View Poll Results: How long do you expect Dan Slott to be the lead/ sole writer of Amazing Spider-Man?

Voters
117. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • I expect him to be gone immediately.

1 0.85%
  • Under one year.

13 11.11%
  • Under two years.

27 23.08%
  • 3-4 Years.

47 40.17%
  • 5-6 Years.

9 7.69%
  • 7-10 Years.

4 3.42%
  • More than 10 Years.

2 1.71%
  • He shall write Amazing Spider-Man until the end of time.

14 11.97%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    As a guy who turned down a side job this year for a paycheck that would've been over a third of his yearly income-- BECAUSE it would've meant cutting back on his not-so-lucrative comic book writing career-- and get in the way of working on his Spider-Man dream job...

...and the guy who slept less than 12 hours over the course of 4 days this week working on a script while he was sick... a guy who finally had to be ORDERED off it by his editor to go see a doctor... and is still in a good deal of pain today...

...this is the first time I think I've ever said this to somebody over a comic book message board:

Go fuck yourself.

Seriously.

Go. Fuck. Yourself.
    I nearly spit soup laughing.....sorry ya feel bad Dan Slott. I know im not a fan of the current direction and I have to admit thats the best possible answer if what he posted was serious. I can pretty much say I would have posted the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    If you wanted Dan to be sympathetic to that request, you might have wanted to reconsider your opening joke.....
    Yeah...I mean at least post a smiley or something in the joke. That the writer can tell your joking around. I'm sure if someone who is sick and isn't well...reads that....he's not gonna be in a good mood.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

I voted for 7-10 years, I sure hope he does more than 200 ASM issues during his own BIG TIME
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Quote Originally Posted by lejayjay View Post
    It is jus a paycheck for Slott anyway. He's not a real fan. A real fan would never work for a company that betrays fans that way
    From what I read of his work and Bendis, I can't tell which one of them is a bigger Spidey nerd among comic creators
    The way people define true fans, do you have some sort of programming in you? What does that mean? It's nonsense
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

I went with 3-4 years, because I know Dan has a lot of ideas he wants to explore and whilst the sales figures remain high Marvel won't get rid of hjim. In today's market 3-4 years is the longest ruin that can really be expected though (much as I'd like longer!)

cheers.

James.
    Any Dream worth Having Is A Dream worth Fighting For.

BANNED

I see him going for as long as Grant Morrison on Batman or Bendis on USM, I just hope none of what he introduces or advances will be retconned once he leaves, we've already had more than enough of that

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

I'm with Slott.

Every book he's been on, She-Hulk, Avengers: The Initiative, and now Spidey have been fun, character-driven, brilliant adventures. I'm guessing 3-4 years. (And why the hell would you compare him to Chuck Austen? He's about as far from that as anything I could think of.)

Anyhow, yeah. Get better Dan, and stay as long as you want to, and they'll let you.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Dan, feel better and don't let the random trolls get to you---as you can tell from the vast majority of posts here and reviews elsewhere, your first two issues of "Big Time" have been about as well-received as any issues of ASM in recent memory. Well done and, again, feel better!
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

One thing Slott has done in 2 short issues is proved that the BND method of rotating writers, while not a definitive failure, held back each writer's best efforts. These first two issues are head and shoulders above just about all of Slott's work on ASM over the last 3 years and there was some pretty great stuff there. Makes one wonder what would happen is, say, Joe Kelly was given his own satellite title alongside Slott's ASM?
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    One thing Slott has done in 2 short issues is proved that the BND method of rotating writers, while not a definitive failure, held back each writer's best efforts. These first two issues are head and shoulders above just about all of Slott's work on ASM over the last 3 years and there was some pretty great stuff there. Makes one wonder what would happen is, say, Joe Kelly was given his own satellite title alongside Slott's ASM?
    if they did that id actually want the price down on ASM.... Perhaps bring back Spectacular Spider-man. Start it at a new #1 and place the old numbering in there soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    if they did that id actually want the price down on ASM.... Perhaps bring back Spectacular Spider-man. Start it at a new #1 and place the old numbering in there soon after.
    Yeah, agreed.....I would go a bit further and say I would not mind if ASM went back to monthly with Slott and then added Spec with Kelly and a new Marvel TeamUp (with Fred Van Lente or Mark Waid writing)----all at $2.99.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Yeah, agreed.....I would go a bit further and say I would not mind if ASM went back to monthly with Slott and then added Spec with Kelly and a new Marvel TeamUp (with Fred Van Lente or Mark Waid writing)----all at $2.99.
    boooo im fine with twice a month, i just dont want a satellite book thats $3.99 or $2.99 if asm is $3.99. (though i dont feel ripped off by the pricing on ASM in any way)

As long as he wants to, I hope.

every dan slott book is full of great ideas and threads and everyone seems to end to soon. even his mini series arkham asylum could have gone on for a while with all the details laid out.

i am happy he gets spiderman to himself now. now he can flesh out all the hints and secrets laid out. i hope we get a good mystery and a scifi tale somewhere in there. i know reckoning war is out of the question with ASM(says breevhort on formspring) which is what i am really interested in. but this is going prett good so far. i say 6 years of danslott asm.
    northlanders .american vampire. bprd. concrete. detective comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Abbasi View Post
    I voted for 7-10 years, I sure hope he does more than 200 ASM issues during his own BIG TIME
    Holy shit that's a lot of issues

dan slott has said he has tons of notebooks full of ideas. that he has been filling full of, for years. way before even joining the brain trust.

i think we are in for a long ride
    northlanders .american vampire. bprd. concrete. detective comics.