Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Keehar View Post
    What did everyone think of Penguin in Arkham City?
    I liked him in Arkham City. Like a London gangster from something like the Lock Stock film.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoy House View Post
    I liked him in Arkham City. Like a London gangster from something like the Lock Stock film.
    Yeah, I have to be honest. That game is what finally made me really like the character after never liking him as a kid, growing up. I would not mind at all if they adopted that general look, voice and personality for the comic character.

I kind of liked the Penguin in the 'The Batman' cartoon, but the Arkham City version is what really put it over the top. Before that, I don't know... I never could take the comic character seriously. And they never used him in a way that made me care.

I bought the Pain and Prejudice mini purely thanks to the Arkham City game.

He was a cop killer who had a broken beer bottle in place of a classy monocle.

While I did enjoy how dangerous he was, he was a bit too much of a brute for my liking. I like Oswald Cobblepot with more class and refinery. In my eyes, he's supposed to be known as the "gentleman of crime"; which is harder to pull off while keeping him a major threat.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoy House View Post
    Oh yes he was fantastic in that game and had the usual gentleman gangster look.

I'm with mistah, I enjoyed it for what it is as a separate version, much like the Burton version, but I wouldn't want it to be the comic version. I'm really enjoyed this months li'l Gotham, really fun.
    An unashamed Bloodstone, Captain Britain, Hawkman, Zatanna and Bat-villain fanboy.

Agent of W.A.N.D, Magic-ops division.

Greetings Penguin fans. Thought I would update the thread with a Cobblepot pic from the new arkham game, looks cool. I also wanted to add a mignola pic I stumbled across.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	111881Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	111882
    An unashamed Bloodstone, Captain Britain, Hawkman, Zatanna and Bat-villain fanboy.

Wondering if the Penguin Pain & Prejudice TPB is worth picking up?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Wondering if the Penguin Pain & Prejudice TPB is worth picking up?
    It really is. If you like Oswald, you should definitely pick it up.
    I've got just one more thing to say,
    "P.S. I hate you"

Wow....where have I been? I just came to post that Arkham Origins pic.... ANYWAY, I wonder how he will act in the game and what his role would be? Also, Aelle, that Mignola picture you stumbled across is BRILLIANT! Now THAT is the look of my Penguin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    While I did enjoy how dangerous he was, he was a bit too much of a brute for my liking. I like Oswald Cobblepot with more class and refinery. In my eyes, he's supposed to be known as the "gentleman of crime"; which is harder to pull off while keeping him a major threat.
    There are two valid versions, one is the gentleman of crime, and the other just fancies himself as such because of his delusions of grandeur. I prefer the later with a dash of the first. Meredith all the way.
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    There are two valid versions, one is the gentleman of crime, and the other just fancies himself as such because of his delusions of grandeur. I prefer the later with a dash of the first. Meredith all the way.
    I am fine with a version who is not afraid to pull out his umbrellas when he feels someone is getting in his way, but yet when presented before a pretty female socialite, he'd take his time to treat her like a lady.
    Last edited by ngroove; 05-17-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    I am fine with a version who is not afraid to pull out his umbrellas when he feels someone is getting in his way, but yet when presented before a pretty female socialite, he'd take his time to treat her like a lady.
    In later stories he has been portrayed as intimidated by women, which i find absurd. In his delusions, he believes himself to be a modern Raffles so he'll make himself believe he's quite the ladies man. When he's portrayed as a genius, he'll con and extort the lady in question (Penguin Triumphant, Burgess Meredith's), when he's portrayed as more histrionic than intelligent, he'll just delude himself into believing he's a stud and then go medieval on the girl that rejects him (BTAS: Birds of a Feather, DeVito's). Sometimes he's a combination of both.
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart

We got Penguin in the zero hour issue Batman #22, well for a little bit.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/bru...tman-zero-year

I'm my opinion it looks pretty fantastic and I love the way Penguin is drawn by Capullo, full marks from me. spoilers:
    The implication that Penguin uses blimps to ferry stuff around gotham is excellent.
    end of spoilers

I haven't seen any post the Penguin preview for villains month so I thought I would drop the link here.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/08...%99s-al-ghul#6

I also see that Penguin was in a Arkham War solicitation (November maybe? I cant remember). Im hoping well get to see more from Penguin in Zero Year (everyone else is getting involved), a shame if all we get is him tied up.