Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Superhero Toys

My Wallet's In El Segundo Arnold Layne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reptisaurus! View Post
    Huh. I had a BUNCH of those, but I don't remember a Riddler - Although I think there might have kept making 'em after I outgrew 'em. I do remember there was a Super Powers tie-in comic featuring characters (like Mister Miracle and... um... Legion Enemy Tyroc) who I didn't have figures for.

But my point is a Riddler would have been cool!
    The Riddler was put out after Toy Biz had acquired the DC license and Super Powers molds from Mattel. He was basically a repainted Flash body with a different head.
    King Conan - Usagi Yojimbo - Mouse Guard - Courtney Crumrin - X-O Manowar - Archer & Armstrong - Back Issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Layne View Post
    The Riddler was put out after Toy Biz had acquired the DC license and Super Powers molds from Mattel. He was basically a repainted Flash body with a different head.
    Yeah. I just looked it up and it was one of these: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/a...sp/dchero.html.

Heck, my Flash might have been one too. It was hard to tell the two sets apart, and as a kid I didn't care.

anyone remember this, or better, have this?

Man I so would love to have had those Aurora models when I was a kid.

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    The Batmobile and Copter pictured are the one's I was talking about!

Geez I feel OLD.

I have the Batmobile and Batcopter, with towing trailer, and the Superman "Fists Of Fury" Jet. I used to have a bunch of Marvel Hot Wheels cars, but I sold them all except for my Silver Surfer van.
    King Conan - Usagi Yojimbo - Mouse Guard - Courtney Crumrin - X-O Manowar - Archer & Armstrong - Back Issue!

the Superman "Fists Of Fury" Jet.
    It's the Supermobile. Seriously.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

i was looking through classic old magazines and fanzines tonight and found these classic superheroes models --- anyone have these? and i wonder why batman was more expensive than superboy? maybe he was more popular?

Here ya go:

omg. wonder woman looks so bad. thankfully when they did the lynda carter wonder woman doll she looked a lot better! thanks for posting the pic arnold

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    It's the Supermobile. Seriously.
    my name has more 70s kitsch value

for us comic nerds, fyi. this prince of persia figure, with some very slight tinkering, makes a great El Borak figure, based on REH's character. he sits on a bookshelf with my Lone Ranger, Sgt Rock, Flash Gordon, Indiana Jones, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman figures. i like to imagine an early 20th century Crisis crossover with Ming the Merciless and Lex Luthor pulling the strings. yeah, i'm a douchebag.

some star wars goodies ----

i really like this superman returns figure that a friend gave me.

Last edited by zryson; 02-08-2011 at 07:53 PM.

My niece had a Superman Returns figure like that, except it was like two feet tall. It was pretty funny to watch her make it fly around and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnh View Post
    My niece had a Superman Returns figure like that, except it was like two feet tall. It was pretty funny to watch her make it fly around and stuff.

i remember seeing that one at toys r us. i think from memory it was like $60. they also release a huge figure for batman dark knight that was the same size. and i wanted them so badly. i was like wow -- biggest action figure i have seen in ages. but then reality dawned on me and i thought where would i put it? and i quickly realized that the only place i could store it would be in a cupboard or in a storage vault. so i didnt end up buying it.

if i see one similar size at toys r us for the upcoming green lantern movie i might be tempted but again size is a problem. but i love action figures. and i was thrilled when my friend gave me this figure.