Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default New Batman Incorporated info from Morrison

First, this:

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2...encils_6-7.jpg

Awesome (but every time I see a two page spread now I think "NO! you' don't have as many pages to work with now" and that's unfortunate)

but going on to what Morrison said

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Morrison
    Bruce Wayne’s back from the dead with barely a moment to catch his breath before he must prepare for the battle of his life in BATMAN INC.

“On the way towards this ultimate confrontation, Batman and El Gaucho, Argentina’s No.1 crimebuster, face a terrifying new villain whose world-shaking masterplan stretches across 2 decades, 3 countries and 3 interlocked issues, which also feature Batwoman, a whole new team of British heroes and the debut of The Batman of Africa, in a dark and twisted super-espionage thriller.

“And waiting in the wings are team-ups with Chief-Man-of-Bats, Batgirl and a mind-blowing CGI adventure with Oracle, as piece by piece, we learn the secrets of Batman Inc. and find out what Bruce is REALLY up to!”

Barman of France, Batman of Japan, Batman of Argentina... Batman of Africa? It's a continent, not a country.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    First, this:

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2...encils_6-7.jpg

Awesome (but every time I see a two page spread now I think "NO! you' don't have as many pages to work with now" and that's unfortunate)

but going on to what Morrison said
    Ugh, Yanick Paquette is still pencilling.

Ugh, Batgirl. Where is Cassandra, Grant?

Hello Oracle and CGI adventure.

I cringe about Batgirl and Oracle.

Somehow it won't sync, basing on the past crossovers.

Quote Originally Posted by tgjensen View Post
    Batman of Africa? It's a continent, not a country.
    which means more responsibility...i guess
    Marvel: ASM, Deadpool, Thor, Iron Man, etc
    DC: Batman and related, Green Lantern, The Flash, etc
    Omnibus wishlist: Classic Deadpool, Pak Hulk, Spider-Man 2099

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious_AA View Post
    I cringe about Batgirl and Oracle.

Somehow it won't sync, basing on the past crossovers.
    No one said anything about cross overs. They're simply appearing in the book the same way Selina appeared in the first two issues.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Wouldn't it have been easier to have just posted the Source link?
    http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/01...-incorporated/

Nice find though

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Ugh, Yanick Paquette is still pencilling.
    uhh, yeah... that was announced months ago, you know... when the series was announced.

No one said anything about cross overs. They're simply appearing in the book the same way Selina appeared in the first two issues.
    Or the way Batwoman is showing up in issue 4.
    I think Morrison even said something about following up on the "Stephanie, you're going to boarding school" scene from The Return a few weeks.

I'm excited.

"dark and twisted super-espionage thriller" = please oh please, let this description be precisely right

"mind-blowing CGI adventure with Oracle" = very excited, probably Grant's only foray into the subject of the internet & cyberspace

I think Morrison even said something about following up on the "Stephanie, you're going to boarding school" scene from The Return a few weeks.
    He will almost certainly pick up with the boarding school angle for Steph. Probably some espionage or infiltration plan by Bruce.
    Last edited by jgiannantoni05; 01-05-2011 at 07:24 AM.
    DC discarded their history, and now has none. DC will always be in the shadows of their past work.

The teasers sound awesome. I want to see what Grant does with Steph Brown. I have never liked her character so I hope he can make me a fan. The "master plan across two decades" should be great and CGI Oracle sounds crazy. I really feel fortunate to be reading comics when Grant is doing all this stuff, it's not gonna be the same when he leaves.

I like Paquette's art but I actually think this series would benefit with a different artist on each story. So like, you go to a different country or area of the world and accordingly have a very different art style.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by jgiannantoni05 View Post
    He will almost certainly pick up with the boarding school angle for Steph. Probably some espionage or infiltration plan by Bruce.
    The thing that worries me about that is the England boarding school thing is that it completely 100% contradicts what Bryan Q Miller is doing in her book, aka KEEPING HER IN GOTHAM.

Next week's issue of Batgirl is a Batman Incorporated tie in, so we'll see how that is handled.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I like Paquette's art but I actually think this series would benefit with a different artist on each story. So like, you go to a different country or area of the world and accordingly have a very different art style.
    I thought about that too, but after the fiasco that was some art issues late in Batman and Robin / RoBW, I think I'd rather keep one artist. I mean, a late script is a late script to anyone, but at least if it was a continuing artist, that line of communication stays constant and consistent.
    Last edited by FHIZ; 01-05-2011 at 07:34 AM.

I really feel fortunate to be reading comics when Grant is doing all this stuff, it's not gonna be the same when he leaves.
    I'm glad you appreciate it. The Batman books don't often get something as fresh and genius as Morrison's work.

When Grant is gone, it will mostly be back to the conventional predictable stuff (not necessarily a bad thing, but can still cause a feel of longing for that little more). The new top sirloin Batman stories will be the writers with the best characterization (who however still probably tell conventional predictable tales). What I'm driving at: the freshness and innovativeness will mostly be gone....other writers are almost surely not to be as versatile with Batman.

Grant is great because he's great with characterization and his creativity is outside-the-box. A very rare combo. Last time I personally saw such strong characterization and creativity combined was from 1987 to 1991, from various Batman writers, Grant included among them.
    Last edited by jgiannantoni05; 01-05-2011 at 08:17 AM.
    DC discarded their history, and now has none. DC will always be in the shadows of their past work.

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: "Batman, Inc" Heads to Argentina, Africa and More

Grant Morrison teases future team-ups and what's to come in the pages of his new ongoing series "Batman Incorporated," including the return of El Gaucho, Chief Man-of Bats and the debut of the Batman of Africa.

Full article here.

uhh, yeah... that was announced months ago, you know... when the series was announced.
    I was expecting he'll be pencilling one arc only. It's unfortunate for me, that he won't. C'est la vie.