Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Ahhh right, thanks. Is that the first issue that Layman is doing? Might have to pick up TEC again.
    An unashamed Bloodstone, Captain Britain, Hawkman, Zatanna and Bat-villain fanboy.

Agent of W.A.N.D, Magic-ops division.

Right so, I finally ebayed the second part of 'Underground Railroad' from the No Mans Land story arc. The story was pretty good, I really liked officer Bock so even if the Penguin bits had been terrible I would have liked the issue (and storyline). I think it probably went a little to far making Penguin seem like a hero in the last scene but I always enjoy seeing his human side, and after all he was looking after his financial interests and his birds health.

Overall I feel that No Mans Land was a fantastic crossover for Penguin and is possibly my favorite modern age Penguin storyline. Not only did he have a great position in the storyline but he was drawn consistently well (or at least the way I like).
    An unashamed Bloodstone, Captain Britain, Hawkman, Zatanna and Bat-villain fanboy.

Oh penguin ! What a villain ! Look at those images - they are just super descriptive of the character. The fact that we was played by Danny De Vito just makes it more appealing - if that s possible to say so - in the role of the villain, because let s be honest who doesn't like Danny DeVito. Anyway, all the way for the penguin as a villain.

Senior Member FirestormTheNuclearMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    They made him the ultimate Crime Boss. He's been everywhere. Every criminal uses him as a banker. He even funded pirates off the coast of Somalia. If there is a crime in the DCnU Penguin is involved so far. But at least they didn't make him a ninja.
    You yalking about the new 52?

Looking forward to the TEC Penguin story line coming up. Anyone got any news?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelle3 View Post
    Looking forward to the TEC Penguin story line coming up. Anyone got any news?
    Waiting for it myself. Between Detective #13 and the following week's Batman #13, what a month to be a Batman / Joker / Penguin reader / fan!

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Waiting for it myself. Between Detective #13 and the following week's Batman #13, what a month to be a Batman / Joker / Penguin reader / fan!
    I'v not been keeping up with Batman news over the last couple of weeks. Is Penguin getting a tie in story to Death of the Family?

Edit: I just got what you meant. I missed the Joker fan part of your post. Doh!
    Last edited by Aelle3; 09-28-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelle3 View Post
    I'v not been keeping up with Batman news over the last couple of weeks. Is Penguin getting a tie in story to Death of the Family?

Edit: I just got what you meant. I missed the Joker fan part of your post. Doh!
    From what I've heard on the solicits for the next three months, Mr. J's gonna "confront" both Penguin AND Riddler, coming up over the course of Batman #14-15, and Detective #15! Hope the "homecoming"'s great, although I gotta a reeeaallly bad feelin' about it all the same...
    Last edited by ngroove; 09-28-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Oh! Penguin is going to be involved. Well i'm looking forward to it, as long as Ozzie and Eddy don't get totally put down just to make the Jokers return seem bigger I'll be happy.

Finally got my issue in the post. Really enjoyed it. Penguin health plan, love it.

A few pages from the upcoming Nightwing # 13 issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NTW_13_1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	103247

Name:	NTW_13_2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	103248

Interesting that Ogilvy seems to be copying Penguins style. I wonder if we will see any of Penguins other henchmen anytime soon, I would like to see Lark show up again at some point.

I had a chance to re-read Tech #13. It was pretty much my favourite Penguin characterisation in a while. So many great moments in the book. Off the top of my head we got the spreading the Cobblepot name (with a little bullying), mention of four families of Gotham, a dislike for Bruce Wayne but not a psychopathic hatred (stops the hit when he gets what he wants, afterall murder brings complications) and the implication that Penguin treats his men alright.

The last two were the most impressive for me as I could never understand why anyone would work for a super criminal who is constantly getting caught or treats his underlings so badly.

Can't wait for next month.

EDIT: Still not sure about the Lounge being off shore.
    Last edited by Aelle3; 10-24-2012 at 03:31 AM.

Name:	lilgotham_cover_rvsd.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	103688

Loved lil gotham, Lets hope for a Penguin Christmas story.

Senior Member FirestormTheNuclearMan's Avatar

In Batman TAS with the Judge who is Two Face he was judged to be worse than a thief. So is he worse than a thief?

What did everyone think of Penguin in Arkham City?