Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Superhero Toys

Quote Originally Posted by TAG View Post
    98 cents, can you believe it. When I retire I'm going to build all those old Aurora superhero and monster models again.
    thanks for posting the pic -- when i saw your post it reminded me of the ad i had seen for the display so was cool to finally see what the finished result looks like!

i used to have the wonder woman super powers figure but gave it to a guy i used to be friends with ages ago --- turns out he was pretty much using me and i didnt figure it out until too late --- so super powers ww was gone but i bought this one which was very much like the super powers one, a little bit different and different packaging too but enough that it retained the look of the super powers model which i thought was pretty snazzy

I'm not sure where it is, but somewhere I have the "special" Super powers Clark Kent figure that you had to send in a coupon for.
    "It's just lines on paper, folks!"

Sadly I didn't have a whole bunch of superhero toys; just a few Mego figures

I still have this:

This is a bottle of shampoo from Avon. I don't have the box or the cape, but the bottle I do have...it sits in my shower.
    "If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

Quote Originally Posted by DubipR View Post
    Sadly I didn't have a whole bunch of superhero toys; just a few Mego figures

I still have this:

This is a bottle of shampoo from Avon. I don't have the box or the cape, but the bottle I do have...it sits in my shower.
    hi DubipR i like your post & pic - i have never seen that before but your picture reminds me of how there was superhero toothpaste which my mom used to buy on the way home from the toy store at the local supermarket (or it might have been a chemist, i dont remember which exactly) but i do remember there was superman and batman toothpaste and my mom stopped buying it because the flavors were so yummy i would eat the toothpaste instead of using it to brush my teeth with... i think had i saw superhero shampoo i would have gone crazy with delight!

some photographs of more toys i collected

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

When I was a young kid I was big into Batman (late '70's), from the cartoons and few comics I read of his.

I remember I had the 'Batman utility belt', that had a clicky gun(!), grappling hook and a walkie talkie among other things on it. It was bright yellow and had the word 'Batman' in a bat-shaped belt buckle. IIRC this was the regular Batman comic logo at the time.

I also had the matchbox sized Batmobile (based on the Adam West tv show) and the bigger version of it, as well as a mini helicopter.

As most young kids do, I eventually broke/lost EVERYTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by grphxkindaguy View Post
    When I was a young kid I was big into Batman (late '70's), from the cartoons and few comics I read of his.

I remember I had the 'Batman utility belt', that had a clicky gun(!), grappling hook and a walkie talkie among other things on it. It was bright yellow and had the word 'Batman' in a bat-shaped belt buckle. IIRC this was the regular Batman comic logo at the time.

I also had the matchbox sized Batmobile (based on the Adam West tv show) and the bigger version of it, as well as a mini helicopter.

As most young kids do, I eventually broke/lost EVERYTHING!
    wow; cool post gkag! -- thanks for posting that stuff about the batman utility belt -- i remember seeing ads for that in old comics and i always wondered if anyone actually bought that. i was kind of surprised though it came with a gun! i think from memory there were also ads for one for spider-man too.

for the matchbox sized batmobile were they the pocket ones? cause i think i still have the batman one as well as joker mobile that i bought several years back. i also have the bat copter but its not a mini one, but larger one, i think it came with a launcher from memory but the launcher wasnt with it when i bought it.

anybody have any more pics of superhero toys to share????

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    anybody have any more pics of superhero toys to share????
    Courtesy of the Mego Museum:

Quote Originally Posted by RichardWrite View Post

wow; thanx richard. i think i saw ads for that in some old comic books. will upload some more photos of superhero toys i have in the next day or so.

He looks like he's in pajamas...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

That movie still looks pretty rough, but I'll guess they'll add in Chris Evans before it goes to the theaters.

I assume folks in these neck of the woods are familiar with that guide to 60's Marvel merchandise that came out a few years ago. There was a helluva lot more that came out then than I thought.
    This was one that stuck out;

Here's a whole damn blog on this stuff!
    http://mightymarvelmaniamuseum.blogspot.com/

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    wow; cool post gkag! -- thanks for posting that stuff about the batman utility belt -- i remember seeing ads for that in old comics and i always wondered if anyone actually bought that. i was kind of surprised though it came with a gun! i think from memory there were also ads for one for spider-man too.

for the matchbox sized batmobile were they the pocket ones? cause i think i still have the batman one as well as joker mobile that i bought several years back. i also have the bat copter but its not a mini one, but larger one, i think it came with a launcher from memory but the launcher wasnt with it when i bought it.
    Funny thing, I was reading an old '70's Marvel comic today and saw an ad for the Spiderman version of the utility belt. It was the same as the Batman one! Even included handcuffs, which I remembered it having. That thing was pure garbage IIRC.

Being a big Batman fan now and knowing how much Batman hates guns (b/c his parents were taken from him by one) and looking back on how the belt came with a gun, my only reaction is

Yeah, the batmobile/copter were both matchbox sized (die-cast metal), they were black & red mostly. IIRC Corgi made them? I've seen more then one size of the batmobile, but not the copter. There was no launcher for the copter as far as I can remember.

My Wallet's In El Segundo Arnold Layne's Avatar

I'm a sucker for old school 3 3/4" figures, so I've hung onto my Mego Pocket Heroes Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman. Also Gabriel Lone Ranger & Tonto, Mattel Flash Gordon and Ming, and Remco Sgt. Rock.
    King Conan - Usagi Yojimbo - Mouse Guard - Courtney Crumrin - X-O Manowar - Archer & Armstrong - Back Issue!