Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Cup O' Joe - Dec 3, 2010

CBR News is back with a new AAA installment of Marvel T&A - All Axel Alonso, that is, as the Executive Editor dives into the entire X-Line, the fate of "PunisherMAX," pics of Marvel's new offices and more!

Full article here.

BANNED

Really people have been just a little skeptical about the Five Lights? that seems like a major understatement and I am not sure Kenji beating up Idie with a picture of the Rising Sun in the background is the right way to go. Still Age of X picture look awesome.

That's not Blade, right?

BANNED

yes unfortunately that is the current Blade design.

That looks like Scalphunter with a haircut.
    He really looks like a white dude.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    That looks like Scalphunter with a haircut.
    He really looks like a white dude.
    It amazes me how marvel cannot follow the simple formula of Blade like the movie version equals badass plus sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    Really people have been just a little skeptical about the Five Lights? that seems like a major understatement and I am not sure Kenji beating up Idie with a picture of the Rising Sun in the background is the right way to go. Still Age of X picture look awesome.
    I agree, that Age of X pic is fabulous - looks like Olivier Coipel? I wish he would do more interiors...

That Coipel Age of X cover looks awesome. I don't understand why they don't give him more interior work. I know he's not very fast, but he could rotate with Clay Mann (who has a very similar style, btw).

As for the length of their individual runs, well, Matt Faction has been on "Uncanny" since issue #500 and we're sending #532 to the printer in a couple weeks. With annuals and other miscellaneous stories, that means Matt has written about three years of stories thus far. Before him, Ed wrote "Uncanny" for two years and change. It's not Chris Claremont's decades, but in today's comic environment those are pretty long runs.
    Ugh. It makes me sad that Fraction was allowed on the book for so long given the quality of the stories he produces.

I wouldn't be surprised if any of the "Five Lights" became core members of the X-Men team in the future. We created them to be relevant to the X-Men's future the first wave of a new generation of mutants. That said, we don't want to rush things. While the feedback has been largely positive, there is also the usual skepticism like the guy from last week's T&A who hated Teon but we're committed to building them just the same way we did with X-23 and Daken.
    I wonder where they get such positive feedback. All I've seen is pretty negative.

Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor View Post
    I wonder where they get such positive feedback. All I've seen is pretty negative.
    I would think, the hordes of people that bought the first book count as positive feedback.

Great White North Brian from Canada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    It amazes me how marvel cannot follow the simple formula of Blade like the movie version equals badass plus sales.
    Actually, Blade like the movie failed dramatically as a series. And Blade has not been able to sustain a series by himself period. However, using a design like this which is totally in opposite of the original is just downright sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian from Canada View Post
    Actually, Blade like the movie failed dramatically as a series. And Blade has not been able to sustain a series by himself period. However, using a design like this which is totally in opposite of the original is just downright sad.
    I thought Blade's movie like series failed because of the economy..i mean there were only like 6 issues, I have a feeling doing that today would do much greater, of course in unison with making sure he was characterized well.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I thought Blade's movie like series failed because of the economy..i mean there were only like 6 issues, I have a feeling doing that today would do much greater, of course in unison with making sure he was characterized well.
    I'd say its a little hard to characterize the character due to how different they are from movie-verse and the comic-verse. In the movie, he's all silent and brooding. He lets his actions speak for him. The comic-verse, he's talks a lot. That's at least his default characterization. A lot of books tried to base him more on the movie where he's this silent guy but they can never quite capture the "Wesley-ness" when they go down that route.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I would think, the hordes of people that bought the first book count as positive feedback.
    Hordes of people? The book didn't do nearly as well as it could have and just because people bought issue 1 doesn't mean they were happy with it or are coming back for #2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian from Canada View Post
    Fine appearance wise it was great. I think we can all agree that was a greatly superior character design. I mean really random lightning bolt hair style and a handle bar mustache come on, doesn't suggest badass or cool it looks god awful and lame.

No offense meant towards the Joseph fan who asked the question but I am relieved to hear that none of the X-writers have considered using that character in the X-Men especially with Magneto now part of the team these days.