Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

For one month I think DC should switch the male/female costume designs in all their titles. Wonder Woman would put on battle armor or something that shows no skin below the neck and Superman will put on knee high boots and skin tight biker shorts. Power Girl can wear her orange and white costume and Superboy will wear a skin tight wrestling leotard. And so on.
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

Fire and Life Incarnate! TheDreamingCelestial's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    For one month I think DC should switch the male/female costume designs in all their titles. Wonder Woman would put on battle armor or something that shows no skin below the neck and Superman will put on knee high boots and skin tight biker shorts. Power Girl can wear her orange and white costume and Superboy will wear a skin tight wrestling leotard. And so on.
    that would be so awesome man! let dick wear the belly button revealing huntress costume and selina and bruce can exchange some skin-tight leather :p
    "You may say I'm a dreamer; but I'm not the only one..."

Subcriptions: Justice League, Aquaman, Green Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    Too many of the very vocal would freak. I can remember the comics forums when Warren Ellis wrote about Lois' desire to see Superman in biking shorts with coffee in his JLA: Classified arc. And, we didn't see any of that, it was a spoken insistence. Not that the same people had any complaints about Lois in negligee around the same time in another title, of course.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Death Itself View Post
    Or you simply cannot grasp the subtleties of art. 99% of all artists don't show male superheroes with a package. Sandowski clearly does for Wildcat so he's here. No one is imagining it and yes, it is clearly deliberate.

That said, Alex Ross isn't a beekcake artist, but his photo-realistic style does mean he puts bulges on the superheroes and in one famous instant that was retouched by DC, made sure Commander Steel lived up to his name:

Till this day I still can't figure out why people went crazy for this. It's not even like there's an over-exaggerated prominent bulge. I'm confused.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Till this day I still can't figure out why people went crazy for this. It's not even like there's an over-exaggerated prominent bulge. I'm confused.
    That's what I mean about some of the craziness being awfully personally revealing. "Ooh, it's too big!" and theories of erections and all.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    In other words, you don't see the point.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

If only, amirite?!

BRB about to post DCU's two hottest boys beefcake images...
    ~*Oh my Stars and Garters*~
    Check out f!yeahjtoddz. It's hella relevant to my interests.

This thread needs more of the DCU's two hottest boys: Jim Lee draws a very sexy DG:

I couldn't find the panel where Dinah walks in on Dick showering, but if you do, it is very much needed in this thread. :D

And Jeremy Haun draws a very sexy Jason:

A famous Jason derriere panel from Batman 649. Dick may have the best butt in the DCU, but this panel! :O And dem thighs!
    ~*Oh my Stars and Garters*~
    Check out f!yeahjtoddz. It's hella relevant to my interests.

Funny Dick's butt gets so much play...its very nice, but the costume has a lot to do with it, too. Porportionally it isn't any different than a lot of heroes butts, but its a fandom thing I suppose to rail on about it.

And yes, Jason, the thighs. Need more thighs everywhere.

Kudos to the sexist and cheesy images of the alien male beefcake. What we need is more sleaze and tasteless stuff in the male department. And have the character be totally cool with it...

"So...my ass is out. You gotta problem wid dat?"

Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    Funny Dick's butt gets so much play
    I see what you did there.
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. - Robert Heinlen

That Jason panel is absolutely beefcake. I mean seriously...

dat ass.
    "All I know is tomorrow will come, and I'm going to be there to rise above and meet it." - Donna Troy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric J View Post
    No I can, a lot of times I draw crotches on the characters because well, its a crotch, we all have them. No point in not drawing them, its like being immature if you skip out on them, its just a body part. Nearly all artists draw them though. I think youre personally just gay to be honest, not like theirs anything wrong with that.
    Ha! There isn't and I'm not, but I'm sure to someone like you it's impossible that a straight man could start and participate in such a thread. Much in the same way you can't grasp what we're discussing here. The only way you'd understand if if someone had an erect penis in a cape on the cover.

Not to break this into an art class, but if you look at the Steel picture every other aspect of it is pointing down to his crotch. The white stripe of his costume which normally stops at his blue briefs, the musculature of his lower half and THE STRETCHING OF BRIEFS TRYING TO CONTAIN IT!

And you might want to ask yourself why you keep coming back to this thread considering you don't believe beefcake exists. It's just gonna be butts, bulges and general male nudity.
    Last edited by Death Itself; 12-21-2010 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Itself View Post
    What makes the Catman panels "beefcake" is that there's no reason whatsoever that the panel has to end just above his crotch or just above his ass. We know he's naked. Repeated use is simply exploitation. What makes GA beefcake are the fact he "just happens" to be bathing when getting bad new and...well, his balls. Balls which are actually missing from the Dick Grayson shot, so you just seeing a crotch, but the point is the same. Dick Grayson working out in briefs is just silly.
    How dare you! Naked Catman is absolutely necessary! Seriously, he's always drawn so pretty. I love Nicola Scott's version in particular. Not so muscled that he's gross (the overly body-builder look is a real turn-off for me), but just perfect.

I don't mind naked woman, either. I just prefer them to be appropriately attired when they aren't naked (and drawn proportionately, no bizarre anatomically impossible "cheesecake" poses, etc.). If a character is invulnerable, I give them a lot more slack regarding skimpy uniforms, although it's still pretty silly when a uniform consists of few ribbons of fabric. But Huntress's "sexy" uniform makes me nuts. She doesn't have superpowers and there are important organs in your abdomen. Somebody cuts or shoots her abdominal aorta and it's all over. That Helena cares more about showing off her flat abs than staying alive annoys the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    "So...my ass is out. You gotta problem wid dat?"
    Sorry, but I love this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by garion View Post

And that George Perez Hercules panel. I remember that well.
    George Perez went to *all* that trouble to correct the names and spelling of all the gods and goddesses in Wonder Woman's patheon and still no one gets it right.

Hercules is Roman; Heracles is Greek. Get it right, people.