Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: "Danger Girl" Takes On "Army of Darkness"

Dynamite and IDW have announced the return of J. Scott Campbell's Abbey Chase in "Danger Girl and the Army of Darkness," a n April-debuting miniseries written by Danger Girl co-creator Andy Hartnell.

Full article here.

Excellent, I love Danger Girl, especially if Scott is doing it, fantastic stuff

Hate to burst your bubble, thou, but it says that Scott is only doing covers, not interior art.

Isn't there a character in Danger Girl who looks like Bruce Cambell already?
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.

Sounds neat. It's an interesting mix....lucky Ash.

Kinda surprised that Nick Bradshaw ISN'T the artist on this, considering he's done art for both franchises in the past (though he is one of the cover artists).

Didn't realize AoD hadn't been published for a while either.

Quote Originally Posted by GoofBall814 View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, thou, but it says that Scott is only doing covers, not interior art.
    Aawwww Crap, I didn't see that

I'll check it out but I doubt I'll buy it

They keep digging up Danger Girl, though this was one particular title that was well and truly dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by GoofBall814 View Post
    .......when was the last time J. Scott did a full (or semi) issue of interior art?

If Scott drew it, it'd probably sell a whole lot more copies

Quote Originally Posted by Super Robo Ape View Post
    They keep digging up Danger Girl, though this was one particular title that was well and truly dead now.
    I was going to mention that. While the original danger girl is a superb read imo, the most recent mini-series were very stale. Though I'll always adore Sydney Savage.
    I do also remember quite a few AoD cross overs and such not too long ago with other properties. Does AoD really capture an audience that well?

I'm STILL waiting for Campbell to get around to actually continuing the main DG story. I'd like to know where the 3rd DG they created for the Playstation game came from.

They did say way back when her origin and intro to the team would be done in the comics cause the game was considered part of the actual canon.

From what I've heard he can't do interiors for a book until he finishes that Spider-man project... yes, there was a Spider-man project he was working on about four years ago or something. It's a contractual thing I guess.

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by alexforever View Post
    From what I've heard he can't do interiors for a book until he finishes that Spider-man project... yes, there was a Spider-man project he was working on about four years ago or something. It's a contractual thing I guess.
    I don't see JSC *ever* doing interiors again, his output has become glacial. His last project, Wildsiderz, never even finished! Only 3 issues ever came out...

BANNED

The '90s was plagued with bad artists but there were some gems there like J Scott Campbell. It seems that too many of the good '90s artists don't draw comics anymore :(
    Quote Originally Posted by alexforever View Post
    Never heard of this before. This is what Wikipedia says about it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Scott_Campbell
    Marvel scheduled Campbell and Loeb's new Spider-Man series for publication in 2008 as Campbell revealed in a video interview at the 2007 Wizard World Chicago Comic Con but the project was cancelled.[4] However at C2E2 2010, when interviewed he stated the Spider-Man project is not officially cancelled