Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Superhero Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dean View Post
    For Christmas when I was four or five I got the Hulk AND Thing pump-up-and-break-out-of-structures toys. They were great. I still have some of the stone walls that came with The Thing and The Hulk's cage somewhere around the house I grew up in, probably under the house in a box of silverfish. Now, the actual Hulk and Thing dolls I have on my shelf right behind me. I always like Thing better, mostly for that there were less toys of him in stores then.
    I still have the big Hulk figure, but it is covered in magic marker from when I was playing with him and dotting marks on him as if he had been shot by bullets.
    I don't have the cage anymore though.

The Hulk toy I really wanted when I was a kid and only saw once at a Lionel's Playworld was the large diecast figure.
    http://www.incrediblehulkonline.com/diecast.html
    http://www.megomuseum.com/heroes/diecast/hulk.html

Look at that fellah! It's massive and probably weighed a ton! I remember my mom telling me it was too expensive. Years later a friend of mine confirmed that it did retail for something like $20 in 1979, so yeah.

Hey look! Buy it now for $109!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/MARVEL-MEGO-DIEC...item4cf3d3c86a
    I never saw that die cast Hulk figure before, the guy's description on that 1st link is pretty funny.

and what the hell is that other hulk? Disco Hulk?
    Last edited by Brandon Hanvey; 03-03-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: took out picture from supsected malware site

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I had the Super Powers and Secret Wars action figures.
    When y oldest son was 4 or so ('86 maybe), I bought him a few of the Super Powers figures, picking out the ones I wanted, like Doc Fate, Martian Manhunter, and Hawkman. We went to a toy store one Saturday because "Batman" and "Robin" were there signing autographs.
    "It's just lines on paper, folks!"

Quote Originally Posted by beanjuice View Post
    ...and what the hell is that other hulk? Disco Hulk?
    It's a bootleg Hulk from God knows where. Google "bootleg superheroe toys" and it will bring up some crazy results.

I had a ton of toys, including a JLA mirror from the 70s which my Mom broke.

Anyone every seen that one for sale.

I also really dug my hang-ups, and used them to decorate a birthday party (i'm on the far left).

Check out my new Movie Podcast! Married With Clickers

Check Out My Blog: Seduction of the Indifferent at Seduction of the Indifferent

Look for Scott's Classic Comics Corner at Comics Should Be Good

"I'll tell you right out--I'm a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk"

all dis' talk about toys has me excited -- give me a few minutes and i will post a couple of pics (nothing exceptional -- most of the rare toys are packed away in storage).

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post

This was my absolute favorite toy growing up, as I always identified with Robin as a kid (and still identify with Dick Grayson to some extent today). I must have read the included mini-comic twenty times since it was the only solo Robin story I knew of until many years later.

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    This was my absolute favorite toy growing up, as I always identified with Robin as a kid (and still identify with Dick Grayson to some extent today). I must have read the included mini-comic twenty times since it was the only solo Robin story I knew of until many years later.
    hi shaxper i know what u mean, i think many of us identified with robin or one of the other teen titans growing up. i love the super powers range like many people. i purchased this unpunched robin sp figure about a year and a half-ish ago. about $10 as it was from a seller who found some old stock in a warehouse that never went to stores. i was really grateful and happy to get this figure, especially as it was still in its original packaging because i remember around six years ago i went to a store which specialized in rare toys and i saw the robin figure there (punched) hanging in a display cabinet and it was $120 and i remember thinking oh crap, will i ever get the chance to buy one still in its packaging without having to pay alot of $$$. (the shop later went out of business -- not surprising really when you saw the prices they were charging at the time).

about the flash, mirror master 3 pack set -- its funny in a weird way -- i went to a toy store hoping to find lots of these sets -- and i did, sort of. but not the way i was hoping. they had about 40 sets of the flash, mirror master one and another 30 sets of the commisoner gordon set. i was like ???? why couldnt they have ordered a few of the different sets. then just about two weeks ago i went to toys r us and they had the same problem -- about 3 different sets, and tons of copies -- but nothing else.

i love this figure. sadly batman passed away many years ago. i think either darth vader killed him or barbie ran over him in her car. but seriously, im not sure what happened to batman. im not sure what happened to alot of my toys. i had large darth vader, leia, chewbecca, han solo and others and i have no idea where they went? but robin is still around though in storage. sadly the box is no more. i guess that either got thrown out or crushed or something, i dont remember.

i love this figure. sadly batman passed away many years ago. i think either darth vader killed him or barbie ran over him in her car. but seriously, im not sure what happened to batman. im not sure what happened to alot of my toys. i had large darth vader, leia, chewbecca, han solo and others and i have no idea where they went? but robin is still around though in storage. sadly the box is no more. i guess that either got thrown out or crushed or something, i dont remember.

though metal things you can see on the back of his hands (in case people are wondering) are magnetic -- basically you could hang him upside down on the fridge or (if bats was still around) they could hold hands.

How come so many of the Mego heroes had such tanned skin? As a kid, I used to wonder if Superman was actually latino.

Quote Originally Posted by TAG View Post
    There weren't many superhero toys in the mid 70's. My friends and I would have loved to have seen the superhero toys and such that are out today. What was available to us, we scooped up. Such as the following:

98 cents, can you believe it. When I retire I'm going to build all those old Aurora superhero and monster models again.