Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Flash Facts: "Flashpoint" Teasers Clarified

DC Comics provides a few answers to the questions raised by yesterday's teaser images for the upcoming "Flashpoint" event by writer Geoff Johns and artist Andy Kubert, though new mysteries have been revealed.

Full article here.

Hammer Wielding Member thinbalion's Avatar

So it's the Flash that's missing his ring, not Green Lantern...

And does this mean that Hawkwoman and Aquaman shacked up... there be some drama ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by thinbalion View Post
    So it's the Flash that's missing his ring, not Green Lantern...

And does this mean that Hawkwoman and Aquaman shacked up... there be some drama ahead.
    Wonder Woman, not Hawkwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by ReservoirDawgs View Post
    Wonder Woman, not Hawkwoman.
    Yeah I thought that at first too... but it looks really off to be Wonder Woman... eh what do I know...

I have to agree with the Hawkwoman idea.

The symbol for Aquaman has the blue earth the bird/"W" symbol has a red planet.

I realize the article says it's a redesigned WW symbol but I'm not sure it's accurate.

I do remember that there was a foreshadowing around Infinite Crisis or one of those things that had a future where WW was married so maybe they're finally getting to that but we just had that whole series of DC covers that displayed the characters symbol and WW's didn't look like that at all.

I'm not against it as a new symbol but for me I see a hawk and and "W" and I'm thinking "Hawkwoman".

Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar

Just a guess: "Where is his ring" could mean that Barry isn't married to Iris anymore.
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

Wait...maybe I'm wrong...is Flashpoint an alternate reality storyline?

I saw this image and that got me thinking it's not canon based

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2.../flsv2_1_2.jpg

So that would explain an altered WW symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by I-Ching View Post

I realize the article says it's a redesigned WW symbol but I'm not sure it's accurate.

I do remember that there was a foreshadowing around Infinite Crisis or one of those things that had a future where WW was married so maybe they're finally getting to that but we just had that whole series of DC covers that displayed the characters symbol and WW's didn't look like that at all.

I'm not against it as a new symbol but for me I see a hawk and and "W" and I'm thinking "Hawkwoman".
    Yep, my thinking exactly. I suppose there is the eagle imagery to consider if it is Wonder Woman. But what about the color? Shouldn't me a cleaner golden color if it is Wonder Woman?

Besides I think Hawkwoman would be way more fun, the arranged marriage angle, and her true love Hawkman on the side... heh

Wait...maybe I'm wrong...is Flashpoint an alternate reality storyline?

I saw this image and that got me thinking it's not canon based

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2.../flsv2_1_2.jpg

So that would explain an altered WW symbol.
    yeah. With the reality shifts she's undergone already in her own series, I was pretty sure it was Wonder Woman they were talking about despite the different looking W
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

I thought it was WW first as well, but I think the Hawkwoman angle is very possible. And while the article states it's a redesigned wonder woman logo, that appears to be conjecture on the part of the author and not confirmation from DC.
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

J Ultra: Provocateur storyofaboy's Avatar

has it been confirmed that's an aquaman symbol? i kind of thought superman. it has the red, yellow, and blue... and looks like an inverted version of the S shield...

Quote Originally Posted by storyofaboy View Post
    has it been confirmed that's an aquaman symbol? i kind of thought superman. it has the red, yellow, and blue... and looks like an inverted version of the S shield...
    Probably. But it kinds of similar to this symbol:

Just for fun, a logo comparison of WW and Hawkgirl:

WW:

Hawkgirl:

I'm more leaning to WW, since the teaser is focused on the Big Seven. But it still could be interpreted either way, I think.

Valued Member Since 2008 semicyon's Avatar

Default Wonder Woman or Hawkwoman?

Well, Wonder Woman is a princess and Aquaman is a King and it makes more sense that two earth-bound cultures might have a political marriage to prevent a war. Is Hawkwoman in any position of political relevance? Hawkgirl was a ruler in a previous lifetime centuries earlier but not so much these days. BTW do atlanteans in DC worship the greek gods like their Marvel counterparts?

Valued Member Since 2008 semicyon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thinbalion View Post
    Yep, my thinking exactly. I suppose there is the eagle imagery to consider if it is Wonder Woman. But what about the color? Shouldn't me a cleaner golden color if it is Wonder Woman?

Besides I think Hawkwoman would be way more fun, the arranged marriage angle, and her true love Hawkman on the side... heh
    Well, ALL the logos presented have similar digital surface treatments. Also, if it's an arranged marriage, it's nice that the gold of the Aquaman symbol and the bird symbol are the same.

BTW- I'm probably being pedantic but the "WW" was a stylized bird image from the beginning, anyway. If it is a redesigned symbol for wonder woman, it's just a little less abstracted.