Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Marvel Announces Five $2.99 Titles

Marvel Comics has announced the first five limited series of 2011 to carry the $2.99 price point, including "Captain America: Hail Hydra," "Wolverine & Jubilee," "Hawkeye: Blind Spot" and two more.

Full article here.

"Because you asked for it, "

No. No one "asked for it". We asked, with our $, for you to stop making $4 titles, but $3 for a title is still a bad price point.

Go back to $2 or even $1 a book and maybe you'll see some sales again.

Where is the comic book industry reporter who will do the investigative reporting to show us exactly where each portion of the cost of a comic is spent?

@Squasha

You say this as if Marvel hasn't been leading in sales for years.

... you think that Marvel is hoarding the money? Like some ancient dragon on a pile of dubloons inside a mountain?

It's going to pay for the ability to make comics.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    @Squasha

You say this as if Marvel hasn't been leading in sales for years.
    But it would be nice to see some on-going title pull their prices back just a bit.

What a BS move....

Bring down the prices on the $4.00 books by your "Superstar" writers. Bendis, Brubaker, Fraction, etc...

It's good news to me. Now I'll buy some minis from Marvel, which besides Seige, I have not done since they moved their minis to the $3.99 price point.

And like was said above...if only the ongoings were also priced at $2.99. As to the unrealistic idea of $1 or $2...c'mon.
    writer: The Venger: Dead Man Rising

Twitter-Facebook-Email-VENGER

Quote Originally Posted by froinlaven View Post
    What a BS move....

Bring down the prices on the $4.00 books by your "Superstar" writers. Bendis, Brubaker, Fraction, etc...
    Then how would they afford to keep said superstar creators?

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

Yes everyone was asking for more Captain America and Wolverine minis since we have not seen any of thsoe in the last year......

Because I asked for it?

I asked for the ongoings that I used to buy to be $2.99, not mini-series.

I'll play optimist and say tat this might be the gate door opening, but the rational part of me says not to get my hopes up.

I saw and article titled "World's Fattest Woman Told to 'Diet or Die'." The article was not about the effects of gluttonous pricing by one of the big 2, but these days I reach at any straw of hope.

Default Two things

First, this is not what we as fans were talking about. Give us more 2.99 prices for books we actually want to read. I wouldn't pick up any of these books if there were 1.99.

And secondly, give the creators more money by getting them more involved in the movie process. Let them be "consultants" on the movies for which they write for and get their share. If DC can put all of there titles on a 2.99 price point, so can Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Yes everyone was asking for more Captain America and Wolverine minis since we have not seen any of thsoe in the last year......
    It's pretty obviously they have some value to Marvel else they wouldn't keep publishing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I'm okay with more minis but not starring Cap and Wolverine who already have an abundance of appearances imo.
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

Default no...no...no...no

we didn't ask for throw-away mini's that will never be referenced in any way, that will be quickly forgotten, and will be in the 50c bins in 2 years to be at $3. We asked for main stream titles that actually MEAN something to be lowered to $3.

What a bunch of marketing BS

Quote Originally Posted by JRBirkhead View Post
    First, this is not what we as fans were talking about. Give us more 2.99 prices for books we actually want to read. I wouldn't pick up any of these books if there were 1.99.

And secondly, give the creators more money by getting them more involved in the movie process. Let them be "consultants" on the movies for which they write for and get their share. If DC can put all of there titles on a 2.99 price point, so can Marvel.
    And how could Marvel best determine what readers want? Why by watching sales trends. Wolverine sells. That's a fact. Additionally, I've seen many people clamoring for more classic Hawkeye ever since Disassembled. They're also taking a chance on new properties instead of reusing the same old characters, again something people have asked for.

I do agree that they should provide more opportunities for creators to make some bank, but do you just use the most recent creative teams or do you visit the creative teams that had the mokst impact in the lifespan of the characters?