Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Superhero Toys

Quote Originally Posted by RichardWrite View Post
    Man I so would love to have had those Aurora models when I was a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    i was looking through classic old magazines and fanzines tonight and found these classic superheroes models --- anyone have these? and i wonder why batman was more expensive than superboy? maybe he was more popular?
    With the exception of a few, theyíve pretty much reproduced most of the original Aurora models. You can also buy these nicely detailed superhero models that toy biz put a several years back.

Iíve bought most of the reproduced Aurora models and the Toy Biz models throughout the years. Iím hoping that someday Iíll actually have the time to build them. Anyone else on the board into building models?

Quote Originally Posted by TAG View Post
    With the exception of a few, theyíve pretty much reproduced most of the original Aurora models. You can also buy these nicely detailed superhero models that toy biz put a several years back.

Iíve bought most of the reproduced Aurora models and the Toy Biz models throughout the years. Iím hoping that someday Iíll actually have the time to build them. Anyone else on the board into building models?
    hi TAG, i have a few models but have never built them sadly. i have a huge one of the titanic and an old star wars one somewhere but they are still in the boxes waiting for their day to get done up and painted and put together. i am not very good at painting either as my hands wobble around and i just don't have the know-how to do it properly sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    hi TAG, i have a few models but have never built them sadly. i have a huge one of the titanic and an old star wars one somewhere but they are still in the boxes waiting for their day to get done up and painted and put together. i am not very good at painting either as my hands wobble around and i just don't have the know-how to do it properly sadly.
    zryson, Mine are all in their boxes as well. I have to admit that I donít have an artistic bone in my body, but feel that it would be a great way to release some stress. One day.

Quote Originally Posted by TAG View Post
    zryson, Mine are all in their boxes as well. I have to admit that I donít have an artistic bone in my body, but feel that it would be a great way to release some stress. One day.
    definitely!

anyone buy these huge 13 inch dc direct figures, which came with removable hands, masks, etc? i was tempted but they were just too big and expensive).

Last edited by zryson; 05-15-2011 at 05:48 PM.

they say there is a story behind every photograph and it was certainly the case with this pic. i snapped over 100 pictures until i was happy with the end result. its superman vs bizarro!

star wars changed our world. and it ushered in a wave of merchandising the world had never seen before. and i love it. the movies are classic and the toyline, proving ever popular, continues to this day with brand new figures coming onto the market every year.

took some snaps earlier of this mega-cool robin figure. if you ever liked the stories of robin on his bat-bike you would love this figure. i bought this a few years ago from a lcs and another thing i really love about this figure is the display box. sometimes the packaging for toys is really boring and tacky, but this comes in a nice box which displays the figure and bike inside nicely.

this superhero toy is a little bittersweet for me. i was removing the store sticker and it did not go very well and it caused some damage to the box. now i was going to throw out the box but then i remembered my friend who has a niece who idolizes him and loves him very much. and i know from what my friend said she loved the last wonder woman doll that i gave him to give to her (telling him to say it was from him not me). and so i will ask him to take the doll and give to her. its displays beautifully (the doll) the photographs don't convey just how lovely it looks when you have it in front of you. so i think the little girl will be thrilled. i hope so anyway!

awesome set which i bought a few years ago and has been displayed in a cabinet ever since. from memory this is the Toys "R" Us exclusive.

anyone buy any cool thor merchandise? i am going back to the toy stores this weekend (if it all goes well) so hopefully can find some nice goodies.