Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Superhero Toys

decided to go through my folders of old superhero toys which i also collect so here are some

heres a pic of that batman gun people mentioned -- weird considering how batman is anti-gun

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Even as a kid I realized these were silly (not that stopped me from getting them). Why does Superman need a van? Why do Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel need cars? Why is no one concerned that Daily Planet delivery trucks are totally giving away Supermans secret identity?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Even as a kid I realized these were silly (not that stopped me from getting them). Why does Superman need a van? Why do Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel need cars? Why is no one concerned that Daily Planet delivery trucks are totally giving away Supermans secret identity?
    good points the ww car was kind of cool though. the ones i still have are the batmobile and the jokermobile. i will post pictures later as they are in a storage container packed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Layne View Post
    I'm a sucker for old school 3 3/4" figures, so I've hung onto my Mego Pocket Heroes Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman. Also Gabriel Lone Ranger & Tonto, Mattel Flash Gordon and Ming, and Remco Sgt. Rock.
    hi arnold would be possibnle to upload a picture? i still have 2 superman, and a batman and hulk. i never saw the wonder woman one. i used to have spider-man but i gave that to a guy i used to be friends with - who shortly thereafter didnt want to my friend anymore. the spider-man was especially cool as it had a small hole in the fist and you could thread string through it and pretend spidey was swinging on his web. not sure where i got the spider-man and hulk ones. as i dont remember buying them. they might be from my cousin who was older than me, as he loved marvel comics, whereas i was a dc kid. he used to tease me constantly because of it. he thought the dc superheroes were too bright and colorful and nice. whereas marvel he said had an 'edge' to them.

My Wallet's In El Segundo Arnold Layne's Avatar

Here ya go:

King Conan - Usagi Yojimbo - Mouse Guard - Courtney Crumrin - X-O Manowar - Archer & Armstrong - Back Issue!

I remember that I used to have a Super Powers Flash figure that moved its arms in a "running motion" and a Riddler that came with these little slips of paper (like from fortune cookies) with riddles written on them.

I also remember me and my brother both having some of the early X-Men toys. Like the Wolverine with the removable mask you could wear as a ring and the Magneto with the loose, goofy-looking helmet and magnets in his chest and hands.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post

Ah yes, The Hulk utility belt. Can someone tell me which issue of The Hulk he first used THAT one in?

I loved the Mego batmobile and Bat Van as a kid!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    I remember that I used to have a Super Powers Flash figure that moved its arms in a "running motion" and a Riddler that came with these little slips of paper (like from fortune cookies) with riddles written on them.
    Huh. I had a BUNCH of those, but I don't remember a Riddler - Although I think there might have kept making 'em after I outgrew 'em. I do remember there was a Super Powers tie-in comic featuring characters (like Mister Miracle and... um... Legion Enemy Tyroc) who I didn't have figures for.

But my point is a Riddler would have been cool!
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Layne View Post
    Here ya go:

WOW! If I was Wonder Woman I would sue over that ugly figure. I never understood why it is so difficult to get female figures right.

Quote Originally Posted by Runic View Post
    WOW! If I was Wonder Woman I would sue over that ugly figure. I never understood why it is so difficult to get female figures right.
    'Cause toy manufacturer's knew if they got them too right, they'd be run out of town on a rail.

Who's that behind Luthor? Zod?
    "It's just lines on paper, folks!"

My Wallet's In El Segundo Arnold Layne's Avatar

Yes, although the actual figure was without the Village People police cap, and resembled a bearded Terence Stamp.
    King Conan - Usagi Yojimbo - Mouse Guard - Courtney Crumrin - X-O Manowar - Archer & Armstrong - Back Issue!