're going to do graphic novels based on all the Tommy books. I personally cannot wait to read Tommy Taylor and The Second Coming.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    I love this book! I hope it's true that they're going to do graphic novels based on all the Tommy books. I personally cannot wait to read Tommy Taylor and The Second Coming.
    There's a mini-series/event starting soon with a second Unwritten title.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There's a mini-series/event starting soon with a second Unwritten title.
    Say what now?

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    Say what now?
    I think maybe he or she meant the .5 issues that are coming out soon? Cause that's all I can think of related to The Unwritten that is coming up.

Edit: either that or confusing The Unwritten with, uh, Fables? Fables is getting a second ongoing right? Or maybe he or she has inside knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    Say what now?
    Quote Originally Posted by henryfish View Post
    I think maybe he or she meant the .5 issues that are coming out soon? Cause that's all I can think of related to The Unwritten that is coming up.

Edit: either that or confusing The Unwritten with, uh, Fables? Fables is getting a second ongoing right? Or maybe he or she has inside knowledge.
    It's the .5 issues. It's a mini event thing coming up in November. It will be published twice monthly with issue #31, followed by #31.5 followed by issue #32, followed by issue #32.5, ETC., till issue 36.

Considering the end of #30, I think that is going to be amazing!

They explained in the letters pages in issue 30 (which was another great issue BTW) that these will be tangent stories like the Rudyard Kipling issue. With some amazing artists doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    They explained in the letters pages in issue 30 (which was another great issue BTW) that these will be tangent stories like the Rudyard Kipling issue. With some amazing artists doing them.
    I know, I'm so excited! This is going to be a wonderful ride!

I thought this last issue was a great wrap up to the Tinker story.

So, the 4th trade has finally been released and I read it yesterday, it covers issues 19 to 24. I'm going to go to my LCS today to see if I can find enough back issues to get caught up.

It was good. I think on the whole a little weaker than the third trade, which is so far my favorite, but still solid. I like that as the story progresses you can definitely see Tom maturing. Also, the Pauly Bruckner story at the end was awesome. I really hope they keep throwing those in.

I almost hate myself for writing this, but the XM8 never went into production. Just guessing Carey played a video game with it in the game?

Although given the metafictional nature of the series, I guess it could work on that level, but somehow, I don't think it was supposed to.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    I almost hate myself for writing this, but the XM8 never went into production. Just guessing Carey played a video game with it in the game?

Although given the metafictional nature of the series, I guess it could work on that level, but somehow, I don't think it was supposed to.
    Well, it was a shady arms dealer selling a custom XM8 - possibly he has a shady arms factory making them based off of stolen and customized designs. That'll work!

Also, great issue. I miss Perker from air, was nice to see his finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It's the .5 issues. It's a mini event thing coming up in November. It will be published twice monthly with issue #31, followed by #31.5 followed by issue #32, followed by issue #32.5, ETC., till issue 36.
    .5? Seriously? I hate Marvel for coming up decimal issue numbers.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    .5? Seriously? I hate Marvel for coming up decimal issue numbers.
    Yeah, what's wrong with simply switching to bi-weekly? #31 & #32 in the same month. In this case I guess it serves some minor purpose - the .5 issues are by guest artists and sort of "side issues" so this identifies them more clearly.