Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Issue #25;
    So Mr. Bun was one of Tommy's toys. Interesting.
    I like the exposition dialog explaining the discovery of the source. It's help keep things straight in my mind. On the other hand Tom acting like a stupid jerk wondering around and making noise while they are trying to steal the diaries was inane.
    Speaking of that fragile gob of goo in my head. I can't recall the resolution of the puppet lady with Savoy and Lizzy. The obviously don't recall the events, but do we know what they are set up to do?
    1. Mr. Bun was also part of a story he enjoyed as a child.
    2. They were given "lines" to speak to Tommy when they "know" the time is right to shape what the Cabal want in the future of the "story".
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    1. Mr. Bun was also part of a story he enjoyed as a child.
    2. They were given "lines" to speak to Tommy when they "know" the time is right to shape what the Cabal want in the future of the "story".
    Thanks. I wonder if the stairwell is full of forgotten or abandoned characters?
    I am still bugged by Tom's behavior in this issue. I hate it when I am reading or watching something and keep saying, "Stop acting like a moron!"

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Love this book!

Yuko's covers are amazing--I hope they let her draw an issue! My favorite bits so far:

The scene where the publisher of the Tommy Taylor books fakes out the Cabal by printing a fake final Tommy book, and the. Rips it up in front of the media and produces the real final book which he had privately published!

The brief scene from Tommy Taylor and the Day of Judgement. I really hope its true that Vertigo is going to put out a series of graphic novels about the fictional Tommy!

How cool is it that readers worldwide are the source of Tommy's power? Do your part and read--anything!

Edit: in what issue was it revealed that Mr. Buns was one of Tommy's toys?
    Last edited by blackphoenix; 05-26-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    Edit: in what issue was it revealed that Mr. Buns was one of Tommy's toys?
    The most recent.

Just finished the Pick-A-Story issue about Lizzie (#17). Fucking brilliant. It was like I was a kid reading Choose Your Own Adventure stuff again.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    Just finished the Pick-A-Story issue about Lizzie (#17). Fucking brilliant. It was like I was a kid reading Choose Your Own Adventure stuff again.
    That was one of my favorite issues. Did you read it all the different ways you could?

I read it twice, so I'm guessing not yet.

I think there's 4 endings with 6-8 ways to get there. I'll have to check.

There's the good dad/bad dad endings, the "real" ending, and the "bad" ending.

I really want to know who he was before he became Mr. Bun.
    Mr. Bun was the man who Tom saw his father punching when he was a kid. He was sent by the Cabal to pressure Wilson. His name, Bruckner, is mentioned in the Lizzy's Pick-a-Story issue, as she sees him arguing with Wilson at Villa Diodati.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Mr. Bun was the man who Tom saw his father punching when he was a kid. He was sent by the Cabal to pressure Wilson. His name, Bruckner, is mentioned in the Lizzy's Pick-a-Story issue, as she sees him arguing with Wilson at Villa Diodati.
    Oh snap! Totally missed that. One thing that is a certainty is that Mr. Bun will come back later and be relevant to the larger plot -- to me, that's one of the cool things about Carey, the way he weaves seemingly less significant characters back into the plot many issues later, yet now with much greater importance to the main story.
    Print buying: Vertigo and other "mainstream alternative" fare. Digital buying: classic DC, current Image, Boom!, Monkeybrain, etc.

Well I've only read the current issue once but I recall Tommy snagging up Mr. Bun from the toy chest. At the very least, he was predominantly shown.

Mr. Bun would be a fucking bad ass Chekhov's gun in this tale. Pullman vs. Mr Bun. I want this to happen! Mr. Bun can solve Tom's problem with Pullman. On that note, it was nice seeing some backstory on Pullman. Also, the puppet lady appears to be more of a consultant to the Cabal. Interesting.

BANNED

What is up with the sparkly vampire in the last issue? or ami the only one who noticed it? maybe it was some meta joke or something.

Not happy i'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by pariah-1972 View Post
    What is up with the sparkly vampire in the last issue? or ami the only one who noticed it? maybe it was some meta joke or something.

Not happy i'm sorry
    What are you talking about?

BANNED

What are you talking about?
    Savoy sparkled last issue in the dark and he is a vampire.

Also anyone wanna explain the meaning behind the talking animal issue where they were climbing up all those stairs? the rabbit said Tommy's dad sent him there and probably made him into a rabbit (i'm assuming)

And now we get the addition of a comics-as-story twist. Just when you thought the book couldn't get any MORE meta...