Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Superhero Toys

hi Romero - yeah the prices for figures can be high sometimes. its why I try and buy on sale like that huge Green Lantern figure I purchased from a toy store a few months back. 2013 promises to be another huge year for superhero toys - there's Man of Steel coming (its been announced Sideshow are going to team up with Hot Toys to release some figures), plus there's the classic Batman tv series from the 1960s with Mattel launching the first wave of figures (which no doubt will be one of the big toylines for 2013), as well as Hasbro is releasing more figures and new figures from Star Wars including The Legacy Collection Wave 1 as well 2013 sees Star Wars celebrate the 30th anniversary of Return Of The Jedi! So there's lots of cool things coming up.

The retro style Darkseid Mego figure that was part of my Christmas haul arrived today....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqV,!n8E63WLpC6PBO5(T-ML+w~~60_35.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	106549

Now if only they had this when I was a kid and playing with the Megos I had then....

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Very nice MRP - wish they would release more Mego style figures. They just look great. Also the whole packaging of them is really eye catching!

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    hi Tristan_MC - noticed you are new to CBR so welcome and hi! Masters of the Universe was so cool when I was a kid. I still have a few other figures in my toybox.
    Thanks for the welcome! It's been a great experience here.

You still have the toys? Awesome! Mine were thrown out. BattleCat...poor BattleCat...
    Check out my sci-fi webcomic https://www.facebook.com/eonviant
    Connect with me on Twitter https://twitter.com/TristanMcClark

This Darth Vader figure is part of the Star Wars Lost Line. What is the Lost Line? Years ago when they were about to do the Star Wars figures, they contemplated several designs for the figures to be released. This style was considered but rejected in favor of the style we know today which is the black and chrome style. But for a special series of figures, Hasbro is using the alternative design. Overall its another really nice action figure series from Hasbro and Star Wars.

I only had one Martian Manhunter figure prior to this Brightest Day release, so I was thrilled to add this figure. Its nicely articulated, has a beautiful weight to it, and the sculpt/paint is nicely done.

So I was at Meijer today with my wife and picked up 3 DC themed Hot Wheels

a 1966 Batmobile

Name:	41XTRMVU7zL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	106875

a 1940's Batmobile

Name:	batman_hot_wheels_1940s_batmobile.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	106876

and a Darkseid van....

Name:	61KRpfuA1iL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	106877

just a few tchotchkes to display in my office

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Nice purchases MRP. I remember going to a toy store last year and saw racks full of the Hot Wheels DC themed vehicles. I ended up buying the classic Batmobile for my best friend and then the next time I went back to the toy store they had completely sold out and the racks were bare.

I saw the Batgirl roadster on the back of the package and would have picked that up too, but they didn't have it on the shelves. I almost picked up the Hong Kong Phooie Hot Wheels though, loved that cartoon when I was a kid.

-M
    -Umberto Eco

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

and a Darkseid van....
    I can just picture him toolin' around Apokalips, pickin' up chicks...
    "It's just lines on paper, folks!"

If I see some of the Hot Wheels vehicles at the stores I will definitely buy some - for the artwork alone. I'm hoping to get to one of the toy stores later this month with a bit of luck so fingers crossed they will have them.

I used to have a ton of those Maisto Marvel Classic Covers cars they did about 10 years ago. They were pretty cool but I ended up selling them all.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

Quote Originally Posted by MDG View Post
    I can just picture him toolin' around Apokalips, pickin' up chicks...
    He has a lava lamp and a couch in the back and the stereo can only play Foghat...
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

Really like this Sinestro figure from Green Lantern Series 5. Its got a nice weight to it, the paint job and sculpt is very nice too. Things to watch out for is that the Lantern battery can make the figure tip forward and become off-balance after several days but he stands easily on the stand otherwise.

Another thing to watch out for with the Sinestro figure is that the strap holding the lantern comes undone easily. Still considering the DCNU 52 Green Lantern doesnt come with a stand nor a Lantern battery its not too bad overall.