Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Tomar Re Previewed In "Green Lantern"

The peace-keeping Green Lantern from the original comic series makes his way to the big screen in a special tease from Geoff Johns' recent comics that's been making the rounds online.

Full article here.

Nova Scotia's Elder Gawd Chadhulhu's Avatar

Heh, he looks like a skinned parrot. Still, I can not wait to see this movie. Lantern for life.

Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

he looks like crap.

Default Turribule

just turribule. He's a plucked chicken.

And the GL uniforms all look awful.

Not getting warm fuzzies about this movie.

Veteran Member

OMG, I saw that earlier and thought it was just some joke or some home-made costume. Then I read this article and saw that it was real.

To be fair, doing one that looks like the classic Tomar Re from the comics would just be silly. Hell, even in the comics he kinda looks silly.

I'm kinda surprised that Johns hasn't used any of Tomar's people in the comics. Tomar-Re passed on just after COIE - and bringing him back would suck as he had a very noble death - and I think Tomar-Tu (a relative of Re's, and one of the Lost Lanterns) is dead now too. I think there's one as a Sinestro Corpsman somewhere, but that's it.

compared to this...

he looks cool to me. its a bad quality picture.i am sure in the film it will look cooler.
    this screen shot looks nice

i like how every members suit is diffrent. and they say they will all fly and move diffrent. like they are actually diffrent species and stuff. i like that idea alot.

i hope they do this right. make the constructs diffrent my personality like the comics. like kilowogs is supposed to always sound like a explosion or cannon. guys are flicker are unweildly.

noticed no one wears a mask but hal?
    northlanders .american vampire. bprd. concrete. detective comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    To be fair, doing one that looks like the classic Tomar Re from the comics would just be silly. Hell, even in the comics he kinda looks silly.

I'm kinda surprised that Johns hasn't used any of Tomar's people in the comics. Tomar-Re passed on just after COIE - and bringing him back would suck as he had a very noble death - and I think Tomar-Tu (a relative of Re's, and one of the Lost Lanterns) is dead now too. I think there's one as a Sinestro Corpsman somewhere, but that's it.
    The one in the Sinestro Corps is Romat-Ru.

As far as Tomar-Tu..i'm not sure if he's dead or not. Can't remember. Guess I'll have to go back and start reading from Sinestro Corps War on forward.

So what's with Tomar-Re being billed as the "keeper of the Book of OA"? I thought that was Salakk's job.

Veteran Member

To me, it's not that it looks silly or comedic--it looks cheap and fake. Like someone random Halloween costume.

Everytime I see a preview for this film, I feel more justified in thinking it will be bad.

And Tomar-Tu is still alive, just not in the current issues for some reason. He was with the other surviving Lost lanterns recovering Laira's body from the Red Lanterns during Blackest Night

I think it looks great, and personally think his suit looks amazing and very suiting for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadhulhu View Post
    Heh, he looks like a skinned parrot.
    Well, he kinda' always does...

Quote Originally Posted by eradicaar View Post
    Everytime I see a preview for this film, I feel more justified in thinking it will be bad.

And Tomar-Tu is still alive, just not in the current issues for some reason. He was with the other surviving Lost lanterns recovering Laira's body from the Red Lanterns during Blackest Night
    Whatever happened to Tomar Re from the Gerard Jones series?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

He looks more like he's from a cutscene of a video game than a movie. Doesn't really suspend my disbelief.

Wow, he looks a lot less goofy than he does in the books and still people hate it. He's a freakin featherless chicken in the comics, what did people think he was going to look like? Awesomeness dripped in badass sauce? He looks as good as they could make the chicken look. Acutually he looks pretty good concidering the source material.
    Bobby- "What are ya'll talkin' about?"

Andy- "Morning drinking"

Bobby- "For it!"

those pictures they gave us dont look like shots from the film but somekind of test or promo.

we have herd that we are gonna see stel, ch'p, salak, bzzd and a few others. thats gonna be cool. but
    i cant wait to hear the reactions from people when we get a promo picture of...

chaselon

or larvox(any one else notice they changed his look in the comics now to be like the sneak peek we got?)

northlanders .american vampire. bprd. concrete. detective comics.