Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Waid Leaves BOOM! as CCO, Returns to Freelancing

Five months after being named CCO of BOOM! Studios, Mark Waid is returning to full time freelance writing. We spoke with Waid [em]exclusively[/em] to ask what's next and what happens with "Irredeemable" & "Incorruptible."

Full article here.

whoaaaaaa. Well, good for him. He's doing what he wanted to do. And he made this publisher into a legitimate thing.
    READ SNARKED!

How long until BOOM! becomes an imprint at Marvel?

Losing Waid as the most visible face of the company is a blow and something Boom needs to figure out. Waid's presence there really elevated that company. I just hope he stays on his Waidverse books for a good time to come!
    - JimmyDee -
    I ain't no hot dog, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    How long until BOOM! becomes an imprint at Marvel?
    Never? Why would they?
    Yeah, um, uh... In Blackest Day or Brightest Night... uh, watermelon, cantaloupe, yada yada... a superstitious and cowardly lot... with liberty and justice for all!

Miniseries? So, Ruse's gonna be a miniseries?

Prehaps it's gonna be a miniseries for now.

Hopefully this will have no bad effects on BOOM!, I love their books and want all of them to succeed. All this price stuff with the big 2 is really annoying, at least BOOM offers quality titles and content even if their prices are as high as Marvel's "top books".

Quote Originally Posted by Batman was taken View Post
    Never? Why would they?
    Actually Tom Brevoort on his form spring mentioned they have their eye on Boom! - however that was in response to doing a crossover.

Plus, there's Boom!'s Disney properties...

Quote Originally Posted by Batman was taken View Post
    Never? Why would they?
    It was partly in jest but the Disney properties are what made me think that. Wouldn't Disney prefer their characters be handled "in house"?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDee View Post
    Losing Waid as the most visible face of the company is a blow and something Boom needs to figure out. Waid's presence there really elevated that company. I just hope he stays on his Waidverse books for a good time to come!
    I was working for the company before Waid and I can honestly say from following them that they are perfectly alright. Waid will still do interviews promoting his Boom! titles and Chip Mosher will still come up with great marketing strategies like he did for the Stan Lee comics. Right now the biggest faces Boom! has are the Disney/Pixar/Muppets comics as well as the Waid and Stan Lee titles. Boom! looks to keep booming.

BANNED

Anyone who loves The Larry Sanders Show can't be all bad. Anyway, I doubt Boom's in trouble. They produce a quality product.

I also think that Disney buying Boom! and folding it all into Marvel's infrastructure is very plausible. No offense to Boom! but it wouldn't cost Disney much (in their world) and it would put their licenes back at Marvel, which can sell more copies... while perhaps keeping the creators and staff, etc. that Boom! has done such a great job with. Buying their successful license partners is very much the Disney way. But who knows?

I wonder what this would do to Waid's on-going Boom! series already out ?

I was reading Boom! studios books before Mark Waid joined the company, I'll be reading Boom! Studios books after he leaves the company.

I have faith in Ross Richie, Chip Mosher, Ian Brill and the rest of the Boom! gang because they consitantly release great stuff.