Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Bagley, Yu Cover "Death of Spider-Man"

Marvel Comics has unveiled two new covers from the upcoming "Death of Spider-Man" set to hit the Ultimate Marvel Universe in early 2011, one by Spidey artist Mark Bagley and the other by Leinil Francis Yu.

Full article here.

~Desperate Househusband~ Phoenix's Avatar

If they really kill UMU Parker, it will be the last straw for the UMU for me. It's the last title standing from the line on my pull list. What a crock, he's the only good Ultimate Character left and still in a book! Loeb destroyed this universe!
    Cyclops was RIGHT!

bagley is back!!!!!!!! his cover looks fantastic imo
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

i also love yu paying homagge to one of my favorite covers

2 of my favorite artists absolutely killing it. Great ASM 129 homage.

And lets give it up for Bagley drawing ultimate Iron Man in the right armor. (all the artists doing UIM in faux-616 armor drive me crazy ~ i wouldn't ahve a problem with them updating the UIM in a way that makes sense with the original aesthetic, but when the just darw it as pretty much the 616 armor, well, that's just lazy IMHO.)

my only gripe would be Yu's Spidey looks a little to 616 (small eyes, more adult physique)

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post
    2 of my favorite artists absolutely killing it. Great ASM 129 homage.

And lets give it up for Bagley drawing ultimate Iron Man in the right armor. (all the artists doing UIM in faux-616 armor drive me crazy ~ i wouldn't ahve a problem with them updating the UIM in a way that makes sense with the original aesthetic, but when the just darw it as pretty much the 616 armor, well, that's just lazy IMHO.)
    Agreed, the UU version of Iron Man has always been my favorite design, its nice to see it pop up again.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

yeah. i like how they're actually using the UU version as well. bagley is keepin it real

Well, at least this--along with the preview for issue #1 of UAvNU--conclusively proves that Cap's shield has been rebuilt. The question is, why is Iron Man back in his "Ultimate" armor when he's using the movie version in the previous cover previews?

Maybe Spider-Man will literally die? Or his experience in dodging bullets will help him this time not receiving any?
    As said, great homage
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Junior Member UltimateMarvel_Fan501's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post

I hear you there. Couldn't agree more.

I kind of think this whole thing is going to have a lot to do with the crazy spider-man Millar created getting lose and them not being able to tell the difference between Peter and the crazy one. Just a guess. Doesn't he have some psychic abilities?

Yeah, "The Spider" sub-plot hasn't been touched upon by Millar since the second arc of Ultimate Avengers. That character has to tie into this story somehow.

Yu's cover is awesome!!!!! I love the Homage to the Classic Spidey Cover...

And even though I am not a fan of Bagley's art...I have to admit he did a really great job on that cover. It's great to see Stark back in his Ultimate Armor.

Great! Bagley is back!
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

Sweet Covers.

The only thing I really want to know is how they get Punisher back on the Avengers team.

Well, looks like Bagley still has it after all. After seeing his cover for USM #150 (though, I think it was drawn years ago), I wasn't sure how his return would work out. BUT, this proves that he's going to pull out all the stops for this. Thor's face is a little strange, but the rest of it is almost perfect. I honestly think that Iron Man on that cover looks better than he has since Hitch last drew him in 2007. And THANK GOD he's back in the right armor! And, of course, Spider-man looks fantastic.

I was skeptical at first, but now I'm sold. Bagley's home!

What's really surprising is that I think Bagley actually beat Yu here; but his cover is great, too.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others